'He doesn't put country first': Trump's former Defense Secretary trashes his patriotism in CNN interview

His politics was his personality.

Once again, let me remind you the difference between Trump's politics and yours...

Gasoline rising to twice the price it was during 2018, a 9.1% inflation rate which is almost 5 times higher than it was in 2019, a recession, and retirement accounts lost $3 trillion dollars just over the last year. The price of oil jumping up to $130 per barrel, having to beg Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil while draining our own strategic reserves, sporadic shortages on the store shelves, supply line disruptions, a steadily-increasing trade imbalance with China, an spiraling epidemic of violent crime and drugs, 4 million more illegals within the last two years, more COVID deaths than in 2020, a dishonorable withdrawal from Afghanistan that cost 13 American soldiers their lives, a weakened military, Iran's nuclear program having enough nuclear material to build a bomb, a revitalized Russian oil industry, a major war in Europe that could even go nuclear, and a bumbling, shuffling leader who can't even read a teleprompter without screwing up.

Tired of hearing this yet? Only 834 days until it's over. That's 119 weeks and 1 day. Now you might think this is funny, but I'm going to be here for at least the next 834 days to remind you.

Last edited:
His politics was his personality.
Wrong

Thats your twisted trump hate talking

Our souther border is being flooded with illegal aliens

Inflation is at about 8% which is choking the life out if our economy

Drivers are spending up to $100 to fill their cars with fuel

Empty store shelves

The lisr of biden-lib horribles goes on that didnt have be

On CNN Monday, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, a longtime member of the Trump administration, made clear he does not support his former boss and does not believe he should hold the presidency again.

A key reason, said Esper, is that he does not "put country first."

"You served during a tumultuous time in the Trump administration, you were fired in November, November 9th of 2020," said anchor Brianna Keilar. "As you're watching these January 6th hearings, what are you thinking?"

"Well, I wish I was able to see more of them, but like many Americans, I found myself stuck on airplanes or airports," said Esper. "Each hearing, as I read in the paper, the facts are startling. I've been saying, shocking but not surprising. It's an important service they were providing to recount what happened on January 6th and the days and weeks leading up to it. It's important for us to understand our history, and that there be accountability."

"You've said you won't vote for him again, you've urged others not to," said Keilar. "What's your biggest worry about what happens if President Trump is elected again?"

"Well, no, I won't support him," said Esper. "I've argued to my Republican colleagues that you can find the same type of conservative, traditional Republican policies but without — without all of the baggage, the coarseness and everything else because we need a Republican leader that cannot just unite the party but unite the country. My concern about Donald Trump trying to run for office again is he doesn't put country first and that's a problem for me, a major problem. I think he has to put country first, leaders need to lead and bring people together and he just doesn't have that capability."

Now here is a man that was in the Trump cabinet and he is telling you that Trump is trash.

Let's see how many Trump Humpers come and trash Esper, he is a member of the Deep State, he was always a never trumper, blah, blah, blah.
the best part was when he said he’d take trump
over a dembot

what does that say about your party?

It's hilarious to see you two sucking as much Republican dick as you can. Do you work for the Lincoln Project by any chance?

LOL
The fact that so many hard core Republicans (including Rupert Murdoch) are appalled at Trump says a lot

On CNN Monday, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, a longtime member of the Trump administration, made clear he does not support his former boss and does not believe he should hold the presidency again.

A key reason, said Esper, is that he does not "put country first."

"You served during a tumultuous time in the Trump administration, you were fired in November, November 9th of 2020," said anchor Brianna Keilar. "As you're watching these January 6th hearings, what are you thinking?"

"Well, I wish I was able to see more of them, but like many Americans, I found myself stuck on airplanes or airports," said Esper. "Each hearing, as I read in the paper, the facts are startling. I've been saying, shocking but not surprising. It's an important service they were providing to recount what happened on January 6th and the days and weeks leading up to it. It's important for us to understand our history, and that there be accountability."

"You've said you won't vote for him again, you've urged others not to," said Keilar. "What's your biggest worry about what happens if President Trump is elected again?"

"Well, no, I won't support him," said Esper. "I've argued to my Republican colleagues that you can find the same type of conservative, traditional Republican policies but without — without all of the baggage, the coarseness and everything else because we need a Republican leader that cannot just unite the party but unite the country. My concern about Donald Trump trying to run for office again is he doesn't put country first and that's a problem for me, a major problem. I think he has to put country first, leaders need to lead and bring people together and he just doesn't have that capability."

Now here is a man that was in the Trump cabinet and he is telling you that Trump is trash.

Let's see how many Trump Humpers come and trash Esper, he is a member of the Deep State, he was always a never trumper, blah, blah, blah.
5q0qd2.jpg

I, for one, and shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you!

You mean that politicians who once rode Trump's coattails, are abandoning him, now that he is out of power, and they can get a pat on the head from CNN for trashing him?

Say, whaaaat?

That's unbelievable!

President Trump's record speaks for itself. He was obviously America first in every speech and action he took as President. Can you dispute that? If so provide evidence.
How about on January 20th, 2021, Trump left the USA vulnerable to nuclear attack during the transition of nuclear launch codes he forced to happen by not attending the inauguration.

