Coal miner confronts Hillary in WV

Hillary can't tell the truth to save her life. How was her statement taken out of context? Pretty stupid comment even for Hillary.

Her statement:

“We’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.” was taken a bit out of context, but let's be clear, the Dimocrat party wants to completely kill the coal industry, so no matter how much Hillary squirms and tries to and take back these words, in the end we all know that voting for Dimocrats is voting for the death of this industry.

Hillary Clinton Confronted By Coal Miner Over Statement That "We’re Going to Put a Lot of Coal Miners" Out of Business

During a round table in West Virginia, a recently unemployed coal worker confronted Hillary Clinton over her remark at a CNN town hall in March that “We’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.” In response, Clinton admitted her comment was a “misstatement.”

“How you could say you are going to put a lot of coal miners out of jobs and then come in here and tell us how you’re going to be our friend?” the man, Bo Copley, asked during the round table Monday.

“I don’t know how to explain it other than what I said was totally out of context for what I meant because I have been talking about helping coal country for a very long time,” the former secretary of state said in reply. “It was a misstatement because what I was saying is the way things are going now, they will continue to lose jobs. It didn’t mean that we were going to do it. What I said is that is going to happen unless we take action to help and prevent it.”

“Now I can’t take it back, and I certainly can’t get people who, for political reasons or personal reasons, very painful reasons, are upset with me,” she continued. “What I want you to know is I’m going to do everything I can to help, no matter what happens politically.”

Fact Check: Hillary Clinton And Coal Jobs
Hillary Clinton, who's campaigning in Appalachia this week, was confronted Monday by an out-of-work coal miner. At a roundtable discussion in West Virginia, Bo Copley asked Clinton, "How you can say you're going to put a lot of coal miners out of jobs and then come in here and tell us how you're going to be our friend. Because those people out there don't see you as a friend."

Clinton apologized for her word choice at a CNN Town Hall back in March. She insists she wants to help coal country through a difficult economic transition.

Let's break it down.

THE CLAIM:
Hillary Clinton is going to "put a lot of coal miners out of jobs."

THE QUESTION:
Did Clinton really say that? What gives?

THE SHORT ANSWER:
Clinton did tell a town hall audience in Columbus, Ohio in March that "we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business." But that was part of a longer answer about the need to help blue-collar workers adjust. "We're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people," Clinton said. "Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories. Now we've got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels, but I don't want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce the energy that we relied on."

THE LONG ANSWER:
A lot of coal miners and coal companies are going out of business. This is partly the result of Obama Administration policies designed to combat climate change, by shifting power-production away from carbon-intensive coal. It's also the result of the fracking boom, which has led to a sharp drop in the price of natural gas. Together, these forces have put coal at a competitive disadvantage when it comes to turning on our lights and powering our factories. A decade and a half ago, more than half the electricity in the U.S. was produced by burning coal. Today that's shrunk to less than a third, and coal continues to lose market share to natural gas and renewable sources of power.

Dozens of U.S. coal companies have filed for bankruptcy protection, including Arch Coal, the parent company of the mine where Bo Copley worked. Although the U.S. Supreme Court has put the Obama Administration's power plant rules on hold temporarily, many utilities continue to shift away from coal for both economic and environmental reasons. Coal mining employment dropped below 75,000 in 2014, with Appalachian mines seeing the steepest declines.

Hillary Clinton suggests those jobs are not coming back. "The way things are going now, we will continue to lose jobs," she said Monday. Rather than reversing Obama's climate agenda, as Republicans have promised to do, Clinton wants to help coal country adapt. The $30 billion plan she released last fall calls for increased job training, small-business development, and infrastructure investment, especially in Appalachia. The plan also seeks to safeguard miners' healthcare and pensions. "I have been talking about helping coal country for a very long time," Clinton said this week.

Coal Industry makes a product nobody wants because natural gas is cheaper.

The Coal Industry should have planned for this day.

Even the Koch Bros are now saying global warming is man made.

AND we keep shutting down clinics servicing lower-income areas in these states...WHY?

