Higher taxes or cut frivolous spending

I know all about it. It was for defense first and public travel second.

and as I said every part of every highway in in a state and that state that the road is in should be responsible for its upkeep.

Except all those big sqaure states in the middle of the country wouldn't be able to afford to keep up their roads.

Well if you believe the politicians all our roads are falling apart.

and as I said every part of every highway in in a state and that state that the road is in should be responsible for its upkeep.

Except all those big sqaure states in the middle of the country wouldn't be able to afford to keep up their roads.

Whether you do or don't believe the politicians, our roads, bridges, railroads and other infrastructure are in dire need of repair. Europe has 200mph trains to get you to your destinations quickly and have had them since the 1980s. We are still languishing in the mush and need to modernize to accommodate our population.

Whether you do or don't believe the politicians, our roads, bridges, railroads and other infrastructure are in dire need of repair. Europe has 200mph trains to get you to your destinations quickly and have had them since the 1980s. We are still languishing in the mush and need to modernize to accommodate our population.

Whether our infrastructure is in dire need is not really the issue. Politicians will ask for money and many times get money but never fix or repair anything.

Whether our infrastructure is in dire need is not really the issue. Politicians will ask for money and many times get money but never fix or repair anything.
Yes, it is the issue so let's give Biden a chance.

Democrats have already had "chances", the "high speed" train in California is a prime example, roads in California are another example.

High Costs & Construction Delays Plague Cali. High Speed Rail

With the debt the left is forcing on us something has to give. We are either going to HAVE TO raise taxes or cut spending. The answer seems obvious to me but few seem courageous enough to try.

1. Cut foreign aid by 80% or more.
2. Stop funding shrimp on a treadmill type shit.
3. Increase oil production and export it.
4. Put salary caps on politicians.
5. Ban fundraising/money in politics. Require PBS to host and air ALL political debates since we fund them (cut out corporate media money pits)
6. Make ALL government contracts publicly bid. No more giving contracts to your buddies who charge you 80 bucks for a toilet seat.
7. Create a section on irs forms for contributions to go DIRECTLY to our national debt and make that program publicly accessible by anyone via the internet (full transparency)
8. Lock down our southern border and institute strick guidelines for work visas.
9. Cut the budget of ALL federal agencies by at least 5%.
10. Add a balanced budget amendment to the constitution.
11. Require ALL spending bills to be accessible for 7 days & to be publicly read on the floor BEFORE any vote is taken.
12. AFTER all that raise taxes incrementally as needed.

These are just thoughts off the top of my head. Point being that anyone, including our elected officials, can solve this problem if they actually wanted to.
"The left" is forcing on you?

We're you asleep for the last four years?

Trains work in Europe because the countries are small. The US is simply too large to have any type of countrywide passenger rail. And besides Americans have a love affair with cars.

Or the cost overruns triple the estimated costs.

Or in the case of the Big Dig 700% over budget

Or the cost overruns triple the estimated costs.

Or in the case of the Big Dig 700% over budget
Or this, that, and the other thing.

Trains work in Europe because the countries are small. The US is simply too large to have any type of countrywide passenger rail. And besides Americans have a love affair with cars.
So does Europe, and their trains do not necessarily span the country. Been there.
No doubt, we would use those trains. We have no clue how great those trains are,
all modernized and clean and traveling through beautiful countryside as we have here.

I know, but just using that as an example. Our country is much bigger than California and problems with one don't translate into problems for all.

Democrats have already had "chances", the "high speed" train in California is a prime example, roads in California are another example.
Correct, and they all need afixin'.

I know, but just using that as an example. Our country is much bigger than California and problems with one don't translate into problems for all.

Sure, these fricken clowns can't do a massive project so let's quintuple (at least) the project size and keep our fingers crossed. Sounds like a great plan.

Correct, and they all need afixin'.

The roads do need fixing, they are getting the money, and nothing is getting "afixin".

With the debt the left is forcing on us something has to give. We are either going to HAVE TO raise taxes or cut spending. The answer seems obvious to me but few seem courageous enough to try.

1. Cut foreign aid by 80% or more.
2. Stop funding shrimp on a treadmill type shit.
3. Increase oil production and export it.
4. Put salary caps on politicians.
5. Ban fundraising/money in politics. Require PBS to host and air ALL political debates since we fund them (cut out corporate media money pits)
6. Make ALL government contracts publicly bid. No more giving contracts to your buddies who charge you 80 bucks for a toilet seat.
7. Create a section on irs forms for contributions to go DIRECTLY to our national debt and make that program publicly accessible by anyone via the internet (full transparency)
8. Lock down our southern border and institute strick guidelines for work visas.
9. Cut the budget of ALL federal agencies by at least 5%.
10. Add a balanced budget amendment to the constitution.
11. Require ALL spending bills to be accessible for 7 days & to be publicly read on the floor BEFORE any vote is taken.
12. AFTER all that raise taxes incrementally as needed.

These are just thoughts off the top of my head. Point being that anyone, including our elected officials, can solve this problem if they actually wanted to.
What's different now from when Trump cut taxes and did not cut spending?
Cutting spending is a tough thing. Trump was not a conservative as Progs pushed on all. We had opportunities to cut spending for decades. Progs promised to do that but lied at times and use the years they were not in charge to get their ways in new spending bills.

Wartime tax rates or cut spending on your right wing, fake and alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror! Be brave right wingers. Y'all are "brave" enough to go maskless during a pandemic, be brave enough to cut spending on your fake wars since y'all are not fiscally responsible enough to pay for that Discretionary spending. The 1918 pandemic killed more people than the real WWI.

Welcome to capitalism...
No, welcome to Crony Capitalism subscribed to by BOTH sides of the criminal aisle-
Capitalism is cronyism because it is a special club that you will never be a member of.
ANYONE can open their own business MOON---thusly becoming a capitalist and why capitalism has always been the most successful form of government at getting poor people to be rich...of course it helps if they have some intelligence and a work ethic.

Wartime tax rates or cut spending on your right wing, fake and alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror! Be brave right wingers. Y'all are "brave" enough to go maskless during a pandemic, be brave enough to cut spending on your fake wars since y'all are not fiscally responsible enough to pay for that Discretionary spending. The 1918 pandemic killed more people than the real WWI.
Cutting spending on teenagers who become pregnant would be painful at first because of Prog agendas, but would make us stronger as a nation in the long run. A half century of this massive amount of single mothers is proof enough. Ironically, many of the sports players taken a knee are from this.

Forum List

Back