High school crowns first same-sex prom king and queen

The students readily admit that the king didn't deserve to be crowned. They did it to raise awareness.
Awareness has been raised, and then some. We see gay on the movies, we see gay on the TV, we hear gay on the radio, we read gay on the internet, and on Facebook, and Twitter. Gay is everywhere, there is no escaping it. It slips through the nooks and crannies of our lives and demands our attention. It is like a puppy that hasn't been cared about enough by its master, it is constantly looking for love and approval. Gay is in our face, licking our nose, wanting to play fetch. Gay wants a walk in the park, and goes to get us the leash. Gay jumps on the couch while we watch TV, and won't move when we try to push it off. Gay won't ever go away, and gay won't ever stop trying to make us love it.

The students readily admit that the king didn't deserve to be crowned. They did it to raise awareness.
Awareness has been raised, and then some. We see gay on the movies, we see gay on the TV, we hear gay on the radio, we read gay on the internet, and on Facebook, and Twitter. Gay is everywhere, there is no escaping it. It slips through the nooks and crannies of our lives and demands our attention. It is like a puppy that hasn't been cared about enough by its master, it is constantly looking for love and approval. Gay is in our face, licking our nose, wanting to play fetch. Gay wants a walk in the park, and goes to get us the leash. Gay jumps on the couch while we watch TV, and won't move when we try to push it off. Gay won't ever go away, and gay won't ever stop trying to make us love it.
Beat it severely and leave it abandoned by the side of the road.

The big difference is that puppies don't give people the same sense of revulsion as gays do. Sadly, someone deserving did not make the prom court so that awareness could be raised.

Awareness has been raised, and then some. We see straight on the movies, we see straight on the TV, we hear straight on the radio, we read straight on the internet, and on Facebook, and on Twitter. Straight is everywhere, there is no escaping it. Hit slips through the nooks and crannies of our lives and demands our attention. It is like a puppy that hasn't been cared about enough by its master, it is constantly looking for love and approval (and dominance). Straight is in our face, licking our nose, wanting to play fetch. Straight wants a walk in the park, and goes to get us the leash. Straight jumps on the couch while we watch TV, and won't move when we try to push it off. Straight won't ever go away, and straight won't ever stop trying to order us around and pay attention to it only.

Straight is jealous of anything that is not straight.

^^^ To me, for both positions to be given to two people of the same gender is like saying that gender is better compared to the one that is not being represented up there. Having two females be up there instead of one male and one female is like saying "Females rule and males drool".

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. And having two males up there instead of one male and one female would be like saying "Males rule and females drool" too.

Bigoted against boys.

Leon high-schoolers crowned a gay couple prom king and queen last month, a first in the school’s 185-year-old history.

To the two girls — Lindsey Creel and Brie Grimes, seniors who have been dating for three years — winning prom king and queen was not about the titles, but about helping others and raising awareness about LGBTQ issues.

“It feels good to know some of the things we’ve been a part of can help others going through tough experiences, in a positive way,” Brie said. “I needed someone in my life to show me that it would work out — when I was first going through this years ago. But I didn’t have that.”

“I hope that people will look at this and more will begin to think that it’s okay to be supportive of the LBTQ community,” Lindsey added. “Leon often talks about change… This is a good example for younger students there.”
Leon High crowns gay couple prom king and queen

Who gives a crap? Seriously

This is a message loud and clear, no matter how qualified or deserving, no matter how well you do, you will always lose to those politically favored.

Call it aa for gays.

Bigoted against boys.

Leon high-schoolers crowned a gay couple prom king and queen last month, a first in the school’s 185-year-old history.

To the two girls — Lindsey Creel and Brie Grimes, seniors who have been dating for three years — winning prom king and queen was not about the titles, but about helping others and raising awareness about LGBTQ issues.

“It feels good to know some of the things we’ve been a part of can help others going through tough experiences, in a positive way,” Brie said. “I needed someone in my life to show me that it would work out — when I was first going through this years ago. But I didn’t have that.”

“I hope that people will look at this and more will begin to think that it’s okay to be supportive of the LBTQ community,” Lindsey added. “Leon often talks about change… This is a good example for younger students there.”

and?

you wouldn't be prom king anyway, why do you care?

it's wonderful that the kids who voted for them aren't bigoted losers like you.

Even the article mentions they're both girls. The idea here is to have one boy and one girl.
The school cheated a boy out of the honor.

Bigoted against boys.

and?

Even the article mentions they're both girls. The idea here is to have one boy and one girl.

And the by the school you mean the student body that voted for this couple. Also, quit whining. lol

Bigoted against boys.

and?

And the by the school you mean the student body that voted for this couple. Also, quit whining. lol

Yes, I realize this was a vote.

Bigoted against boys.

And frightened rightwing bigots get needlessly upset about it.

We need equality here. Two girls do not fit the bill.

Awareness has been raised, and then some. We see straight on the movies, we see straight on the TV, we hear straight on the radio, we read straight on the internet, and on Facebook, and on Twitter. Straight is everywhere, there is no escaping it. Hit slips through the nooks and crannies of our lives and demands our attention. It is like a puppy that hasn't been cared about enough by its master, it is constantly looking for love and approval (and dominance). Straight is in our face, licking our nose, wanting to play fetch. Straight wants a walk in the park, and goes to get us the leash. Straight jumps on the couch while we watch TV, and won't move when we try to push it off. Straight won't ever go away, and straight won't ever stop trying to order us around and pay attention to it only.

Straight is jealous of anything that is not straight.
Some of us victorian prudes or traditional christians do not flaunt any kind of "straight" (read: sex) in your face. But being moral is so passe.

It is the godless secular humanists who think sex should be a free for all and spread far and wide. It is Hollywood who flaunts "Straight" sex. It is TV and music and the media, et al. That sin will be dealt with just as much or more as the gay world. So do not worry --- God does not play favorites.

Bigoted against boys.

and?

Yes, I realize this was a vote.

So why are you blaming the school? Who cares if some school in Florida voted two queers to lead the Homecoming Court?

Bigoted against boys.

and?

How devastating for some BMOC.

This is what irks me about those who go with their own gender. Its like they are saying that the Lord wasted his time created a second gender after the first one was made. If homosexuality was the Lord's every intention, then we females would not even be here since male was created first.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back