Here is the Ray Epps Footage and J6 Testimony You WON"T See on 60 Minutes Tomorrow, as They Try to Paint Him as the Victim

Ray Epps has said he doesn't work for the FBI....and they completely ignored him, saying he was lying.

But they trust the FBI more? Of course not.

Your assumption that if only the FBI had done the same, that wingers wouldn't have invented this conspiracy is debunked by their dismissal as lies anything that contradicts their story. Any statement, from any source.

Evidence won't convince those who ignore evidence. Or those who imagine conspiracies based on nothing.

If Ray Epps told you he was an alien from Mars, would you believe him? What do we have that makes us trust a man who was literally in one of these far right groups?

No, I'm not saying they wouldn't have invented this conspiracy theory had the FBI handled this better. I'm saying that the FBI is at fault for this becoming a conspiracy theory, two different things.

The evidence, as far as I can tell, is kind of dodgy. It suggests the FBI isn't doing things properly. Perhaps someone in the FBI is doing this deliberately to stoke the fire. Who knows.

The reality is that people know that the narrative given is not always the truth.

We live in an age of narratives.

Let's try this narrative: man made global warming.
I've chosen this one because the left is so wrong on this, and yet they cling to it. I'm left wing, and it's embarrassing. I even had a Geography teacher tell me I'm wrong, literally teaching high school kids a load of crap simply because this is what he's been told.

I posted evidence for a spike in temperatures every 100,000 years or so and the Milankovich Cycles, he didn't even bother with those because he KNOWS.

Now, if you were right wing and you saw such blatantly false narratives being pushed, the more of them that are pushed, the easier it is to go against anything that comes in the future. You can claim that they're hiding things, that things aren't as they seem.

Especially, and this is important, when you're born into a religious society where believing the unbelievable is a given. Believing that a man died and then was reborn, that he could feed loads of people from a few fish, that he could walk on water. You get that sort of mentality and everything goes.

The US is heading towards that kind of future where there's no trust in the government. I don't trust the US government. We literally know they lied about WMDs in Iraq, we know how they lied, the US govt has literally published a report on it.

Without that trust, the US is FUCKED, and I think what we're seeing right now is only the beginning of that. Trump is using this situation for his own personal gain and doesn't give a damn about the US as a country, pretty obvious, but those that come after might be more ruthless.

Only one way to stop it. Proportional Representation.

For conservatives, you ONLY need the narrative. You don't need anything else. No evidence, no video, no nothing. Just the story. Their bizarre sex fantasies about Paul Pelosi were pure inventions. Literally made up from nothing.

And yet despite overwhelming evidence contradicting them, our resident conservatives cling to the narrative and ignore the evidence.

So their process is doubly flawed.

1) They make up a story from nothing, backed with no evidence. That's irrational (and why you're wrong).

2) They cling to the story despite explicit contradiction by evidence. That's irrational again (though not why you're wrong).

"Go into the capitol!" ....Not incitement.

Encouraging people to peacefully protest isn’t a crime, dumbass. Post the statute.

Whisper into the ear of someone the moment before he violently assaults Capitol Police...Not incitement.

The guy was already pushing against the barrier. Looks like Epps was trying to calm him down.
Show up on numerous videos waving people into the Capitol....Not incitement.
Post the statute then.

If Ray Epps told you he was an alien from Mars, would you believe him? What do we have that makes us trust a man who was literally in one of these far right groups?

No, I'm not saying they wouldn't have invented this conspiracy theory had the FBI handled this better. I'm saying that the FBI is at fault for this becoming a conspiracy theory, two different things.

The evidence, as far as I can tell, is kind of dodgy. It suggests the FBI isn't doing things properly. Perhaps someone in the FBI is doing this deliberately to stoke the fire. Who knows.
Or maybe.....just maybe.....

THEY'VE BEEN LYING TO YOU THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME!

For conservatives, you ONLY need the narrative. You don't need anything else. No evidence, no video, no nothing. Just the story. Their bizarre sex fantasies about Paul Pelosi were pure inventions. Literally made up from nothing.

And yet despite overwhelming evidence contradicting them, our resident conservatives cling to the narrative and ignore the evidence.

1) They make up a story from nothing, backed with no evidence. That's irrational (and why you're wrong).

2) They cling to the story despite explicit contradiction by evidence. That's irrational again (though not why you're wrong).

Well, I don't think this is about conservative or liberal. It's about the type of person who wants to believe, or reject, a narrative simply because it doesn't fit their way of seeing things.

Lots of people ignore the evidence. I think 95% of this forum couldn't give a fuck about evidence. And this is people from both sides.

If Ray Epps told you he was an alien from Mars, would you believe him?

Probably not because its a fantastical claim that is easily disproven. But he didn't say he was an alien from Mars.

Nor is he offering a fantastical claim when he says that he didn't work for the FBI. As a proportion of the population, almost nobody works for the FBI. That's not fantastical, that's normal.

The fantastical claim is that Ray Epps incited the attack on the capitol (no evidence) and that Ray Epps worked for the FBI (also no evidence).

