Hillary Was Right, example #1029

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
...and Trump lied. Where are all those coal jobs he promised to bring back?

And what was Hillary’s plan for those disappearing jobs that are never coming back?

Oh, yeah. This:

E6253EA7-0131-4F2E-9912-C314DEED0A78.jpeg

*snip*

The mine closures alone were "catastrophic," according to a 2019 report by the Resource Legacy Fund, a nonprofit conservation group. Delta County went from 701 mining jobs in 2012 to 107 in 2016, a loss of more than 80%.

"Unlike some places that have a more gradual off-ramp or predictable decline, these mine closures came suddenly and significantly, allowing for little advance planning or preparation for what would come next," the report explained.

They were part of a broader decline in coal mining across the country, driven largely by cheap natural gas, which emits less carbon than coal, and the growing affordability of renewable energy. That decline is almost certainly a good thing overall, given the dangers of both mining and burning coal, but the short-term effects can also upend communities whose fates remain tethered to the coal industry.

*snip*

Rural community that lost two coal mines is now teaching kids to install solar panels

The market should be free and open so that the coal industry has the same opportunity as any other business. If they can't make it, it's not up to the government, nor Trump, to go against the free-market to bail them out.

It seems to me that, under Obama, the government acted like a fascist entity and tried to destroy the coal industry, and you cheered them on.

I would guess that during the time President Trump was campaigning, he never imagined that we would become not only emery-independent, but a net-exporter of oil and gas for the first time in this country's history.

Coal is nice for keeping the power grid going, but oil and natural gas production has really boomed in this country. So coal has to take a back seat.

Oh, and those two coal mines that shut down? They were in Colorado. Nobody thinks of "Colorado" when someone says "coal."

What Is a List of Things Made From Coal?
Thousands of products are made with coal or coal by-products, including aspirins, soap, dyes, solvents, plastics, and fibers such as rayon or nylon.
Coal is an important ingredient in production of products that require activated carbon, carbon fiber or silicon metal. Activated carbon is an essential ingredient in the production of air purification and water filters as well as kidney dialysis machines.

Carbon fiber is used as a reinforcement material in mountain bikes, building construction and tennis rackets. Different types of coal are used in different ways. Steam coal is primarily used in power generation, while coking coal is used mainly in steel production. The five largest users of coal are China, India, the United States, Japan and Russia. These coal users make up 76 percent of worldwide coal usage, although Asia accounts for 67 percent of worldwide coal usage. Many Asian countries do not have enough natural energy resources to cover energy needs and must import coal to meet those requirements. Approximately 6.6 billion tons of hard coal and 1 billion tons of brown coal were used globally in 2013. Seventy percent of the steel produced in 2014 used coal in its production. Global crude steel production in 2010 was 1.4 billion tons.

Oh my!

Anyone else here burn coal?

~S~
If you have a bbq pit that is not gas or a smoker...
Anyway, there are still many power plants that do rely on coal.

The only way you can cook with a coal fire is if the food is kept separate from the fire, as direct cooking over coal will poison your food.

I'm pretty sure that's a myth. Coal-fired pizza ovens are pretty prevalent in the Eastern locations. I had to look it up, but there are alot of discussions online about cooking over anthracite coal.

~S~

The only way you can cook with a coal fire is if the food is kept separate from the fire, as direct cooking over coal will poison your food.

I'm pretty sure that's a myth. Coal-fired pizza ovens are pretty prevalent in the Eastern locations. I had to look it up, but there are alot of discussions online about cooking over anthracite coal.
I agree with you
Coal-Fired Pizza Ovens are Pushing Anthracite into the Spotlight
Coal Lives On in Pizza Industry - Profit Trends

~S~

Many have cooked with charcoal for generations.

~S~

~S~

I agree with you
Coal-Fired Pizza Ovens are Pushing Anthracite into the Spotlight
Coal Lives On in Pizza Industry - Profit Trends

I didn't say that it was impossible, I said that you can cook with coal as long as the food is kept separate from the fumes. Cooking directly over coal will make your food toxic if the food absorbs the fumes.

Hillary's plan was welfare for out of work coal miners. They weren't interested.

...and Trump lied. Where are all those coal jobs he promised to bring back?

And what was Hillary’s plan for those disappearing jobs that are never coming back?

Oh, yeah. This:

View attachment 297393

*snip*

The mine closures alone were "catastrophic," according to a 2019 report by the Resource Legacy Fund, a nonprofit conservation group. Delta County went from 701 mining jobs in 2012 to 107 in 2016, a loss of more than 80%.

"Unlike some places that have a more gradual off-ramp or predictable decline, these mine closures came suddenly and significantly, allowing for little advance planning or preparation for what would come next," the report explained.

They were part of a broader decline in coal mining across the country, driven largely by cheap natural gas, which emits less carbon than coal, and the growing affordability of renewable energy. That decline is almost certainly a good thing overall, given the dangers of both mining and burning coal, but the short-term effects can also upend communities whose fates remain tethered to the coal industry.

*snip*

Rural community that lost two coal mines is now teaching kids to install solar panels
The only thing since Hillary has done since getting whooped in 2016. Is losing funding to the Clinton foundation and writing another failed book on why she got her ass whooped in 2016. Oh, and brought grey goose stock up! Lol

The market should be free and open so that the coal industry has the same opportunity as any other business. If they can't make it, it's not up to the government, nor Trump, to go against the free-market to bail them out.

It seems to me that, under Obama, the government acted like a fascist entity and tried to destroy the coal industry, and you cheered them on.
What did Obama do to harm the coal industry? That was frackers and natural gas, not Obama.

but Trumpy promised to bring coal back. Where is it?

I would guess that during the time President Trump was campaigning, he never imagined that we would become not only emery-independent, but a net-exporter of oil and gas for the first time in this country's history.

Coal is nice for keeping the power grid going, but oil and natural gas production has really boomed in this country. So coal has to take a back seat.

Oh, and those two coal mines that shut down? They were in Colorado. Nobody thinks of "Colorado" when someone says "coal."
Who gives a shit where the mines are? Did Trumpy promise to save coal only in West Virginia? No.

More:

Mine shutdowns in top US coal region bring new uncertainty

Western Kentucky Coal Mine Closing in Early 2020

Forum List

Back