Hillary- Obamacare Problem- Rates Increase ~16%

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Look, anyone with a brain knew what a cluster this was going to be, and it is.

Average rate hikes of 16% because not enough are joining the cluster train and more are sicker than previously expected.

Duh, lets see..... You take a bunch of free loaders with no pre-exisiting condition clause... What could go wrong?

-Geaux
------------

But the size of premium increases could still spell trouble.

ObamaCare premiums are expected to rise more this year in part because insurers initially set their premiums too low. The pool of enrollees has been smaller and sicker than expected and many insurers now need to raise premiums to stop losing money.

An analysis from the consulting firm Avalere Health last week found that early data from nine states indicate an average 16 percent premium increase, compared to about 6 percent at this point last year.

There are examples of even bigger increases. Providence Health Plan, one of Oregon’s largest insurers, is seeking a 29.6 percent increase.

Hillary's ObamaCare problem

Whatever we did or whatever we do it still leaves some questions.

What do we do with the population who can't pay for medical insurance much less health care at any price?

What do we do with costs of medical care increasing at a rate higher than inflation? Much higher? I am not talking about the cut that the health care insurance company takes, I am talking about the escalation in the cost of the actual care.

So while we all agree Obamacare could have been done much better I don't see where it is causing the rates to increase, except for the FACT that more people ARE covered who HAD previous conditions that prevented them from being able to buy healthcare insurance at pretty much any price.

So alternatives need to be investigated and proposed.

What do we do with the population who can't pay for medical insurance much less health care at any price?

What do we do with costs of medical care increasing at a rate higher than inflation? Much higher? I am not talking about the cut that the health care insurance company takes, I am talking about the escalation in the cost of the actual care.

So while we all agree Obamacare could have been done much better I don't see where it is causing the rates to increase, except for the FACT that more people ARE covered who HAD previous conditions that prevented them from being able to buy healthcare insurance at pretty much any price.

I argue that many who now get healthcare at my expense, could have afforded it pre-Obamacare but they lacked the basic skills to establish priorities

-Geaux

I argue that many who now get healthcare at my expense, could have afforded it pre-Obamacare but they lacked the basic skills to establish priorities

-Geaux

How does one prove that contention?

One answer is to expand Medicaid. Really wasn't that the only answer that was ever required? Consider what healthcare really costs, or should I say Healthcare insurance? For two people it costs from 800 to over 1000 per month. I assume that is also what companies pay for their sponsored insurance.

Medicare costs 121/month. Is anyone dreaming that at 121 medicare covers all costs for seniors?

So without Obamacare you and I were already paying for a lot of people's healthcare and nothing much changed.

So, in my opinion, the answer was, expand medicare, add the pre-condition clause, allow all vets to access VA medical services, and make preventive medicine free or affordable. Then take on the drug companies and how they are gouging the crap out of folks.

That's it, one paragraph to replace the massive Obamacare cluster....

Average rate hikes of 16% because not enough are joining the cluster train and more are sicker than previously expected.

Duh, lets see..... You take a bunch of free loaders with no pre-exisiting condition clause... What could go wrong?

-Geaux
------------

ObamaCare premiums are expected to rise more this year in part because insurers initially set their premiums too low. The pool of enrollees has been smaller and sicker than expected and many insurers now need to raise premiums to stop losing money.

An analysis from the consulting firm Avalere Health last week found that early data from nine states indicate an average 16 percent premium increase, compared to about 6 percent at this point last year.

There are examples of even bigger increases. Providence Health Plan, one of Oregon’s largest insurers, is seeking a 29.6 percent increase.

well if you're so sure you are right here then why hasn't any of the republican governors let Obama come to their state???? could it be they know if they hold back that the cost goes up ??? could that be the real reason ??? HUMMMM !!!!!

-Geaux

One answer is to expand Medicaid. Really wasn't that the only answer that was ever required? Consider what healthcare really costs, or should I say Healthcare insurance? For two people it costs from 800 to over 1000 per month. I assume that is also what companies pay for their sponsored insurance.

Medicare costs 121/month. Is anyone dreaming that at 121 medicare covers all costs for seniors?

So without Obamacare you and I were already paying for a lot of people's healthcare and nothing much changed.

So, in my opinion, the answer was, expand medicare, add the pre-condition clause, allow all vets to access VA medical services, and make preventive medicine free or affordable. Then take on the drug companies and how they are gouging the crap out of folks.

