Hillary- Obamacare Problem- Rates Increase ~16%

Whatever we did or whatever we do it still leaves some questions.

What do we do with the population who can't pay for medical insurance much less health care at any price?

What do we do with costs of medical care increasing at a rate higher than inflation? Much higher? I am not talking about the cut that the health care insurance company takes, I am talking about the escalation in the cost of the actual care.

So while we all agree Obamacare could have been done much better I don't see where it is causing the rates to increase, except for the FACT that more people ARE covered who HAD previous conditions that prevented them from being able to buy healthcare insurance at pretty much any price.

So alternatives need to be investigated and proposed.
are you for real??? really are you????

answer to your first question is the easiest one of all ... if your state takes the ACA to their state, those who can't afford it go on Medicaid and are covered 100% thats the way its set up ... I realize you never really looked at the ACA plan cause this is the stupidest question you've asked ...

Actually this is the second stupidest question you have asked ... heres how we stop the cost going up ... all states that hasn't accepted the ACA plan, cause their republican governor refuses to accept it, is forced to accept it ... mcost goes down ... next stupid question???

yes I agree Obama care could have been done much better ... the fact that they allowed states to opt out of the ACA was their biggest mistake in the ACA ...so the first thing they could do is stop republican governors from opting out of the ACA ... problems solved ...

State Governors aren't accepting it because they don't want to be saddled with the bill for it once the REAL costs kick in...you know the costs that Barry, Harry and Nancy lied about to get this mess passed in the first place?

But they do swallow the cost in the end.....every single time a uninsured person shows up in the emergency room, the maternity ward, clinics or what ever, guess who pays for the shit, you stupid fuck head.....the states!!!! OR they go beggin all tax payers to foot the bill, but in the end you fuck nut, somebody pays and it sure as hell isn't the uninsured.

Since you claim to care for people, shouldn't YOU be paying the bills when they can't?

What do we do with the population who can't pay for medical insurance much less health care at any price?

What do we do with costs of medical care increasing at a rate higher than inflation? Much higher? I am not talking about the cut that the health care insurance company takes, I am talking about the escalation in the cost of the actual care.

So while we all agree Obamacare could have been done much better I don't see where it is causing the rates to increase, except for the FACT that more people ARE covered who HAD previous conditions that prevented them from being able to buy healthcare insurance at pretty much any price.

answer to your first question is the easiest one of all ... if your state takes the ACA to their state, those who can't afford it go on Medicaid and are covered 100% thats the way its set up ... I realize you never really looked at the ACA plan cause this is the stupidest question you've asked ...

Actually this is the second stupidest question you have asked ... heres how we stop the cost going up ... all states that hasn't accepted the ACA plan, cause their republican governor refuses to accept it, is forced to accept it ... mcost goes down ... next stupid question???

yes I agree Obama care could have been done much better ... the fact that they allowed states to opt out of the ACA was their biggest mistake in the ACA ...so the first thing they could do is stop republican governors from opting out of the ACA ... problems solved ...

One you can't force states to accept it retard.

Two what are you going to suggest next that insurance company's can't opting out of the exchanges?

The only opt out I know of is in setting up exchanges. ACA is the law of the land the SCOTUS proved that.

What accepting the exchanges means is that the states also have to expand Medicaid. Which states decided not to do. Because it puts more of an unfunded burden on the states. And no, Obamacare does not and can not reduce cost. My whole point was that costs were escalating before Obamacare and Obamacare didn't stop the rise, IT CAN'T. Only competition or direct government intervention in cost can do that. So, if a person is on Medicaid or medicare or the VA medical system, they are pretty immune to cost increases, everyone else, sorry.

And for the record, insurance costs has been going up for years, for years....long before Obama came along. Today they've found a easier way to gauge the public and its through these enormous deductibles that have to be met before they spend a pity out of pocket.....just another way to fuck the american public, something the GOP has co signed onto and don't give a shit about. And for those still pointing fingers at ACA....well, the republican party had a chance back in the day to add their imput, their signature, there part in all this and they did nothing, but offer a 5000 dollar voucher and endless court hearings on getting rid of it.

What is offered does not sustain itself

Again, I was better off all the way around prior to ACA.

-Geaux

State Governors aren't accepting it because they don't want to be saddled with the bill for it once the REAL costs kick in...you know the costs that Barry, Harry and Nancy lied about to get this mess passed in the first place?

