Health Experts Suggest Canceling Traditional Thanksgiving Plans

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

Doctors are warning that it might be time to cancel traditional Thanksgiving plans.‭ ‬With the pandemic currently hitting its‭ “‬worst explosion‭”‬,‭ ‬and as hospitalizations approach‭ ‬70,000‭ ‬for the first time this year,‭ ‬most Americans are rethinking their holiday plans.

COVID-19‭ ‬cases are rising in‭ ‬48‭ ‬states,‭ ‬and should have people considering alternatives to traditional Thanksgiving celebrations,‭ ‬according to University of Alabama at Birmingham Associate Dean for Global Health Dr.‭ ‬Michael Saag.

‭“‬I would stay at home.‭ ‬I would think about canceling,‭ ‬honestly,‭ ‬Thanksgiving get togethers,‭” ‬explained Dr.‭ ‬Saag.‭ “‬I know I sound like the Thanksgiving equivalent of Ebeneezer Scrooge,‭ ‬but we are in the middle of a pandemic that is exponentially growing.‭”

Medical experts predicted winter months would accelerate the growth of new cases as more people shift to spending time indoors,‭ ‬and travel increases opportunities to spread the virus.‭ ‬With Thanksgiving,‭ ‬however,‭ ‬there is a new fear which includes inter generational celebrations which are likely to bring younger family members into contact with more susceptible populations including grandparents.

Dr.‭ ‬Brian Garibaldi,‭ ‬director of Johns Hopkins Biocontainment Unit,‭ ‬agreed with Dr.‭ ‬Saag’s warning.‭ “‬We need to be careful in how we plan our celebrations,‭” ‬he said.‭ “‬There’s this false sense of comfort that you get from hanging out with friends or family members that you know well‭ — ‬that somehow they are going to be safer than just the average person on the street in terms of a risk to give you the virus.‭”

Americans unwilling to change travel plans might turn to testing before their trip back home.‭ ‬But Dr.‭ ‬Saag also warned against a possible false sense of security that could come from preliminary negative test results.‭

This can be especially true with a rapid antigen test.‭ ‬If somebody doesn’t have symptoms,‭ ‬that test can be falsely negative‭ ‬30%‭ ‬to‭ ‬40%‭ ‬of the time,‭ ‬depending on details.‭ ‬A negative test,‭ ‬even if it’s truly negative,‭ ‬doesn’t mean that that person wasn’t exposed a day before the test and then three days later ends up with COVID.‭ ‬This test is only a reliable indicator if the test results are positive.‭

The after-Thanksgiving COVID numbers will show how America followed or ignored the health experts‭’ ‬recommendations.‭ ‬If certain segments of the US.‭ ‬remain resolute in denying COVID-19‭ ‬is real.‭ ‬or denying that it is deadly,‭ ‬or cling to their stubborn belief it’s a hoax,‭ ‬their Thanksgiving trip to celebrate with the grandparents will just be the beginning.‭ ‬Around Christmas,‭ ‬visiting the grandparents will likely involve an open casket.‭ ‬Happy Holidays‭!

‭ ‬It's Time to Rethink Thanksgiving. Here's How to Have That Conversation With Your Family

.‭

The Health Experts can kiss my ass....fuck them...they ruin our lives steal our freedoms and then go out to dinner with the California governor and 10 other people....no one had a mask on....is their thanksgiving plans off the table or are they as special as they seem to think they are?.....

Doctors are warning that it might be time to cancel traditional Thanksgiving plans.‭ ‬With the pandemic currently hitting its‭ “‬worst explosion‭”‬,‭ ‬and as hospitalizations approach‭ ‬70,000‭ ‬for the first time this year,‭ ‬most Americans are rethinking their holiday plans.

COVID-19‭ ‬cases are rising in‭ ‬48‭ ‬states,‭ ‬and should have people considering alternatives to traditional Thanksgiving celebrations,‭ ‬according to University of Alabama at Birmingham Associate Dean for Global Health Dr.‭ ‬Michael Saag.

‭“‬I would stay at home.‭ ‬I would think about canceling,‭ ‬honestly,‭ ‬Thanksgiving get togethers,‭” ‬explained Dr.‭ ‬Saag.‭ “‬I know I sound like the Thanksgiving equivalent of Ebeneezer Scrooge,‭ ‬but we are in the middle of a pandemic that is exponentially growing.‭”

Medical experts predicted winter months would accelerate the growth of new cases as more people shift to spending time indoors,‭ ‬and travel increases opportunities to spread the virus.‭ ‬With Thanksgiving,‭ ‬however,‭ ‬there is a new fear which includes inter generational celebrations which are likely to bring younger family members into contact with more susceptible populations including grandparents.

