Here’s the reason people tell me they want to buy an AR-15. And it’s simply ludicrous

A mini 14 is an equivalent replacement and those aren't banned.
I don’t doubt you think that way. But because you haven’t read the assault weapon ban in each state, you have no idea what features would make it banned.

I don’t doubt you think that way. But because you haven’t read the assault weapon ban in each state, you have no idea what features would make it banned.
There is nothing that would ban a stock mini 14.

I know people who live in CT an I know that at least 3 of them own a mini 14 so it's not banned.

Conservatives will ridicule provisions of a state’s AWB where features such as a collapsible stock, pistol grip, or bayonet lug are cosmetic only and have nothing to do with the lethality of the weapon.

They’ll also trot out the canard that a semi-auto AR 15 isn’t an assault weapon as defined by the military, as not being select fire.

This is the usual ignorant, dishonest rhetoric from the right.

If a law-making body determines that a firearm with a collapsible stock, pistol grip, and a bayonet lug is an assault weapon, then it’s an assault weapon as a fact of law, subject to the regulations and restrictions applied to an assault weapon.

Conservatives will ridicule provisions of a state’s AWB where features such as a collapsible stock, pistol grip, or bayonet lug are cosmetic only and have nothing to do with the lethality of the weapon.

They’ll also trot out the canard that a semi-auto AR 15 isn’t an assault weapon as defined by the military, as not being select fire.

If a law-making body determines that a firearm with a collapsible stock, pistol grip, and a bayonet lug is an assault weapon, then it’s an assault weapon as a fact of law, subject to the regulations and restrictions applied to an assault weapon.
Exactly. The gun a holic clan usually has no idea that the assault weapon definition is part of every legislation that regulates them. They can vary slightly from state to state.

Exactly. The gun a holic clan usually has no idea that the assault weapon definition is part of every legislation that regulates them. They can vary slightly from state to state.
And every one of them are cosmetic reasons.

Here is what CT considers to be an "assault" rifle

The definition of an assault weapon includes any semiautomatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine (one that can be removed without disassembling the firearm action) and has at least one of the following features:

1. a folding or telescoping stock;

2. a grip, such as a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, or other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;

3. a forward pistol grip;

4. a flash suppressor; or

5. a grenade launcher or flare launcher.

Not a single thing on that list has any bearing on the performance of the rifle or its lethality

That’s your opinion, not that of the military and every gov agency and law making body says about these features. You guys like to pretend you know what the constitution provides for, but you’re nearly always wrong.

Here is what CT considers to be an "assault" rifle

The definition of an assault weapon includes any semiautomatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine (one that can be removed without disassembling the firearm action) and has at least one of the following features:

1. a folding or telescoping stock;

2. a grip, such as a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, or other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;

3. a forward pistol grip;

4. a flash suppressor; or

5. a grenade launcher or flare launcher.

Not a single thing on that list has any bearing on the performance of the rifle or its lethality
Of. course you’ve read the the laws in the states that regulate assault weapons ? Sounds like you haven’t.

We're waiting on you commie scum. C'mon down!

There is nothing that would ban a stock mini 14.

I know people who live in CT an I know that at least 3 of them own a mini 14 so it's not banned.
And may not be until someone uses it to kill school children. You think this is a fking game ? Not to the loved ones of those murdered.

Yes use stupidity as your example.

It is utterly STUPID to think that banning a rifle for cosmetic reasons will do anything to stop people from using guns to murder people.
Take your case to someone who cares about your opinions.

Forum List

Back