Health Experts Suggest Canceling Traditional Thanksgiving Plans

Doctors are warning that it might be time to cancel traditional Thanksgiving plans.‭ ‬With the pandemic currently hitting its‭ “‬worst explosion‭”‬,‭ ‬and as hospitalizations approach‭ ‬70,000‭ ‬for the first time this year,‭ ‬most Americans are rethinking their holiday plans.

COVID-19‭ ‬cases are rising in‭ ‬48‭ ‬states,‭ ‬and should have people considering alternatives to traditional Thanksgiving celebrations,‭ ‬according to University of Alabama at Birmingham Associate Dean for Global Health Dr.‭ ‬Michael Saag.

‭“‬I would stay at home.‭ ‬I would think about canceling,‭ ‬honestly,‭ ‬Thanksgiving get togethers,‭” ‬explained Dr.‭ ‬Saag.‭ “‬I know I sound like the Thanksgiving equivalent of Ebeneezer Scrooge,‭ ‬but we are in the middle of a pandemic that is exponentially growing.‭”

Medical experts predicted winter months would accelerate the growth of new cases as more people shift to spending time indoors,‭ ‬and travel increases opportunities to spread the virus.‭ ‬With Thanksgiving,‭ ‬however,‭ ‬there is a new fear which includes inter generational celebrations which are likely to bring younger family members into contact with more susceptible populations including grandparents.

Dr.‭ ‬Brian Garibaldi,‭ ‬director of Johns Hopkins Biocontainment Unit,‭ ‬agreed with Dr.‭ ‬Saag’s warning.‭ “‬We need to be careful in how we plan our celebrations,‭” ‬he said.‭ “‬There’s this false sense of comfort that you get from hanging out with friends or family members that you know well‭ — ‬that somehow they are going to be safer than just the average person on the street in terms of a risk to give you the virus.‭”

Americans unwilling to change travel plans might turn to testing before their trip back home.‭ ‬But Dr.‭ ‬Saag also warned against a possible false sense of security that could come from preliminary negative test results.‭

This can be especially true with a rapid antigen test.‭ ‬If somebody doesn’t have symptoms,‭ ‬that test can be falsely negative‭ ‬30%‭ ‬to‭ ‬40%‭ ‬of the time,‭ ‬depending on details.‭ ‬A negative test,‭ ‬even if it’s truly negative,‭ ‬doesn’t mean that that person wasn’t exposed a day before the test and then three days later ends up with COVID.‭ ‬This test is only a reliable indicator if the test results are positive.‭

The after-Thanksgiving COVID numbers will show how America followed or ignored the health experts‭’ ‬recommendations.‭ ‬If certain segments of the US.‭ ‬remain resolute in denying COVID-19‭ ‬is real.‭ ‬or denying that it is deadly,‭ ‬or cling to their stubborn belief it’s a hoax,‭ ‬their Thanksgiving trip to celebrate with the grandparents will just be the beginning.‭ ‬Around Christmas,‭ ‬visiting the grandparents will likely involve an open casket.‭ ‬Happy Holidays‭!

‭ ‬It's Time to Rethink Thanksgiving. Here's How to Have That Conversation With Your Family

.‭
Health experts? Are they wearing brown shirts with armbands?

I think Mengele was more likely to wear a white lab coat, just like these tyrants.
Vhat, don’t you trust zee science, fraulein?

Actual science, yes. Crackpot power grabs accompanied by shouts of, "This is SCIENCE!"? Not even remotely.

Okay, show of hands, people. Is there a single person in this thread who has obediently avoided all of their relatives who don't live in the same house since the tyrannical oppression . . . oops, I mean lockdowns were initiated? Anyone? Bueller?

Okay, show of hands, people. Is there a single person in this thread who has obediently avoided all of their relatives who don't live in the same house since the tyrannical oppression . . . oops, I mean lockdowns were initiated? Anyone? Bueller?
Only libbers would be that stupid.

Yes it's better to follow elected officials who don't know what a virus is over a health expert. That is called the absolute height of stupidity. It's good for the nation to know the truth that the virus is nothing to mess with then people can decide. Some still think the virus is a hoax. Wack jobs defined.b

Doctors are warning that it might be time to cancel traditional Thanksgiving plans.‭ ‬With the pandemic currently hitting its‭ “‬worst explosion‭”‬,‭ ‬and as hospitalizations approach‭ ‬70,000‭ ‬for the first time this year,‭ ‬most Americans are rethinking their holiday plans.

