He ain't dead yet

Your right Oldstyle, a good chunk of the stimulus will go to support state and local government jobs. Interesting how government is looking out for government in a crisis. General public, your on your own.

P.S. You know your going into debt for this right?

Credit rating agencies like S&P are telling us that they want to see the deficit cut substantially or we are in danger of having our credit downgraded even further. So what does Barack Obama do? He asks for another 3 to 5 hundred billion in stimulus spending that's a watered down version of what already didn't work. Somebody needs to slap him in the head and tell him to snap out of it. What he's doing isn't working. What he's doing is getting us in bigger and bigger trouble.

Sigh, this is like trying to explain quantum physics to a two year old.

The stimulus DIDN'T work because it's premise was fundamentally flawed, TM. Spending billions of borrowed money to keep Public Sector workers temporarily employed doesn't lead to long term employment gains. Job growth comes from the Private Sector. The REASON the President will be back on stage tonight asking for more stimulus is that the last one didn't stimulate job growth in the Private Sector which means revenues are still down and the Public Sector can't afford all those firemen, teachers and cops.

i don't know where you live but revenues in missouri are growing. the stimulus helped us through what would have been some very tough times.

I'm happy for you. I live in Florida. The stimulus didn't do a thing to improve the economy here.

Your right Oldstyle, a good chunk of the stimulus will go to support state and local government jobs. Interesting how government is looking out for government in a crisis. General public, your on your own.

P.S. You know your going into debt for this right?

Credit rating agencies like S&P are telling us that they want to see the deficit cut substantially or we are in danger of having our credit downgraded even further. So what does Barack Obama do? He asks for another 3 to 5 hundred billion in stimulus spending that's a watered down version of what already didn't work. Somebody needs to slap him in the head and tell him to snap out of it. What he's doing isn't working. What he's doing is getting us in bigger and bigger trouble.

Obama has to get us in deeper. That way Democrats can regain the presidency in 2016, when Republicans can't fix the economy by then. This "economic crisis" will go on a long time.

The stimulus DIDN'T work because it's premise was fundamentally flawed, TM. Spending billions of borrowed money to keep Public Sector workers temporarily employed doesn't lead to long term employment gains. Job growth comes from the Private Sector. The REASON the President will be back on stage tonight asking for more stimulus is that the last one didn't stimulate job growth in the Private Sector which means revenues are still down and the Public Sector can't afford all those firemen, teachers and cops.

i don't know where you live but revenues in missouri are growing. the stimulus helped us through what would have been some very tough times.

You mean this plan?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWREVj2u-Y]Joe Haslag: Missouri economic growth - YouTube[/ame]

It calls for tax cuts you buffoon.

yeah, can't watch youtube at the moment - and the only thing i know about joe haslag is he sits in the ken lay (yes, that ken lay) chair at MU.

but what's more fun is i wasn't talking about any 'plan'
i was talking about the stimulus money bridging the gap between revenues and outlays while our economy began to rebound.

were it not for the stimulus money missouri would have been in much worse shape.

You mean this plan?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWREVj2u-Y]Joe Haslag: Missouri economic growth - YouTube[/ame]

yeah, can't watch youtube at the moment - and the only thing i know about joe haslag is he sits in the ken lay (yes, that ken lay) chair at MU.

i was talking about the stimulus money bridging the gap between revenues and outlays while our economy began to rebound.

were it not for the stimulus money missouri would have been in much worse shape.

From the little I know about Missouri's economy I'm led to believe that your "rebound" is due to tax cut incentives being given to bring in more businesses. Since that goes counter to what Obama has done with "his" stimulus programs I find it rather amusing that while you credit the Obama stimulus for bridging the gap as you put it...what's really bringing the State revenues is doing what Obama is fundamentally opposed to.

bullshit.

a couple of right woing history proofs said it and the right glomed on like zoombies

You mean this plan?

