High school crowns first same-sex prom king and queen

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Bigoted against boys.

Leon high-schoolers crowned a gay couple prom king and queen last month, a first in the school’s 185-year-old history.

To the two girls — Lindsey Creel and Brie Grimes, seniors who have been dating for three years — winning prom king and queen was not about the titles, but about helping others and raising awareness about LGBTQ issues.

“It feels good to know some of the things we’ve been a part of can help others going through tough experiences, in a positive way,” Brie said. “I needed someone in my life to show me that it would work out — when I was first going through this years ago. But I didn’t have that.”

“I hope that people will look at this and more will begin to think that it’s okay to be supportive of the LBTQ community,” Lindsey added. “Leon often talks about change… This is a good example for younger students there.”
Leon High crowns gay couple prom king and queen

Bigoted against boys.

Leon high-schoolers crowned a gay couple prom king and queen last month, a first in the school’s 185-year-old history.

To the two girls — Lindsey Creel and Brie Grimes, seniors who have been dating for three years — winning prom king and queen was not about the titles, but about helping others and raising awareness about LGBTQ issues.

“It feels good to know some of the things we’ve been a part of can help others going through tough experiences, in a positive way,” Brie said. “I needed someone in my life to show me that it would work out — when I was first going through this years ago. But I didn’t have that.”

“I hope that people will look at this and more will begin to think that it’s okay to be supportive of the LBTQ community,” Lindsey added. “Leon often talks about change… This is a good example for younger students there.”
Leon High crowns gay couple prom king and queen

and?

you wouldn't be prom king anyway, why do you care?

it's wonderful that the kids who voted for them aren't bigoted losers like you.

Do you ever stop to think that they do stuff like this just to fuck with you people?

The kids chose. Why does this matter? With all that is screwed up in this country and this world, why does one high school voting for prom king & queen seem important?

The kids chose. Why does this matter? With all that is screwed up in this country and this world, why does one high school voting for prom king & queen seem important?

First the queers take over our proms... then the world.

why do we need to know about this? anyone? is this something that is going to improve our lives. for crying out loud it's time to HOME SCHOOL

Oh this is gonna be mandatory soon for high schools. They need that token moment. In all the cities you'll have college kids who know "that one racist high school....they've never even had a same sex king & queen or a transgender student body president".

why do we need to know about this? anyone? is this something that is going to improve our lives. for crying out loud it's time to HOME SCHOOL

So hair on fire whiners such as yourself can complain over the selection of some high school's homecoming court.

What these kids need is moral and spiritual guidance and they're not getting it.

Obviously, you were a product of no schooling, not even home schooling, unless of course you count... Oh, nevermind.

Forum List

Back