But they do swallow the cost in the end.....every single time a uninsured person shows up in the emergency room, the maternity ward, clinics or what ever, guess who pays for the shit, you stupid fuck head.....the states!!!! OR they go beggin all tax payers to foot the bill, but in the end you fuck nut, somebody pays and it sure as hell isn't the uninsured.

In case you haven't been lately, Tiger...the emergency room is STILL full of illegal aliens STILL getting healthcare which they don't pay for which cost is STILL passed along to the rest of us! The ACA didn't address that problem.

Look, anyone with a brain knew what a cluster this was going to be, and it is.

Average rate hikes of 16% because not enough are joining the cluster train and more are sicker than previously expected.

Duh, lets see..... You take a bunch of free loaders with no pre-exisiting condition clause... What could go wrong?

-Geaux
------------

But the size of premium increases could still spell trouble.

ObamaCare premiums are expected to rise more this year in part because insurers initially set their premiums too low. The pool of enrollees has been smaller and sicker than expected and many insurers now need to raise premiums to stop losing money.

An analysis from the consulting firm Avalere Health last week found that early data from nine states indicate an average 16 percent premium increase, compared to about 6 percent at this point last year.

There are examples of even bigger increases. Providence Health Plan, one of Oregon’s largest insurers, is seeking a 29.6 percent increase.

Hillary's ObamaCare problem
What is the GOP-igs solution? On average, my premiums went up every single enrollment period at my job, every other year, my premiums would go up....why do you fuck heads now blame ACA for something INSURANCE COMPANIES HAVE BEEN DOING FOR FUCKIN YEARS???? Better still, where is the outrage at the Insurance industry, that pays pennies on the dollar until deductibles are met? Where is the outrage of insurance companies denying needed procedures because their bottom line is effected...yet continue to take your premium money? Where is the outrage from the insurance industry who got millions of new clients in their clutches? I'll tell you, there is NONE and finally where is the outrage from idiots like you, who whined like bitches paying for the uninsured, who whined like little whores when CEO's were getting million dollar perks for saving the industry money, while people died?

Stop finding excuses to protect a industry that's built on profits instead of human care. I'm sick of you people and if you have a better solution, find a fuckin suggestion box and stuff it there or shut the fuck up!!

Try to get this through your head. Insurance companies are not responsible for the increase in healthcare costs. They are about 5 percent of the cost so eliminating them would not be a huge effect. The cost of healthcare, you know seeing the doctor, x-rays and such is what is increasing. Along with the drug companies gouging which Obama didn't do a thing about or even try. After all he wanted the drug companies support for Obamacare. We were sold out.
Oh, but they are...they are the beneficiaries of healthcare increases. Most hospitals agree to pay a certain amount based on agreements with insurers, the rest is paid by the insurer. Surely you must know this? If we had a single payer system, not only would hospital cost go down, but everyone would benefit from this. Yet its time, this country horn in 20 bucks for a tylonel and these huge profits hospitals impose just to have the newest bs equiptment that nobody can afford to use.

The only opt out I know of is in setting up exchanges. ACA is the law of the land the SCOTUS proved that.

What accepting the exchanges means is that the states also have to expand Medicaid. Which states decided not to do. Because it puts more of an unfunded burden on the states. And no, Obamacare does not and can not reduce cost. My whole point was that costs were escalating before Obamacare and Obamacare didn't stop the rise, IT CAN'T. Only competition or direct government intervention in cost can do that. So, if a person is on Medicaid or medicare or the VA medical system, they are pretty immune to cost increases, everyone else, sorry.

And for the record, insurance costs has been going up for years, for years....long before Obama came along. Today they've found a easier way to gauge the public and its through these enormous deductibles that have to be met before they spend a pity out of pocket.....just another way to fuck the american public, something the GOP has co signed onto and don't give a shit about. And for those still pointing fingers at ACA....well, the republican party had a chance back in the day to add their imput, their signature, there part in all this and they did nothing, but offer a 5000 dollar voucher and endless court hearings on getting rid of it.

