Hello

Well I prefer sunshine myself, so coming back to Seattle too cold for one thing. My Grandparents are in Colorado Springs and my Dad lives in San Diego and also there is family in Idaho and Florida.

I would not think of Seattle as "cold" ... I grew up in Daly City there just north of Stanford ... and I would never say Seattle was cold ... the benefit of living in Seattle is it never gets cold, and it never gets hot ... a very very mild climate there ...

I wintered in Iowa one year ... when the temperatures got above -25ºF the wind would kick up, deadly to be outside ... -30ºF or -35ºF was great, calm wind, sunny, a joy to be outside bucking firewood or moving snow ... you know ... "cold" ...

Seattle is wet ... everything everywhere is soaking wet all the time ... grows tall trees ...

Well I prefer sunshine myself, so coming back to Seattle too cold for one thing. My Grandparents are in Colorado Springs and my Dad lives in San Diego and also there is family in Idaho and Florida.

I would not think of Seattle as "cold" ... I grew up in Daly City there just north of Stanford ... and I would never say Seattle was cold ... the benefit of living in Seattle is it never gets cold, and it never gets hot ... a very very mild climate there ...

I wintered in Iowa one year ... when the temperatures got above -25ºF the wind would kick up, deadly to be outside ... -30ºF or -35ºF was great, calm wind, sunny, a joy to be outside bucking firewood or moving snow ... you know ... "cold" ...

Seattle is wet ... everything everywhere is soaking wet all the time ... grows tall trees ...

Maybe I just feel the cold more than others.

My name is Charlotte and I'm from Seattle, a rare Republican, well there are more of us but we are surrounded by Democrats. I voted for Donald Trump in 2016 and I am voting for him again. I'm 24 and I think those of my age our future depends on this election.

Welcome aboard.

Enjoy. This board is mostly cons, but we do have our left wing whack-jobs.

This election is important, but I would encourage you to have more faith in American. You have a long wonderful life in front of you. Don't let the morons in D.C. scare you into thinking any different.

Well I don't think we are going to win Washington State, but I have my fingers crossed we can win the States we did in 2016. I've stopped watching the news and stopped looking at polls because it seems it's all negative, too negative actually which makes me think they just want to dishearten Republican voters.

Regardless of what happens, we (America) will survive and the GOP will be fighting again in 2022.

Don't let them darken your life with their garbage (the professional politicians).

No I'm not, but I have recently completed a Political Science Degree from Stanford.

Wait ... what?!? ... you were living in Palo Alto, and then moved to Seattle? ... I hate sunshine myself but I'm an idiot ... I like grey skies 427 days a year ...

San Diego..!!!!!

What are you doing in Washington ?

San Diego rocks !!!!!

No I'm not, but I have recently completed a Political Science Degree from Stanford.

Wait ... what?!? ... you were living in Palo Alto, and then moved to Seattle? ... I hate sunshine myself but I'm an idiot ... I like grey skies 427 days a year ...

San Diego..!!!!!

What are you doing in Washington ?

San Diego rocks !!!!!

I'm having to deal with a few things in Seattle, my intention is to move down to San Diego to be near my Dad and I think my brother and sister will follow, our mother is no longer with us she was killed when I was 11, we have a Step Mother and we get along with her very well and I think San Diego is good and so after I've sorted things out in Seattle then I hope to move down there.

My name is Charlotte and I'm from Seattle, a rare Republican, well there are more of us but we are surrounded by Democrats. I voted for Donald Trump in 2016 and I am voting for him again. I'm 24 and I think those of my age our future depends on this election.
Welcome! I'm curious, being that you are so young do you have to hide your support of Donald Trump from your friends?

Greetings and salutations. We hope you enjoy your stay here. The ice machines are on the second and third floors.

Meanwhile, enjoy the nostalgia of what Seattle used to be like...

"Seattle" by Perry Como

Welcome! I'm curious, being that you are so young do you have to hide your support of Donald Trump from your friends?

Well there are also friends who support Trump, everyone else is either Democrat or more often it seems they watch too much CNN and have bought into all that stuff, a few didn't like Trump's performance at the debate. At first the one's who don't like Trump got very annoyed about my support of him and I was asked why, like supporting Trump was some weird thing. Now it's at the point where if we meet anywhere we agree not to get into politics.

On the other side I have friends who voted for Hillary but after what's been going on in Seattle and Portland they have decided to vote for Trump, things here got very very crazy, well they still are crazy but it was pretty out of control when we suddenly got an Autonomous Zone and the police were getting attacked with home-made missiles and things and then I had friends telling me they voted for Hillary but now they will vote for Trump because the Democrats are not the party of their parents anymore.

Well there are also friends who support Trump, everyone else is either Democrat or more often it seems they watch too much CNN and have bought into all that stuff, a few didn't like Trump's performance at the debate. At first the one's who don't like Trump got very annoyed about my support of him and I was asked why, like supporting Trump was some weird thing. Now it's at the point where if we meet anywhere we agree not to get into politics.

On the other side I have friends who voted for Hillary but after what's been going on in Seattle and Portland they have decided to vote for Trump, things here got very very crazy, well they still are crazy but it was pretty out of control when we suddenly got an Autonomous Zone and the police were getting attacked with home-made missiles and things and then I had friends telling me they voted for Hillary but now they will vote for Trump because the Democrats are not the party of their parents anymore.
Very interesting, thanks! Have fun here it's a good board.

Very interesting, thanks! Have fun here it's a good board.

I have posted in quite a few threads now, all very lively debates.

I hope there are more out there like you :)

I hope there are more out there like you :)

There are, I just wish there was even more, the Democrats have really messed up this city and yet they'll get voted for again, it's I don't know Stockholm Syndrome or something. I know the past six months I have met more and more people in my age range who are going Republican, as soon as they know that you are Republican they feel comfortable saying they are.

You have to be careful because if any on the Left who you might not know get to hear someone is a Trump Supporter it can get very bad. My brother was attacked, thankfully it was just a few bruises as he can defend himself, but if he had not have been able to defend himself it could have been worse.

Forum List

Back