COVID-19‭ ‬cases are rising in‭ ‬48‭ ‬states,‭ ‬and should have people considering alternatives to traditional Thanksgiving celebrations,‭ ‬according to University of Alabama at Birmingham Associate Dean for Global Health Dr.‭ ‬Michael Saag.

‭“‬I would stay at home.‭ ‬I would think about canceling,‭ ‬honestly,‭ ‬Thanksgiving get togethers,‭” ‬explained Dr.‭ ‬Saag.‭ “‬I know I sound like the Thanksgiving equivalent of Ebeneezer Scrooge,‭ ‬but we are in the middle of a pandemic that is exponentially growing.‭”

Medical experts predicted winter months would accelerate the growth of new cases as more people shift to spending time indoors,‭ ‬and travel increases opportunities to spread the virus.‭ ‬With Thanksgiving,‭ ‬however,‭ ‬there is a new fear which includes inter generational celebrations which are likely to bring younger family members into contact with more susceptible populations including grandparents.

Dr.‭ ‬Brian Garibaldi,‭ ‬director of Johns Hopkins Biocontainment Unit,‭ ‬agreed with Dr.‭ ‬Saag’s warning.‭ “‬We need to be careful in how we plan our celebrations,‭” ‬he said.‭ “‬There’s this false sense of comfort that you get from hanging out with friends or family members that you know well‭ — ‬that somehow they are going to be safer than just the average person on the street in terms of a risk to give you the virus.‭”

Americans unwilling to change travel plans might turn to testing before their trip back home.‭ ‬But Dr.‭ ‬Saag also warned against a possible false sense of security that could come from preliminary negative test results.‭

This can be especially true with a rapid antigen test.‭ ‬If somebody doesn’t have symptoms,‭ ‬that test can be falsely negative‭ ‬30%‭ ‬to‭ ‬40%‭ ‬of the time,‭ ‬depending on details.‭ ‬A negative test,‭ ‬even if it’s truly negative,‭ ‬doesn’t mean that that person wasn’t exposed a day before the test and then three days later ends up with COVID.‭ ‬This test is only a reliable indicator if the test results are positive.‭

The after-Thanksgiving COVID numbers will show how America followed or ignored the health experts‭’ ‬recommendations.‭ ‬If certain segments of the US.‭ ‬remain resolute in denying COVID-19‭ ‬is real.‭ ‬or denying that it is deadly,‭ ‬or cling to their stubborn belief it’s a hoax,‭ ‬their Thanksgiving trip to celebrate with the grandparents will just be the beginning.‭ ‬Around Christmas,‭ ‬visiting the grandparents will likely involve an open casket.‭ ‬Happy Holidays‭!

‭ ‬It's Time to Rethink Thanksgiving. Here's How to Have That Conversation With Your Family

.‭

I think Mengele was more likely to wear a white lab coat, just like these tyrants.

Actual science, yes. Crackpot power grabs accompanied by shouts of, "This is SCIENCE!"? Not even remotely.
Listen.
There are 242 genders, possibly more. Your actual genitalia and chromosomes don’t have anything to do with your sex, you can just “identify” as whatever. That totally not mental illness, it’s normal. There are no racial differences, you just need to ignore every physical, cognitive, blood chemistry, etc test that says there is. “Man made climate change” is real, the science is settled. When we said it was going to be an ice age due to global cooling it was settled as well, and we wanted to possibly nuke the ice caps or cover them in shredded tires to melt them. Then we resettled it as global warming, until a cooling trend made that look stupid. So we resettled it as “change”, therefore no matter what happens we are covered. You just have to pretend it’s CO2 levels that are the driver of the greenhouse effect and not the way more prevalent water vapor, and ignore solar cycles. The science is totally settled. And you need masks, then you don’t need masks, then you need them again. Basically the science is settled on what I am saying right now, until it settles in something else.
Got it?

Yes it's better to follow elected officials who don't know what a virus is over a health expert. That is called the absolute height of stupidity. It's good for the nation to know the truth that the virus is nothing to mess with then people can decide. Some still think the virus is a hoax. Wack jobs defined.b

It has a less than 2% mortality rate YOU'LL be fine. You go ahead and hide under your bed.