We can't keep making babies when we have less and less jobs every year.

WTF are people supposed to do?

Her statement:

“We’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.” was taken a bit out of context, but let's be clear, the Dimocrat party wants to completely kill the coal industry, so no matter how much Hillary squirms and tries to and take back these words, in the end we all know that voting for Dimocrats is voting for the death of this industry.

Hillary Clinton Confronted By Coal Miner Over Statement That "We’re Going to Put a Lot of Coal Miners" Out of Business

During a round table in West Virginia, a recently unemployed coal worker confronted Hillary Clinton over her remark at a CNN town hall in March that “We’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.” In response, Clinton admitted her comment was a “misstatement.”

“How you could say you are going to put a lot of coal miners out of jobs and then come in here and tell us how you’re going to be our friend?” the man, Bo Copley, asked during the round table Monday.

“I don’t know how to explain it other than what I said was totally out of context for what I meant because I have been talking about helping coal country for a very long time,” the former secretary of state said in reply. “It was a misstatement because what I was saying is the way things are going now, they will continue to lose jobs. It didn’t mean that we were going to do it. What I said is that is going to happen unless we take action to help and prevent it.”

“Now I can’t take it back, and I certainly can’t get people who, for political reasons or personal reasons, very painful reasons, are upset with me,” she continued. “What I want you to know is I’m going to do everything I can to help, no matter what happens politically.”

Hillary Clinton, who's campaigning in Appalachia this week, was confronted Monday by an out-of-work coal miner. At a roundtable discussion in West Virginia, Bo Copley asked Clinton, "How you can say you're going to put a lot of coal miners out of jobs and then come in here and tell us how you're going to be our friend. Because those people out there don't see you as a friend."

Clinton apologized for her word choice at a CNN Town Hall back in March. She insists she wants to help coal country through a difficult economic transition.

Let's break it down.

THE CLAIM:

THE QUESTION:

THE SHORT ANSWER:
Clinton did tell a town hall audience in Columbus, Ohio in March that "we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business." But that was part of a longer answer about the need to help blue-collar workers adjust. "We're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people," Clinton said. "Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories. Now we've got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels, but I don't want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce the energy that we relied on."

THE LONG ANSWER:
A lot of coal miners and coal companies are going out of business. This is partly the result of Obama Administration policies designed to combat climate change, by shifting power-production away from carbon-intensive coal. It's also the result of the fracking boom, which has led to a sharp drop in the price of natural gas. Together, these forces have put coal at a competitive disadvantage when it comes to turning on our lights and powering our factories. A decade and a half ago, more than half the electricity in the U.S. was produced by burning coal. Today that's shrunk to less than a third, and coal continues to lose market share to natural gas and renewable sources of power.

Dozens of U.S. coal companies have filed for bankruptcy protection, including Arch Coal, the parent company of the mine where Bo Copley worked. Although the U.S. Supreme Court has put the Obama Administration's power plant rules on hold temporarily, many utilities continue to shift away from coal for both economic and environmental reasons. Coal mining employment dropped below 75,000 in 2014, with Appalachian mines seeing the steepest declines.

Hillary Clinton suggests those jobs are not coming back. "The way things are going now, we will continue to lose jobs," she said Monday. Rather than reversing Obama's climate agenda, as Republicans have promised to do, Clinton wants to help coal country adapt. The $30 billion plan she released last fall calls for increased job training, small-business development, and infrastructure investment, especially in Appalachia. The plan also seeks to safeguard miners' healthcare and pensions. "I have been talking about helping coal country for a very long time," Clinton said this week.

Who'd want to work in a coal mine? Such a rubbish job.

They are some of the best paying jobs in West Virginia. They may be shit, but people need to feed their families.

Well, I'd say that this is more of a problem with the way the USA works than anything.

Yes, people need jobs to feed their families.

However, the US is the richest country on the planet and the thought process coming from people like Trump is that the US should be aspiring to LOW PAID SHIT jobs. Why?

