Bible Experts Determine Goliath was not really killed by David

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Bible Experts Determine Goliath Died Of COVID-19
SCRIPTURE·Jul 10, 2020 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

ISRAEL - Working at an archaeological dig in the Valley of Elah, Bible experts have come up with an interesting theory concerning the death of Goliath, hulking giant of the Philistines who fought David in one-on-one combat.
Though he did have severe head trauma and neck problems, his death is now being counted as a COVID-19 death.
"While we didn't test him per se, he exhibited a lot of the symptoms of COVID-19," said one Bible scholar as he carefully worked to unearth some ancient face masks from Bible times. "The wooziness, the falling down, the headache -- it's all pretty clearly indicative of the novel coronavirus." He also stated that the virus ran rampant among the Philistines because they did not social distance, while Israel was relatively safe because King Saul declared a lockdown.

One researcher suggested that Goliath did not die of coronavirus but simply ODed, having been stoned. But then the other researchers realized he was telling a dad joke and told him to shut up and keep digging.
At publishing time, scholars had proposed that everyone who died in the Flood, the Israelite conquest of Canaan, and the flattening of Sodom and Gomorrah also died of COVID-19.

David was subsequently banned from Twitter claiming that he had killed the giant instead of him dying from the virus. Some of the Philistines were also banned from Twitter suggesting the giant died from the vaccine.

Bible Experts Determine Goliath Died Of COVID-19
SCRIPTURE·Jul 10, 2020 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

ISRAEL - Working at an archaeological dig in the Valley of Elah, Bible experts have come up with an interesting theory concerning the death of Goliath, hulking giant of the Philistines who fought David in one-on-one combat.
Though he did have severe head trauma and neck problems, his death is now being counted as a COVID-19 death.
"While we didn't test him per se, he exhibited a lot of the symptoms of COVID-19," said one Bible scholar as he carefully worked to unearth some ancient face masks from Bible times. "The wooziness, the falling down, the headache -- it's all pretty clearly indicative of the novel coronavirus." He also stated that the virus ran rampant among the Philistines because they did not social distance, while Israel was relatively safe because King Saul declared a lockdown.

One researcher suggested that Goliath did not die of coronavirus but simply ODed, having been stoned. But then the other researchers realized he was telling a dad joke and told him to shut up and keep digging.
At publishing time, scholars had proposed that everyone who died in the Flood, the Israelite conquest of Canaan, and the flattening of Sodom and Gomorrah also died of COVID-19.

David was subsequently banned from Twitter claiming that he had killed the giant instead of him dying from the virus. Some of the Philistines were also banned from Twitter suggesting the giant died from the vaccine.
11th century? I thought this story was older than Jesus.

David had a pair that's for sure.
Back when I was in college or in my 30's, I was David. I didn't care how big he was. I wrestled against Olympic Gold medal winner Steve Fraser. After being treated like a rag doll by him, what is anyone going to do to measure up to that level of wrestling? Plus I'm about to do a wrestling move to a big guy who thinks I'm stupid enough to box him. Fuck no. Take him down.

I'm sure Goliath was a terrible fighter on the ground.

This is another of the bible stories that have been agreed upon to not be literally true. Catholics and lhe Catholic church are attempting to move on and away from such nonsense.

This is another of the bible stories that have been agreed upon to not be literally true. Catholics and lhe Catholic church are attempting to move on and away from such nonsense.
How many centuries before the Catholic Church finally came around and admitted the bible stories should not be taken seriously. For example Goliath was 9 feet 9 inches. This is coming from your holy book. Stories? Lies? In your holy book?

Back when I was in college or in my 30's, I was David. I didn't care how big he was. I wrestled against Olympic Gold medal winner Steve Fraser. After being treated like a rag doll by him, what is anyone going to do to measure up to that level of wrestling? Plus I'm about to do a wrestling move to a big guy who thinks I'm stupid enough to box him. Fuck no. Take him down.

I'm sure Goliath was a terrible fighter on the ground.
Oh yeah well I beat up mike tyson, see how easy it is to lie on the internet.

The killing of Goliath didn't require miraculous intervention. A well-placed stone from a sling (something an adept shepherd could pull off), followed by decapitation of an unconscious Goliath with his own sword is easily within the realm of possibility.

I bet david wandering around those hills all day, became pretty proficient with that sling shot
Keeping predators away from sheep required some accuracy, that's for sure. Hitting the vulnerable spot on a soldier's helmet wouldn't be too difficult.

The killing of Goliath didn't require miraculous intervention. A well-placed stone from a sling (something an adept shepherd could pull off), followed by decapitation of an unconscious Goliath with his own sword is easily within the realm of possibility.
Yeah, it's as true as the story about Jonah and the big fish. or the one about the ark.

Forum List

Back