Dr.‭ ‬Brian Garibaldi,‭ ‬director of Johns Hopkins Biocontainment Unit,‭ ‬agreed with Dr.‭ ‬Saag’s warning.‭ “‬We need to be careful in how we plan our celebrations,‭” ‬he said.‭ “‬There’s this false sense of comfort that you get from hanging out with friends or family members that you know well‭ — ‬that somehow they are going to be safer than just the average person on the street in terms of a risk to give you the virus.‭”

Americans unwilling to change travel plans might turn to testing before their trip back home.‭ ‬But Dr.‭ ‬Saag also warned against a possible false sense of security that could come from preliminary negative test results.‭

This can be especially true with a rapid antigen test.‭ ‬If somebody doesn’t have symptoms,‭ ‬that test can be falsely negative‭ ‬30%‭ ‬to‭ ‬40%‭ ‬of the time,‭ ‬depending on details.‭ ‬A negative test,‭ ‬even if it’s truly negative,‭ ‬doesn’t mean that that person wasn’t exposed a day before the test and then three days later ends up with COVID.‭ ‬This test is only a reliable indicator if the test results are positive.‭

The after-Thanksgiving COVID numbers will show how America followed or ignored the health experts‭’ ‬recommendations.‭ ‬If certain segments of the US.‭ ‬remain resolute in denying COVID-19‭ ‬is real.‭ ‬or denying that it is deadly,‭ ‬or cling to their stubborn belief it’s a hoax,‭ ‬their Thanksgiving trip to celebrate with the grandparents will just be the beginning.‭ ‬Around Christmas,‭ ‬visiting the grandparents will likely involve an open casket.‭ ‬Happy Holidays‭!

‭ ‬It's Time to Rethink Thanksgiving. Here's How to Have That Conversation With Your Family

.‭
Yup, you should stay home. I’m sure your family would be much happier.

It behooves the good and decent people to write off their trumpian relatives, at least until Trumpian Plague has subsided.

People who are old or compromised for some reason should be distancing themselves from others.
The rest of us.. not so much.

Don’t worry everybody. The vaccines that have been developed in record speed, assisted by trumps operation warp speed, will be available shortly.

.‭
Health experts? Are they wearing brown shirts with armbands?

The Health Experts can kiss my ass....fuck them...they ruin our lives steal our freedoms and then go out to dinner with the California governor and 10 other people....no one had a mask on....is their thanksgiving plans off the table or are they as special as they seem to think they are?.....

Do these ivory-tower eggheads actually think anyone's been avoiding their relatives this entire year? Does the real world ever actually catch their attention at all?

It behooves the good and decent people to write off their trumpian relatives, at least until Trumpian Plague has subsided.

Chuckles, you're kidding yourself if you think the "writing off" choice is up to the scumbag leftists to make. Maybe you should just be grateful if any human being is actually willing to tolerate your presence, rather than flattering yourself that you're doing them any favors.

But by all means, if you want to "teach us a lesson" by avoiding us, not a single person alive is going to try to stop you. Believe me.

Chuckles, you're kidding yourself if you think the "writing off" choice is up to the scumbag leftists to make. Maybe you should just be grateful if any human being is actually willing to tolerate your presence, rather than flattering yourself that you're doing them any favors.

But by all means, if you want to "teach us a lesson" by avoiding us, not a single person alive is going to try to stop you. Believe me.

Seriously. I wish to god I never saw another leftist. Please, avoid me all you can. Is there a newsletter I can sign up with where they can leave me alone?

.‭

I think Mengele was more likely to wear a white lab coat, just like these tyrants.

Seriously. I wish to god I never saw another leftist. Please, avoid me all you can. Is there a newsletter I can sign up with where they can leave me alone?

Unfortunately, they're genetically incapable of ever leaving anyone alone, under any circumstances. Either they have to evangelize you into their political religion, or they're physically attacking you.

Leftists are like Jehovah's Witnesses on meth.

When all these politicians unelected bureaucrats and so called experts start abiding by the restrictions they want to impose on the rest of us I will consider it until then fuck them and there rules for thee but not for me bullshit.

.‭
They don't want you on the road so their limos don't get caught in traffic

When all these politicians unelected bureaucrats and so called experts start abiding by the restrictions they want to impose on the rest of us I will consider it until then fuck them and there rules for thee but not for me bullshit.

I agree, except I won't consider it even then. I've never thought my neighbors' desire to be idiots required me to join them.

.‭

I think Mengele was more likely to wear a white lab coat, just like these tyrants.
Vhat, don’t you trust zee science, fraulein?

Forum List

Back