It seems that education is not really considered important en masse, that only the rich should get good education and the poor should be taking up these crappy jobs for low pay. I don't get it.

But then again West Virginia has to compete with 49 other states, with cities that are larger and, more importantly, richer and with more political influence to bribe companies to go to their states or cities. So all that's left are shit jobs. Wonderful.

Maybe it's time to change tact.

Maybe it's time to stop US cities and states fighting each other to get business, and time to move more towards helping ALL STATES and ALL CITIES to develop and have a wide spread of business all over the country.
Maybe it's time to improve educational standards for ALL, throughout the country.

Maybe it's time to actually have policies that benefit the PEOPLE and not big business.

Her statement:

Let's break it down.

THE CLAIM:

THE QUESTION:

THE SHORT ANSWER:

THE LONG ANSWER:

The left sure has some issues with the working men and women.

You know, I worked in this job and met a guy who was doing really well for himself in real estate. He came from a coal mining community. When he was at school the "careers advisor" or whatever they were called came to school and told all the boys how they'd be going down the mines, forget everything else.

This guy said "coal mining is a shit job, I don't want to be like my father", so he went and got a job in a shop. Then from there he was educated in business and was able to move up in the world. Had he stayed, he'd have been in a shit job until they closed it down, and left on the scrap heap with no skills to do anything else.

I'm not against people working. The opposite in fact.

What I'm for is a country inventing itself for certain types of work, and if they can, to do so with jobs that require skills and an educated work force.

For the US to be competing with Vietnam and China for shitty manufacturing jobs is an absolute joke. You don't see richer countries in Europe doing this, many of them have gone for high education routes and come out of it with jobs that require an education and pay accordingly.

Germany, what manufacturing products do you get from Germany? BMWs, Mercedes, Daimler,

The Largest German Companies - Forbes.com

Here's a list, if they produce, they generally do quality, and they generally get higher wages for it.

Trump wants shit manufacturing jobs, and coal mining that'll never be profitable.

Her statement:

Let's break it down.

THE CLAIM:

THE QUESTION:

THE SHORT ANSWER:

THE LONG ANSWER:

You know, I worked in this job and met a guy who was doing really well for himself in real estate. He came from a coal mining community. When he was at school the "careers advisor" or whatever they were called came to school and told all the boys how they'd be going down the mines, forget everything else.

This guy said "coal mining is a shit job, I don't want to be like my father", so he went and got a job in a shop. Then from there he was educated in business and was able to move up in the world. Had he stayed, he'd have been in a shit job until they closed it down, and left on the scrap heap with no skills to do anything else.

What I'm for is a country inventing itself for certain types of work, and if they can, to do so with jobs that require skills and an educated work force.

For the US to be competing with Vietnam and China for shitty manufacturing jobs is an absolute joke. You don't see richer countries in Europe doing this, many of them have gone for high education routes and come out of it with jobs that require an education and pay accordingly.

Germany, what manufacturing products do you get from Germany? BMWs, Mercedes, Daimler,

Here's a list, if they produce, they generally do quality, and they generally get higher wages for it.

Trump wants shit manufacturing jobs, and coal mining that'll never be profitable.

What do you think is the biggest difference between the population of Germany and the population of the US?

Her statement:

Let's break it down.

THE CLAIM:

THE QUESTION:

THE SHORT ANSWER:

THE LONG ANSWER:

I know people who worked in the mill and made a livable living. There wasn't much else they could be trained to do. As much as we would like to think everyone can be a doctor, that just isn't true.

Her statement:

Let's break it down.

THE CLAIM:

THE QUESTION:

THE SHORT ANSWER:

THE LONG ANSWER:

What do you think is the biggest difference between the population of Germany and the population of the US?

Germany is full of Germans and America is full of Americans perhaps.

Her statement:

Let's break it down.

THE CLAIM:

THE QUESTION:

THE SHORT ANSWER:

THE LONG ANSWER:

I know people who worked in the mill and made a livable living. There wasn't much else they could be trained to do. As much as we would like to think everyone can be a doctor, that just isn't true.