Joe Haslag: Missouri economic growth - YouTube

From the little I know about Missouri's economy I'm led to believe that your "rebound" is due to tax cut incentives being given to bring in more businesses. Since that goes counter to what Obama has done with "his" stimulus programs I find it rather amusing that while you credit the Obama stimulus for bridging the gap as you put it...what's really bringing the State revenues is doing what Obama is fundamentally opposed to.

Yes, the job growth came from tax cuts in Missouri. Freed up money for consumers too. Obamabots must have been given the stimulus stimulus.

The American people BLAME the republicans for making this mess.

They are mad at Obama for not fixing the mess faster.

They blame the republicans for throwing roiadblocks in the way of fixing the mess.

Do you really think they will hire one of you to replace Obama to fix the mess?

You dont hire the mechanic you just fired for breaking your car to fix it because they new guy is slow.

What you don't seem to understand is that America does blame the Republicans for making the mess. America also blames the President (along with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi) for making the mess much, much worse.

When you figure that part out, you will understand why President Obama is not going to be a shoe-in come November of 2012.

Immie

No Immy that is only in your head.

Its not what the numbers say.

Keep lying to yourslef.

bullshit.

a couple of right woing history proofs said it and the right glomed on like zoombies

Here you go liar:

Milton Friedman (July 31, 1912 – November 16, 2006) was an American economist, statistician, academic, and author who taught at the University of Chicago for more than three decades. He was a recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences.

Among scholars, he is best known for his theoretical and empirical research, especially consumption analysis, monetary history and theory, and for his demonstration of the complexity of stabilization policy.[1] He was an economic advisor to U.S. President Ronald Reagan. Over time, many governments practiced his restatement of a political philosophy that extolled the virtues of a free market economic system with little intervention by government. As a leader of the Chicago school of economics, based at the University of Chicago, he had great influence in determining the research agenda of the entire profession. Milton Friedman's works, which include many monographs, books, scholarly articles, papers, magazine columns, television programs, videos, and lectures, cover a broad range of topics of microeconomics, macroeconomics, economic history, and public policy issues. The Economist described him as "the most influential economist of the second half of the 20th century…possibly of all of it."[2]

Friedman was originally a Keynesian, a supporter of the New Deal and an advocate of government intervention in the economy.

Milton Friedman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The people of America showed last November that they were rejecting the failed stimulus. They elected a vast Republican House to deal with the finances of the nation.

Since then the Democrat Senate has continued to block everything the House tries to do that would fix anything.

The People will also remember that it was the Democrat congress that used backroom deals and bribes to pass Obamacare because they couldn't pass such a miserable piece of crap with the facts being made public.

And here comes Obama with another plan to spend more money to do nothing.......

Sorry, he's toast.............

I'm happy for you. I live in Florida. The stimulus didn't do a thing to improve the economy here.

OS where in Florida do you live??

I'm over in Melbourne.

Stupid.......... The stimulus was to STIMULATE the private sector. IT FAILED and the money that went to local and state municipalities had to cut the work force in spite of said stimulus.

Damn I wish you were smarter.

I wish you were smarter.

Unemployment hasn't gone up.

It's gone down. And keeps going down. Albeit slow as a snail.

LOL Zero net jobs last month. I know I know the stimulus will kick in any day now.

Lets not mention the talk of additional upcoming layoffs. I want you to feel good about your messiah.

Did you know that August is usually a negative month?:eusa_eh:

It's fourteen months until the election. A year until the real campaign starts. Three months until the first primary. The Repubs haven't even selected their candidates yet. And yet all the seers and soothsayers have already counted the votes. You can sure tell when you're dealing with fantasists.

The people of America showed last November that they were rejecting the failed stimulus. They elected a vast Republican House to deal with the finances of the nation.

Since then the Democrat Senate has continued to block everything the House tries to do that would fix anything.

The People will also remember that it was the Democrat congress that used backroom deals and bribes to pass Obamacare because they couldn't pass such a miserable piece of crap with the facts being made public.

And here comes Obama with another plan to spend more money to do nothing.......

Sorry, he's toast.............

The Stimulus didn't fail and that's not why many voted for the Tea Party.

Forum List

Back