Exactly. Mind you, I haven't see my mom or my daughter and her kids all that much this year, but that's more a function of them living in another city than me "social distancing" from them. I see the relatives who live in the same city as I do once a month to once a week (depending on the relatives), and have all year. My nephew actually did get Covid-19 from his work, and he and his family quarantined for a couple of weeks while he basically had a case of the flu, then went back to normal. No one else in my family ever came down sick at all.

Those dictators in lab coats can go fuck themselves with a barbed wire dildo.

It has a less than 2% mortality rate YOU'LL be fine. You go ahead and hide under your bed.
You’re right, it’s not going to wipe us all out.
However, who wants to be that 2%?
who is willing to have their wife or child be that 2%

Exactly. Mind you, I haven't see my mom or my daughter and her kids all that much this year, but that's more a function of them living in another city than me "social distancing" from them. I see the relatives who live in the same city as I do once a month to once a week (depending on the relatives), and have all year. My nephew actually did get Covid-19 from his work, and he and his family quarantined for a couple of weeks while he basically had a case of the flu, then went back to normal. No one else in my family ever came down sick at all.

We have had nearly 50 positive cases here.....person stays home until negative test, about a week, then back to work. No big deal.

.‭

Listen.
There are 242 genders, possibly more. Your actual genitalia and chromosomes don’t have anything to do with your sex, you can just “identify” as whatever. That totally not mental illness, it’s normal. There are no racial differences, you just need to ignore every physical, cognitive, blood chemistry, etc test that says there is. “Man made climate change” is real, the science is settled. When we said it was going to be an ice age due to global cooling it was settled as well, and we wanted to possibly nuke the ice caps or cover them in shredded tires to melt them. Then we resettled it as global warming, until a cooling trend made that look stupid. So we resettled it as “change”, therefore no matter what happens we are covered. You just have to pretend it’s CO2 levels that are the driver of the greenhouse effect and not the way more prevalent water vapor, and ignore solar cycles. The science is totally settled. And you need masks, then you don’t need masks, then you need them again. Basically the science is settled on what I am saying right now, until it settles in something else.
Got it?

Please see my last comment re: dictators in lab coats fucking themselves with barbed wire dildos. ;) I think I'm pretty firm on that political position.

Who wants to be the idiot who only worries about a single silly little virus killing them when there are several more dangerous and likely things to fear???

Health experts will suck the joy and freedom out of every Americans life if we let them. Their obsession over their specialty is not incumbent for me to adopt nor adhere to. I far more enjoy my liberty than cowtowing to something that has about a 1 in100 chance of seriously effecting me or me having a serious effect upon someone else.
Covid is not for the vulnerable but rather for the math and stats disabled

Anyone who does not want to spend the holiday with anyone should be allowed to be alone. No one who chooses to spend time with anyone else should be prohibited from doing so.

The claim is that 76000 people out of a population of 350 million. That is miniscule. Using those numbers alone no hospital is overwhelmed. Chicom democrats are flinging shit at us.

Masks don't help.It's a farce.

The help, but it’s very minimal

Depends on the mask, and whether it's used properly. The vast majority of masks you see every day aren't doing a damned thing of use, unless the wearer is actively coughing and sneezing.

Correct

Depends on the mask, and whether it's used properly. The vast majority of masks you see every day aren't doing a damned thing of use, unless the wearer is actively coughing and sneezing.
Correct. Catching droplets before they go airborne is about their only function.

Correct

Correct. Catching droplets before they go airborne is about their only function.

I hear the neck gaiters that so many people like actually aerosolize those droplets and make the spread worse.

Look, no one wants to die or have their loved ones die. But the reality is that 1) life is risk, and we take bigger risks in our daily lives every single day, and 2) even if you spend your whole existence doing nothing in a hermetically-sealed sanitary bubble, you're gonna die anyway.

We have had nearly 50 positive cases here.....person stays home until negative test, about a week, then back to work. No big deal.

Most people have utterly lost any sense of perspective on this subject, and as much as they like to shout, "Science!!" they actually stopped listening to what "the experts" and the science had to say months ago, and are still behaving as though it's March.

Forum List

Back