I'm saying everyone should be going to be a doctor.

Some people will be at the bottom of the pile, however if you have lots of businesses employing people with good education in jobs that require lots of skills, then their wages will be higher, and the lower people will also end up earning more.

Germany is a far better place to live because of that.

On the contrary, we don't eliminate coal because we don't want to pay a lot more for electricity.

we don't eliminate coal because unlike France or Japan, which went all nuclear decades ago, we have a coal industry that sends people to washington to prop it up.
And we have a bunch of people who should know better blocking any attempts to move nuclear forward.

[
Impossible. We must kill coal before coal kills Mother Earth and we all die a slow agonizing death....plus we need lots of government involvement so that it can make lots of money for itself it's cronies.

Don't you get it?

Mother Earth?

My god you are a nutcase. I bet you believe this AGW scam bullshit, don't you?

Earth is ball of molten rock with a thin crust, thin atmosphere and a little water. There is no "mother" to it. Most of the time the earth has been existence it would have been unable to sustain humans.

Eight billion humans (soon to be ten billion) are polluting the earth just fine with or without coal.

Coal is a good source of energy. At least it works, unlike that environment wacko bullshit of wind and solar power.

Gripper is a sarcasm miner.

[
Impossible. We must kill coal before coal kills Mother Earth and we all die a slow agonizing death....plus we need lots of government involvement so that it can make lots of money for itself it's cronies.

Don't you get it?

Mother Earth?

My god you are a nutcase. I bet you believe this AGW scam bullshit, don't you?

Earth is ball of molten rock with a thin crust, thin atmosphere and a little water. There is no "mother" to it. Most of the time the earth has been existence it would have been unable to sustain humans.

Eight billion humans (soon to be ten billion) are polluting the earth just fine with or without coal.

Coal is a good source of energy. At least it works, unlike that environment wacko bullshit of wind and solar power.

You seem to be unable to see SARCASM.

Or we just realize that certain jobs vanish when there is no longer a need for them.

The thing is, we could completely eliminate coal as an energy source if we wanted to. We don't because no one wants to upset the coal miners. No one wants more coal plants and the ones that still exist are being replaced.

As long as you're willing to pay higher electricity rates, because that's what will happen. Solar and wind are expensive ways to generate electricity, and you fucking leftists are also trying to kill hydro.

Not to mention their visceral and mindless opposition to nuclear energy.

Her statement:

Let's break it down.

THE CLAIM:

THE QUESTION:

THE SHORT ANSWER:

THE LONG ANSWER:

These guys... Over 11,000 Coal Miners Lost Their Jobs In The Last Year

No stupid ass "green" jobs will ever replace the great pay of coal... Lol

BLAH BLAH BLAH, I notice the idiotic liberals here have once again steered the conversation away from the topic at hand.

Did Hillary lie when she told that coal miner her comments were taken out of the text? Answer? Yes of course

Go debate whether coal is dead or not in another thread.

Her statement:

Let's break it down.

THE CLAIM:

THE QUESTION:

THE SHORT ANSWER:

THE LONG ANSWER:

Coal Industry makes a product nobody wants because natural gas is cheaper.

The Coal Industry should have planned for this day.

Even the Koch Bros are now saying global warming is man made.

AND we keep shutting down clinics servicing lower-income areas in these states...WHY?

We can't keep making babies when we have less and less jobs every year.

WTF are people supposed to do?
Tissue?

Her statement:

Let's break it down.

THE CLAIM:

THE QUESTION:

THE SHORT ANSWER:

THE LONG ANSWER:

Germany is totally dependent on Russia for its energy. dumbass
Lol

The case is closed, Hillary Clinton lied again and all the left can say is coal is bad, ignore the fact Hillary lied. She is a liar, and a very good one at that. Dems you lose, Hillary lied.

The case is closed, Hillary Clinton lied again and all the left can say is coal is bad, ignore the fact Hillary lied. She is a liar, and a very good one at that. Dems you lose, Hillary lied.
Maybe she was under sniper-fire at the time...

Forum List

Back