-Geaux

And so was I.....but guess what, US companies shop for cheap insurance for their employers.....in order to garner more profit for themselves...something I don't blame ACA for, but corporate america's greed...finger pointing time again!!

its obvious you have no Idea what you are talking about ... there is no burden at all to the states ... the states that accept medicaid, where have you been, the federal government pays the state for it in full ... the states don't pay a dime for it... you have been sooooo blinded by republican banter that you have no clue ... medicaid cost is paid by the feds not the state this is what in the ACA plan.. there is a cut off time for the fed paying for it in full I don't remember how long it is ... when they do they only makes the state pay 10% of the cost ... oh yes here's how they paid for it ... Medical equipment ... they put a tax on them 2% that 2% tax pays for the cost of medicaid ... so when the republicans tried to repeal that tax and took it to the supreme court trying to say it was unconstitutional and the republicans lost, that would have caused a big problem that's why they took it to the supreme court to make the ACA fail ..

Last edited:

Thank the GOP. They have insurance company profits to protect. No one disputes that.

In case you haven't been lately, Tiger...the emergency room is STILL full of illegal aliens STILL getting healthcare which they don't pay for which cost is STILL passed along to the rest of us! The ACA didn't address that problem.

Again, that's been that way l o n g before ACA and long after ACA. Ilegal immigration was a topic both GOP house and senate ran on the last election and you idiots fell for the bullshit and to date....do tell what the hell have they done about it? Until rich corporate america stop offering jobs, housing and medical care at our expense, expect more of the same.

its obvious you have no Idea what you are talking about ... there is no burden at all to the states ... t5he states that accept medicaid, where have you been, the federal government pays the state for it in full ... the states don't pay a dime for it... you have been sooooo blinded by republican banter that you have no clue ... medicaid cost is paid by the feds not the state this is what in the ACA plan.. there is a cut off time for the fed paying for it I don't remember how long it is ... when they do they only makes the state pay 10% of the cost ... oh yes hers how they paid for it Medical equipment they put a tax on them 2% that 2% tax pays for the cost on medicaid ... so when the republicans took that to the supreme court trying to say it was unconstitutional and lost trying, that would have caused a big problem that's why they took it to the supreme court to make it fail ..

Son, when are you gonna learn, FACTS TO A REPUBLICAN IS LIKE KRYTONITE......THEY CAN'T HANDLE IT, SO STOP!!

Average rate hikes of 16% because not enough are joining the cluster train and more are sicker than previously expected.

Duh, lets see..... You take a bunch of free loaders with no pre-exisiting condition clause... What could go wrong?

-Geaux
------------

ObamaCare premiums are expected to rise more this year in part because insurers initially set their premiums too low. The pool of enrollees has been smaller and sicker than expected and many insurers now need to raise premiums to stop losing money.

An analysis from the consulting firm Avalere Health last week found that early data from nine states indicate an average 16 percent premium increase, compared to about 6 percent at this point last year.

There are examples of even bigger increases. Providence Health Plan, one of Oregon’s largest insurers, is seeking a 29.6 percent increase.

What is the GOP-igs solution? On average, my premiums went up every single enrollment period at my job, every other year, my premiums would go up....why do you fuck heads now blame ACA for something INSURANCE COMPANIES HAVE BEEN DOING FOR FUCKIN YEARS???? Better still, where is the outrage at the Insurance industry, that pays pennies on the dollar until deductibles are met? Where is the outrage of insurance companies denying needed procedures because their bottom line is effected...yet continue to take your premium money? Where is the outrage from the insurance industry who got millions of new clients in their clutches? I'll tell you, there is NONE and finally where is the outrage from idiots like you, who whined like bitches paying for the uninsured, who whined like little whores when CEO's were getting million dollar perks for saving the industry money, while people died?

Stop finding excuses to protect a industry that's built on profits instead of human care. I'm sick of you people and if you have a better solution, find a fuckin suggestion box and stuff it there or shut the fuck up!!

Try to get this through your head. Insurance companies are not responsible for the increase in healthcare costs. They are about 5 percent of the cost so eliminating them would not be a huge effect. The cost of healthcare, you know seeing the doctor, x-rays and such is what is increasing. Along with the drug companies gouging which Obama didn't do a thing about or even try. After all he wanted the drug companies support for Obamacare. We were sold out.
Oh, but they are...they are the beneficiaries of healthcare increases. Most hospitals agree to pay a certain amount based on agreements with insurers, the rest is paid by the insurer. Surely you must know this? If we had a single payer system, not only would hospital cost go down, but everyone would benefit from this. Yet its time, this country horn in 20 bucks for a tylonel and these huge profits hospitals impose just to have the newest bs equiptment that nobody can afford to use.