I like the older system. For me it was better service at a far better price.

-Geaux

-Geaux
------------

well if you're so sure you are right here then why hasn't any of the republican governors let Obama come to their state???? could it be they know if they hold back that the cost goes up ??? could that be the real reason ??? HUMMMM !!!!!

WTH?

Do you mean Medicare expansion?

Do you mean setting up their own exchanges?

are you for real??? really are you????

answer to your first question is the easiest one of all ... if your state takes the ACA to their state, those who can't afford it go on Medicaid and are covered 100% thats the way its set up ... I realize you never really looked at the ACA plan cause this is the stupidest question you've asked ...

Actually this is the second stupidest question you have asked ... heres how we stop the cost going up ... all states that hasn't accepted the ACA plan, cause their republican governor refuses to accept it, is forced to accept it ... cost goes down ... next stupid question???

yes I agree Obama care could have been done much better ... the fact that they allowed states to opt out of the ACA was their biggest mistake in the ACA ...so the first thing they could do is stop republican governors from opting out of the ACA ... problems solved ...

Last edited:

-Geaux

-Geaux

What was the "old" system? Did you actually buy your own insurance on the "old" system. But I will say one thing Obamacare did do is give companies the ability to lie. Verizon went on strike and one of the issues was Verizon dropping their retirees from medical coverage. What they say is that Obamacare is cheaper, cheaper for Verizon since nothing is less than something they were paying. So now people are forced to pay the full load and see what healthcare actually does cost. The company I worked for did the same damn thing. They lied to their people by promising healthcare until medicare then they reneged. They are liars of the first order and Obamacare allowed them to do so.

Medical expenses have been increasing above the inflation rate for years. There is only an illusion of competition. IF the Healthcare insurance providers are hurting then why are there ads 24/7 for their plans?

-Geaux
------------

What is the GOP-igs solution? On average, my premiums went up every single enrollment period at my job, every other year, my premiums would go up....why do you fuck heads now blame ACA for something INSURANCE COMPANIES HAVE BEEN DOING FOR FUCKIN YEARS???? Better still, where is the outrage at the Insurance industry, that pays pennies on the dollar until deductibles are met? Where is the outrage of insurance companies denying needed procedures because their bottom line is effected...yet continue to take your premium money? Where is the outrage from the insurance industry who got millions of new clients in their clutches? I'll tell you, there is NONE and finally where is the outrage from idiots like you, who whined like bitches paying for the uninsured, who whined like little whores when CEO's were getting million dollar perks for saving the industry money, while people died?

Stop finding excuses to protect a industry that's built on profits instead of human care. I'm sick of you people and if you have a better solution, find a fuckin suggestion box and stuff it there or shut the fuck up!!

answer to your first question is the easiest one of all ... if your state takes the ACA to their state, those who can't afford it go on Medicaid and are covered 100% thats the way its set up ... I realize you never really looked at the ACA plan cause this is the stupidest question you've asked ...

Actually this is the second stupidest question you have asked ... heres how we stop the cost going up ... all states that hasn't accepted the ACA plan, cause their republican governor refuses to accept it, is forced to accept it ... mcost goes down ... next stupid question???

yes I agree Obama care could have been done much better ... the fact that they allowed states to opt out of the ACA was their biggest mistake in the ACA ...so the first thing they could do is stop republican governors from opting out of the ACA ... problems solved ...

The only opt out I know of is in setting up exchanges. ACA is the law of the land the SCOTUS proved that.

What accepting the exchanges means is that the states also have to expand Medicaid. Which states decided not to do. Because it puts more of an unfunded burden on the states. And no, Obamacare does not and can not reduce cost. My whole point was that costs were escalating before Obamacare and Obamacare didn't stop the rise, IT CAN'T. Only competition or direct government intervention in cost can do that. So, if a person is on Medicaid or medicare or the VA medical system, they are pretty immune to cost increases, everyone else, sorry.

-Geaux

-Geaux
now this does tell me you're stupid ... if your state opt out of the ACA your cost will be outrageous ... if your state takes it the you won't believe how great it is ... so far I pay 250 dollars a month... so far I haven't had to pay a copay to see the doctor and I haven't had to pay any kind of deductible to see a doctor or any copy for meds ... with out a the ACA I paid 550 dollars a month ... I had a 5000 dollar deductible and 45 dollar copay to see a doctor and 45 dollar copay on my meds ... now you're trying to tell me before the ACA it was better .... ??? really ??? you're a lot stupider then I thought ...

