High school crowns first same-sex prom king and queen

Thats harsh. I think it is important in that it shows how much more civilised than us our kids are. In a decade people will read these threads and shake their hads.
Whether you like it or not, male and female relationships will always be preferred. Same sex will always be considered second-rate and inferior.

Thats harsh. I think it is important in that it shows how much more civilised than us our kids are. In a decade people will read these threads and shake their hads.
Whether you like it or not, male and female relationships will always be preferred. Same sex will always be considered second-rate and inferior.

To you, perhaps.

Why should anyone give a shit what you think, though?

The level of butthurt in this thread is almost off the charts. This might be one for the history books.
Your over rating our reaction to a prom vote is what's "off the charts". We're laughing at the stupidity of the fools at that school. What was the vote results? How many cote votes did the dykes win by?

The level of butthurt in this thread is almost off the charts. This might be one for the history books.
Your over rating our reaction to a prom vote is what's "off the charts". We're laughing at the stupidity of the fools at that school. What was the vote results? How many cote votes did the dykes win by?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why the fuck do you care about the "vote results"?

The prom king is supposed to be male. The school had two Prom Queens. Someday, these kids will regret what they have done.

I went to the prom my sophomore, junior and senior years. I do not remember any of the prom kings & queens. I have great memories from my proms, but not of who won the prom king & queen.

These kids will likely forget as well. If they don't, it will be because of the hoopla raised by the neocons about it.

And the rest of the Nation is laughing at you, the OP, and others on the ridiculous social right trying to make an ‘issue’ out of non-issue – laughing at your ignorance, fear, and bigotry.

7 pages of discussion of a single high school's selection of the prom king & queen. LMAO!!

Go somewhere else then, no one is pointing a gun at your head forcing you to read this or post here.

And miss the laughs as the anti-gay crowd comes unglued? Not a chance!!

Oh, and what is really important has not been discussed (that I have seen, anyway). And that is that the next generation is already fine with same sex couples. The hatred from the older crowds will die with them.

I'm fine with same sex couples as well. I don't however agree that they meet the definition of a marriage, but so be it, it's a lost cause.

As for being "unglued", I'm not, I just wanted to point out that this school's "vote" denied equal treatment of boys and girls.

7 pages of discussion of a single high school's selection of the prom king & queen. LMAO!!

Go somewhere else then, no one is pointing a gun at your head forcing you to read this or post here.

And miss the laughs as the anti-gay crowd comes unglued? Not a chance!!

Oh, and what is really important has not been discussed (that I have seen, anyway). And that is that the next generation is already fine with same sex couples. The hatred from the older crowds will die with them.

I'm fine with same sex couples as well. I don't however agree that they meet the definition of a marriage, but so be it, it's a lost cause.

As for being "unglued", I'm not, I just wanted to point out that this school's "vote" denied equal treatment of boys and girls.

No it didn't. Obviously the students voted for who they wanted as prom king & queen. If you could claim that two boys were not eligible, you might have a point. The voting was done by the students. They got what they wanted. It isn't anyone else's business.

Good news! It seems the next generation isn't afraid to be comfortable in their own skin and their peers accept and support them. Great progress for America, bad news for social regressives.

Good news! It seems the next generation isn't afraid to be comfortable in their own skin and their peers accept and support them. Great progress for America, bad news for social regressives.

Each generation stretches the envelope beyond the last. That doesn't mean however, it's always a good thing.

Each generation stretches the envelope beyond the last. That doesn't mean however, it's always a good thing.

It's always a great thing when all people become more equal. It's sort of a founding principle ya know.

Bigoted against boys.

Leon high-schoolers crowned a gay couple prom king and queen last month, a first in the school’s 185-year-old history.

To the two girls — Lindsey Creel and Brie Grimes, seniors who have been dating for three years — winning prom king and queen was not about the titles, but about helping others and raising awareness about LGBTQ issues.

“It feels good to know some of the things we’ve been a part of can help others going through tough experiences, in a positive way,” Brie said. “I needed someone in my life to show me that it would work out — when I was first going through this years ago. But I didn’t have that.”

“I hope that people will look at this and more will begin to think that it’s okay to be supportive of the LBTQ community,” Lindsey added. “Leon often talks about change… This is a good example for younger students there.”
Leon High crowns gay couple prom king and queen
That is so politically-correct.
I was trying to figure out which one them had the most makeup on.

It's always a great thing when all people become more equal. It's sort of a founding principle ya know.

But see, there wasn't equality here. Two girls were chosen, and the boys were left out.

Last edited:

Buts see, there wasn't equality here. Two girls were chosen, and the boys were left out.

Chosen by a vote. No one was left out. The fact that they were even considered shows that the kids believed they deserved equal consideration. I know you and others find it difficult to wrap your head around it but you'll get over it. Just as those who felt equal rights for blacks was the end of our society got over it.

Forum List

Back