Interesting, that in the first part you seem to disagree and in the second party you agree. How does single payer reduce the cost of the actual health care? How does Obamacare address hospitals buying "BS equipment" they don't need?

You do realize that the states setting up exchanges and the federal marketplace only matters if you get a subsidy? The choices of healthcare insurance are exactly the same whether bought on the exchanges or just bought from the company themselves. so single payer isn't going to reduce costs it can't as can't Obamacare, except for those who get subsidized.

Since you claim to care for people, shouldn't YOU be paying the bills when they can't?
And I do...every time an illegal shows up to pop out a bean taco kid or some nigga gets shot and is sent to the emergency room, my local and state taxes which is high as fuck, foots the fuckin bill....next stupid whine?

the state doesn't pay anything at the first couple of years of the plan then they most they will pay bis 10% of the cost... the state doesn't pay for medicaid you and I do na so does your employer all the state does is hod the money in a fund

-Geaux
------------

Interesting, that in the first part you seem to disagree and in the second party you agree. How does single payer reduce the cost of the actual health care? How does Obamacare address hospitals buying "BS equipment" they don't need?

You do realize that the states setting up exchanges and the federal marketplace only matters if you get a subsidy? The choices of healthcare insurance are exactly the same whether bought on the exchanges or just bought from the company themselves. so single payer isn't going to reduce costs it can't as can't Obamacare, except for those who get subsidized.

First off, theres not one hospital where I live, that' isn't under construction, not one. There's not one doctor that I'm aware of who's thrown in the towel and works at McDonalds today. Dr's are overpaid, over worked and do quite well in this country...few need a bake sale or a food drive to live. And I have yet to see any hospital go out of business due to ACA or any type of funding denied, same with clinics...so somebody is making profit. As for single payer.....when you take out profit, you have a system based solely on heathcare....one more time, when you take out the middle man, those expecting profit, you have more financial resources at your disposal.

the reason governors won't accept it, it will could cause it to fail .. as soon as you get a democrat for governor he will accept it ... then your problem is that you will have, is you will see how much better it is and how much cheaper it is and they don't want that ...

-Geaux
------------

Off topic a bit....and know that I am not a Hillary fan...but your tag lines have all these Hillary lies and flip flops and yet Donald Orange Face Trumps flips more flops than a chinese outing on a fuckin beach. You do know this of course, yes?

These are all good question Freewill, however I believe you left out the most important questions, to wit;

1. What factors are the primary contributors to the high cost of healthcare?
2. What factors are the primary contributors to the high rate of cost increase in healthcare?

Once we have HONEST AND COMPLETE answers to those two questions one can then begin to have a reason and evidence based discussion regarding solutions to addressing the challenges in our healthcare system, so far we haven't really had that conversation since it's been dominated by political sophistry and outright ignorance.

-Geaux

And so was I.....but guess what, US companies shop for cheap insurance for their employers.....in order to garner more profit for themselves...something I don't blame ACA for, but corporate america's greed...finger pointing time again!!
yes us companies will shop for cheeper plans there is no question their but the ACA says you have to have a certain amount of insurance to the plan that the Federal government will accept so your point here is pointless

-Geaux
------------

First off, theres not one hospital where I live, that' isn't under construction, not one. There's not one doctor that I'm aware of who's thrown in the towel and works at McDonalds today. Dr's are overpaid, over worked and do quite well in this country...few need a bake sale or a food drive to live. And I have yet to see any hospital go out of business due to ACA or any type of funding denied, same with clinics...so somebody is making profit. As for single payer.....when you take out profit, you have a system based solely on heathcare....one more time, when you take out the middle man, those expecting profit, you have more financial resources at your disposal.

God you are ignorant about the healthcare industry. Pretty much everything you said is wrong.

the reason governors won't accept it, it will could cause it to fail .. as soon as you get a democrat for governor he will accept it ... then your problem is that you will have, is you will see how much better it is and how much cheaper it is and they don't want that ...

The state of Ky....was a model for the ACA because so many signed up for it and the state actually lowered its cost of healthcare....but white people so stupid, so hatin on the black guy in the white house, voted for a Tea Party nut and now these sorry fucks are all running around with their fingers stuck up their ass cause dude is forcing the out.....why? Because the dumb hicks, thought Obamacare and ACA were two different things...that's how stupid white people are in this country and how blind they are to FACTS!!

Forum List

Back