Normally there is one presidential "football", with one set of launch codes. Trump went to Florida, forcing the pentagon to create a new football for Biden, with totally different launch codes, that had to be switched to at noon on January 20th. The first time that commanders faced ambiguity in nuclear authentication.

Damn you right wing clowns love the homosexual references when you are talking about grown men. You don't need to let everyone on the forum know what your sexual fantasies are.
Shutup pussy faggot.
------------------------------------------------------

It appears, poster SBBrutha that you scored a Bazinga! with that observation.

Perhaps cut a little close to the bone (pun unintended ;))

Patriotism means having the courage and fortitude to stand up and challenge your government when it does wrong or oversteps the boundaries of its role.

It does NOT mean just going along with everything it does because 'murica.

But, like so many other ''isms,'' definitions have been lost and twisted as time moves forward.

How about on January 20th, 2021, Trump left the USA vulnerable to nuclear attack during the transition of nuclear launch codes he forced to happen by not attending the inauguration.

Normally there is one presidential "football", with one set of launch codes. Trump went to Florida, forcing the pentagon to create a new football for Biden, with totally different launch codes, that had to be switched to at noon on January 20th. The first time that commanders faced ambiguity in nuclear authentication.
What a crock. We were never vulnerable to nuclear attack. You couldn't come up with a single Trump policy that didn't put America First, so you went with nuclear attack!! Wooo were you really skeeeered? :auiqs.jpg:

You couldn't come up with a single Trump policy that didn't put America First,
The Trump administration’s failed public health response is mirrored by its failure to respond to the economic crisis, which has led to an economic fallout that sets the United States apart from other high-income nations.

A trump fail. ^^^^^^^^

The weakness of the Trump administration’s economic response to the coronavirus crisis—much like the failure of its public health response—can be seen in comparison with the United States’ international peers. As demonstrated by the experiences of peer nations, a rapid and coordinated public health response could have contained the pandemic more effectively and reduced the mounting economic losses. Instead, it seems as though the United States is getting the worst of both: the highest death toll of any country and what will likely be the sharpest economic contraction in American history.

Not putting America First.

Since Trump assumed the office of the presidency, he and his administration have made it clear that one of their primary policy goals consists of dismantling safety nets and laws meant to protect workers. In December 2019, just as news of the coronavirus outbreak was starting to circulate widely, the Trump administration issued a new rulingthat limited states’ ability to account for local unemployment rates in determining whether and for how long someone would be able to receive benefits under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Due to this ruling, those who lost their jobs due to the recession caused by the coronavirus pandemic may also end up losing access to food assistance. Recent legislation temporarily suspends this rule until shortly after the public emergency declaration is lifted—a decision wholly at the discretion of the president. After that, localities will be unable to provide benefits to all those who need them, even as they continue to experience the effects of the recession.

A reduced safety net does not only mean that more families will experience pain; it also means that effective stimulus now has a harder time reaching those who need it most. Moreover, the Trump administration’s efforts to undermine the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid have resulted in fewer Americans with health care, which also blunts the stimulus’s response. Finally, a lack of worker safety guidelines and laws for essential workers has contributed to outbreaks among populations who are necessary to keep the United States running. All of these policy failures have compounded the fear and uncertainty surrounding Americans’ decision to return to work and participate fully in the economy.

He was obviously America first in every speech and action he took as President. Can you dispute that? If so provide evidence.
In the final year of Donald Trump’s presidency, more than 450,000 Americans died from COVID-19, and life expectancy fell by 1.13 years, the biggest decrease since World War II. Many of the deaths were avoidable; COVID-19 mortality in the U.S. was 40 percent higher than the average of the other wealthy nations in the Group of Seven (G7).

In a Lancet report by the Commission on Public Policy and Health in the Trump Era, released on February 20, we chronicled Trump's effects on population health. His incompetent and malevolent response to the COVID-19 pandemic capped a presidency suffused with health-harming policies and actions.

You couldn't come up with a single Trump policy that didn't put America First
Faced with the pandemic, Trump suppressed scientific data, delayed testing, mocked and blocked mask-wearing, and convened mass gatherings where social distancing was impossible. Despite the mounting threats of COVID-19 and global warming, he pulled the U.S. out of the World Health Organization and the Paris climate accord. He installed industry insiders in regulatory posts tasked with protecting Americans from environmental and occupational hazards; their regulatory rollbacks resulted in 22,000 excess deaths from such hazards in 2019 alone. He pushed through a $1.9 trillion tax cut for the wealthy, creating a budget hole that he then used to justify cutting food and housing assistance for the needy. He tried, but failed, to repeal the ACA, then bent every effort to undermine it, pushing up the number of uninsured Americans by 2.3 million.

FAIL ^^^^^^^^

Loan forgiveness​

Trump curbed relief for defrauded students

Trump dismantled Obama-era policies that were designed to curb abuses by for-profit colleges, including rules designed to make it easier for borrowers to obtain loan forgiveness if they were cheated or duped by their college. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said the Obama administration’s approach was too lenient, akin to allowing borrowers to access “free money” at taxpayer expense.

Borrowers seeking to have their loans wiped out because of the misconduct of their college such as misleading or deceiving students about their job prospects will have a tougher time proving their claims. The Education Department estimates that the Trump policy will reduce federal loan forgiveness by hundreds of millions of dollars each year.

Of course trump would support FRAUD, he did it himself at FAILED trump University.

Forum List

Back