Higher taxes or cut frivolous spending

Wartime tax rates or cut spending on your right wing, fake and alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror! Be brave right wingers. Y'all are "brave" enough to go maskless during a pandemic, be brave enough to cut spending on your fake wars since y'all are not fiscally responsible enough to pay for that Discretionary spending. The 1918 pandemic killed more people than the real WWI.
Cutting spending on teenagers who become pregnant would be painful at first because of Prog agendas, but would make us stronger as a nation in the long run. A half century of this massive amount of single mothers is proof enough. Ironically, many of the sports players taken a knee are from this.
Not at all. It would be worse than having to house British soldiers without our consent. Equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States is economically more equitable and efficient.

I know all about it. It was for defense first and public travel second.

and as I said every part of every highway in in a state and that state that the road is in should be responsible for its upkeep.

Except all those big sqaure states in the middle of the country wouldn't be able to afford to keep up their roads.

Well if you believe the politicians all our roads are falling apart.
Whether you do or don't believe the politicians, our roads, bridges, railroads and other infrastructure are in dire need of repair. Europe has 200mph trains to get you to your destinations quickly and have had them since the 1980s. We are still languishing in the mush and need to modernize to accommodate our population.

Whether our infrastructure is in dire need is not really the issue. Politicians will ask for money and many times get money but never fix or repair anything.
Yes, it is the issue so let's give Biden a chance.

Democrats have already had "chances", the "high speed" train in California is a prime example, roads in California are another example.
Correct, and they all need afixin'.

The roads do need fixing, they are getting the money, and nothing is getting "afixin".
They already got the money? How is that when no infrastructure bill has been proposed? I know, I know--you are projecting, yes? Wow, you are so smart.

With the debt the left is forcing on us something has to give. We are either going to HAVE TO raise taxes or cut spending. The answer seems obvious to me but few seem courageous enough to try.

1. Cut foreign aid by 80% or more.
2. Stop funding shrimp on a treadmill type shit.
3. Increase oil production and export it.
4. Put salary caps on politicians.
5. Ban fundraising/money in politics. Require PBS to host and air ALL political debates since we fund them (cut out corporate media money pits)
6. Make ALL government contracts publicly bid. No more giving contracts to your buddies who charge you 80 bucks for a toilet seat.
7. Create a section on irs forms for contributions to go DIRECTLY to our national debt and make that program publicly accessible by anyone via the internet (full transparency)
8. Lock down our southern border and institute strick guidelines for work visas.
9. Cut the budget of ALL federal agencies by at least 5%.
10. Add a balanced budget amendment to the constitution.
11. Require ALL spending bills to be accessible for 7 days & to be publicly read on the floor BEFORE any vote is taken.
12. AFTER all that raise taxes incrementally as needed.

These are just thoughts off the top of my head. Point being that anyone, including our elected officials, can solve this problem if they actually wanted to.
What's different now from when Trump cut taxes and did not cut spending?
Cutting spending is a tough thing. Trump was not a conservative as Progs pushed on all. We had opportunities to cut spending for decades. Progs promised to do that but lied at times and use the years they were not in charge to get their ways in new spending bills.
I never heard any trump supporters whine and meow about the huge deficit increase brought about by Trump, yes?

We can have a great Federal government for about $1.5 trillion a year. That would pay for defense and the necessary functions at a Federal level.

We don't need a $5 trillion a year Federal budget. We don't need high Federal taxes and we sure as hell don't need welfare, subsidies, entitlements, bailouts, grants and all those worthless government agencies that waste money and give us nothing of value in return.

and as I said every part of every highway in in a state and that state that the road is in should be responsible for its upkeep.

Except all those big sqaure states in the middle of the country wouldn't be able to afford to keep up their roads.

Whether you do or don't believe the politicians, our roads, bridges, railroads and other infrastructure are in dire need of repair. Europe has 200mph trains to get you to your destinations quickly and have had them since the 1980s. We are still languishing in the mush and need to modernize to accommodate our population.

Whether our infrastructure is in dire need is not really the issue. Politicians will ask for money and many times get money but never fix or repair anything.

Democrats have already had "chances", the "high speed" train in California is a prime example, roads in California are another example.

The roads do need fixing, they are getting the money, and nothing is getting "afixin".
They already got the money? How is that when no infrastructure bill has been proposed? I know, I know--you are projecting, yes? Wow, you are so smart.

They are getting the money, dumbass, learn how to read.

California’s gas tax hits 50 cents a gallon after July 1 increase.

Who you callin' "dumbass", you bumfuck. Nobody has gotten 0ne dollar from Biden's infrastructure plan---yet.

Who you callin' "dumbass", you bumfuck. Nobody has gotten 0ne dollar from Biden's infrastructure plan---yet.
Both the state and federal gas taxes are earmarked for road upkeep.

so the federal gas tax is 18.4 cents per gallon and in 2019 the US population used 143 billion gallons of gas.

That means the federal government collected 2.63 billion dollars in gasoline taxes for 2019 alone.

So tell me where the fuck is all that money going?

so the federal gas tax is 18.4 cents per gallon and in 2019 the US population used 143 billion gallons of gas.

That means the federal government collected 2.63 billion dollars in gasoline taxes for 2019 alone.

Since states are in the red, my guess is that it went to other projects that were underfunded. Even Reagan took surplus money from social security to use on other projects.

Since states are in the red, my guess is that it went to other projects that were underfunded. Even Reagan took surplus money from social security to use on other projects.
I gave you the federal; gas tax revenue I did not give any state gas tax revenues.

The federal government collected 2.63 billion in gasoline taxes in 2019 alone.

Where did all that money go that we have to spend more on the upkeep of roads?

My guess?! LOL, even you know who the dumbass is.

With the debt the left is forcing on us something has to give. We are either going to HAVE TO raise taxes or cut spending. The answer seems obvious to me but few seem courageous enough to try.

The answer is not obvious, and that's the problem. As much as I want to cut spending, and more importantly the scope and reach of the federal government, it's simply not going to happen as a direct initiative. As long as voters can push off the costs to future generations, they will continue to vote for more government bloat. Sadly, most voters don't vote on principle, they vote purely on self-interest.

As I see it, the only way we'll ever cut spending is to require that every new spending bill is accompanied by tax increases that directly fund it, 100%. As long as voters can put new expenditures on the "credit card", they won't care how much new legislation costs. They won't even ask.

So, while I agree with your end goal, efforts to simply "cut spending" won't get anywhere - because most voters don't give a shit. Put a price tag on these new bills, and make voters pay for the government they're voting for, and we'll finally have their attention.

New Topics

Forum List

Back