But you make my point for me again....by literally ignoring Ray Epps on whether or not he worked for FBI, you debunk your premise that FBI saying the same thing would have somehow stopped the conspiracy. They'll simply ignore the FBI too, folding them into the proverbial 'They' that conservatives blame for their own poor decisions.

These hapless conspiracy theorists ignore ANYTHING from ANY source that contradicts them. Trump's own DOJ told them that the Big Lie was nonsense. Trump's own Attorney General. Trump's own cyber security team. Republican governors. Republican secretaries of State. Republican lead county election boards.

And conservatives ignored them all, dismissing them all as liars.

You're literally demonstrating my point for me by ignoring Ray Epps too.

Or maybe.....just maybe.....

THEY'VE BEEN LYING TO YOU THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME!

frigidweirdo

Point. Set. Match.

You can't use evidence to convince people who don't use evidence. They were *always* going to make up their conspiracy. They were *always* going to ignore anything that contradicted them, from any source.

Especially the FBI. As Oddball demonstrates elegantly.

Probably not because its a fantastical claim that is easily disproven. But he didn't say he was an alien from Mars.

Nor is he offering a fantastical claim when he says that he didn't work for the FBI. As a proportion of the poepulation, almost nobody works for the FBI. That's not fantastical, that's normal.

The fantastical claim is that Ray Epps incited the attack on the capitol (no evidence) and that Ray Epps worked for the FBI (also no evidence).

But you make my point for me again....by literally ignoring Ray Epps on whether or not he worked for FBI, you debunk your premise that FBI saying the same thing would have somehow stopped the conspiracy. They'll simply ignore it too.

These hapless conspiracy theorists ignore ANYTHING from ANY source that contradicts them. Trump's own DOJ told them that the Big Lie was nonsense. Trump's own Attorney General. Trump's own cyber security team. Republican governors. Republican secretaries of State. Republican lead county election boards.

And conservatives ignored them all, dismissing them all as liars.

You're literally demonstrating my point for me by ignoring Ray Epps too.

Well, the problem is you can easily believe a person isn't an alien from Mars. The problem with FBI informants is that it's all very secretive. People literally don't advertise this.

But no, I'm not making your claim for you, because I'm not claiming he did or he did not work for the FBI.

I'm discussing the way the FBI has handled it, rather than whether or not this, that or the other is true.

Projection.jpg

frigidweirdo

Point. Set. Match.

You can't use evidence to convince people who don't use evidence. They were *always* going to make up their conspiracy. They were *always* going to ignore anything that contradicted them, from any source.

Well, Oddball is on my ignore list, so I wouldn't know.

frigidweirdo

Point. Set. Match.

Because da gubmint would NEVER EVER lie to you.

Fucking useful idiot.

Well, the problem is you can easily believe a person isn't an alien from Mars. The problem with FBI informants is that it's all very secretive. People literally don't advertise this.

The problem for most of the conspiracy theorists, is that I need evidence before I believe these stories that conservatives have invented. And if the accusation is extraordinary, I'll demand extraordinary evidence to back it.

There is literally NO evidence that Ray Epps works for the FBI. There is no plausible crime that Ray Epps could be charged with based on the evidence available.

To say nothing of 'extraordinary' evidence. For conservatives, they just need the story.
But no, I'm not making your claim for you, because I'm not claiming he did or he did not work for the FBI.

I'm discussing the way the FBI has handled it, rather than whether or not this, that or the other is true.

You're assessment is predicated on conservatives believing the FBI or Ray Epps.

They'll ignore anyone or anything that contradicts their story.

Including the FBI.

Last edited:
Because da gubmint would NEVER EVER lie to you.

Fucking useful idiot.

Laughing....thank you, Oddball. For proving the point I'm making with frigidweirdo

They were never going to believe the FBI, Frigid. They were also going to cling to their silly conspiracy, backed by nothing. They were always going to ignore overwhelming evidence that contradicts them.

Exactly as they have. They still have no evidence that the Ray Epps worked for the FBI. They still have no plausible crime that charge Ray Epps could be charged with.

And yet, they still believe.

They only need a story to recite. It doesn't even have to make sense.

All I've got to do is ask them to get specific on what crimes Ray Epps should be charged with.

And their entire conspiracy falls to shit.

Any rational person would have asked that question first. None of them ever did.

No they're not. Show one single person arrested for inciting others to storm the Capitol? The people arrested were charged with either being inside the Capitol, assaulting police, obstructing an official proceeding, etc.

Notice they get vague AF on those folks that got charged for doing the same thing that Ray Epps did

"Go into the capitol!" ....Not incitement.

Whisper into the ear of someone the moment before he violently assaults Capitol Police...Not incitement.

Show up on numerous videos waving people into the Capitol....Not incitement.

Answer

the

fucking

question....

....Why is it that the only red hat wearing "insurrectionist" that you moonbats will defend to the death is named Ray Epps?

What did he whisper?

Forum List

Back