Actually this is the second stupidest question you have asked ... heres how we stop the cost going up ... all states that hasn't accepted the ACA plan, cause their republican governor refuses to accept it, is forced to accept it ... mcost goes down ... next stupid question???

Thank you. I find it rather sad that everyone is out to point fingers at ACA and not GOP governors or the industry as a whole. But one wouldn't expect anything less from a brain dead party, such as the GOP!!

-Geaux
------------

What is the GOP-igs solution? On average, my premiums went up every single enrollment period at my job, every other year, my premiums would go up....why do you fuck heads now blame ACA for something INSURANCE COMPANIES HAVE BEEN DOING FOR FUCKIN YEARS???? Better still, where is the outrage at the Insurance industry, that pays pennies on the dollar until deductibles are met? Where is the outrage of insurance companies denying needed procedures because their bottom line is effected...yet continue to take your premium money? Where is the outrage from the insurance industry who got millions of new clients in their clutches? I'll tell you, there is NONE and finally where is the outrage from idiots like you, who whined like bitches paying for the uninsured, who whined like little whores when CEO's were getting million dollar perks for saving the industry money, while people died?

Stop finding excuses to protect a industry that's built on profits instead of human care. I'm sick of you people and if you have a better solution, find a fuckin suggestion box and stuff it there or shut the fuck up!!

Try to get this through your head. Insurance companies are not responsible for the increase in healthcare costs. They are about 5 percent of the cost so eliminating them would not be a huge effect. The cost of healthcare, you know seeing the doctor, x-rays and such is what is increasing. Along with the drug companies gouging which Obama didn't do a thing about or even try. After all he wanted the drug companies support for Obamacare. We were sold out.

State Governors aren't accepting it because they don't want to be saddled with the bill for it once the REAL costs kick in...you know the costs that Barry, Harry and Nancy lied about to get this mess passed in the first place?

-Geaux
------------

WTH?

Do you mean Medicare expansion?

Do you mean setting up their own exchanges?
no I was clear if you can't afford health care you get to go on medicaid thats the way it works in my state ... my fried who has lost every thing is on SSDI ... and gets medicaid to pay for all his copays and deductibles thats what it does for you... if your state doesn't accept the ACA you pay through the nose

The only opt out I know of is in setting up exchanges. ACA is the law of the land the SCOTUS proved that.

What accepting the exchanges means is that the states also have to expand Medicaid. Which states decided not to do. Because it puts more of an unfunded burden on the states. And no, Obamacare does not and can not reduce cost. My whole point was that costs were escalating before Obamacare and Obamacare didn't stop the rise, IT CAN'T. Only competition or direct government intervention in cost can do that. So, if a person is on Medicaid or medicare or the VA medical system, they are pretty immune to cost increases, everyone else, sorry.

And for the record, insurance costs has been going up for years, for years....long before Obama came along. Today they've found a easier way to gauge the public and its through these enormous deductibles that have to be met before they spend a pity out of pocket.....just another way to fuck the american public, something the GOP has co signed onto and don't give a shit about. And for those still pointing fingers at ACA....well, the republican party had a chance back in the day to add their imput, their signature, there part in all this and they did nothing, but offer a 5000 dollar voucher and endless court hearings on getting rid of it.

State Governors aren't accepting it because they don't want to be saddled with the bill for it once the REAL costs kick in...you know the costs that Barry, Harry and Nancy lied about to get this mess passed in the first place?

But they do swallow the cost in the end.....every single time a uninsured person shows up in the emergency room, the maternity ward, clinics or what ever, guess who pays for the shit, you stupid fuck head.....the states!!!! OR they go beggin all tax payers to foot the bill, but in the end you fuck nut, somebody pays and it sure as hell isn't the uninsured.

-Geaux
------------

Did they go up 16%, Tiger? If not...then you need to shut the fuck up! The ACA was awful legislation...passed with complete misrepresentations about it's costs. The truth is...it's going to have to be completely reworked or it will cause a financial "death spiral" in a matter of years.

-Geaux
------------

You claim to care about people. How many of those people did you personally find and pay the premiums because they couldn't afford it? I'm betting NONE.

My plan is that I will provide mine, you provide yours, and if you think someone that doesn't have it should get it, you provide theirs, too. Until YOU show me you care by doing something with your money, saying you care and supporting someone else being forced to do the funding doesn't work.

Forum List

Back