'He doesn't put country first': Trump's former Defense Secretary trashes his patriotism in CNN interview

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
On CNN Monday, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, a longtime member of the Trump administration, made clear he does not support his former boss and does not believe he should hold the presidency again.

A key reason, said Esper, is that he does not "put country first."

"You served during a tumultuous time in the Trump administration, you were fired in November, November 9th of 2020," said anchor Brianna Keilar. "As you're watching these January 6th hearings, what are you thinking?"

"Well, I wish I was able to see more of them, but like many Americans, I found myself stuck on airplanes or airports," said Esper. "Each hearing, as I read in the paper, the facts are startling. I've been saying, shocking but not surprising. It's an important service they were providing to recount what happened on January 6th and the days and weeks leading up to it. It's important for us to understand our history, and that there be accountability."

"You've said you won't vote for him again, you've urged others not to," said Keilar. "What's your biggest worry about what happens if President Trump is elected again?"

"Well, no, I won't support him," said Esper. "I've argued to my Republican colleagues that you can find the same type of conservative, traditional Republican policies but without — without all of the baggage, the coarseness and everything else because we need a Republican leader that cannot just unite the party but unite the country. My concern about Donald Trump trying to run for office again is he doesn't put country first and that's a problem for me, a major problem. I think he has to put country first, leaders need to lead and bring people together and he just doesn't have that capability."

Now here is a man that was in the Trump cabinet and he is telling you that Trump is trash.

Let's see how many Trump Humpers come and trash Esper, he is a member of the Deep State, he was always a never trumper, blah, blah, blah.

On CNN Monday, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, a longtime member of the Trump administration, made clear he does not support his former boss and does not believe he should hold the presidency again.

"You served during a tumultuous time in the Trump administration, you were fired in November, November 9th of 2020," said anchor Brianna Keilar. "As you're watching these January 6th hearings, what are you thinking?"

"Well, I wish I was able to see more of them, but like many Americans, I found myself stuck on airplanes or airports," said Esper. "Each hearing, as I read in the paper, the facts are startling. I've been saying, shocking but not surprising. It's an important service they were providing to recount what happened on January 6th and the days and weeks leading up to it. It's important for us to understand our history, and that there be accountability."

"You've said you won't vote for him again, you've urged others not to," said Keilar. "What's your biggest worry about what happens if President Trump is elected again?"

"Well, no, I won't support him," said Esper. "I've argued to my Republican colleagues that you can find the same type of conservative, traditional Republican policies but without — without all of the baggage, the coarseness and everything else because we need a Republican leader that cannot just unite the party but unite the country. My concern about Donald Trump trying to run for office again is he doesn't put country first and that's a problem for me, a major problem. I think he has to put country first, leaders need to lead and bring people together and he just doesn't have that capability."

Now here is a man that was in the Trump cabinet and he is telling you that Trump is trash.

Let's see how many Trump Humpers come and trash Esper, he is a member of the Deep State, he was always a never trumper, blah, blah, blah.

Nice that he can admit the obvious.

It's hilarious to see you two sucking as much Republican dick as you can. Do you work for the Lincoln Project by any chance?

LOL

President Trump's record speaks for itself. He was obviously America first in every speech and action he took as President. Can you dispute that? If so provide evidence.

Now CNN will follow up with all of the other members of former administrations who can come on and talk about all of the career politicians, sometimes, 30, 40 or 50 years deep who all put their country first.

The West has been in decline for the last 30+ years for a reason but somehow Trumps 4 year is why.

Now CNN will follow up with all of the other members of former administrations who can come on and talk about all of the career politicians, sometimes, 30, 40 or 50 years deep who all put their country first.

The West has been in decline for the last 30+ years for a reason but somehow Trumps 4 year is why.
democrats years in government all blame trump.jpg

You forgot a few.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) — 41 years
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) — 37 years
Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL) — 43 years
Rep. Don Young (R-AK-01) — 48 years
Rep. Hal Rogers (R-KY-05) — 41 years
Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ-04) — 41 years

You forgot a few.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) — 41 years
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) — 37 years
Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL) — 43 years
Rep. Don Young (R-AK-01) — 48 years
Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ-04) — 41 years

All that time in Washington, and no problems solved.

Let's send ALL those people home. Whattya say?

It's kinda unfair to single him out for this. Trump doesn't put anything above Trump.

Nice that he can admit the obvious.
Mac1958 and the other trump haters are having the best time of their lives trashing trump not for his policies but for his personalty

And the result has been the most incompetent president that is imaginable

The nation is grinding to a halt while their dottering moron stumbles along

I wonder f we can ever be one nation again?

Thanks for nuthin’ mac1958

New Topics

Forum List

Back