Have you ever wanted to run for political office?

Have you ever wanted to run for local office?

• Yes. I plan to run for office in 2018.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes. I plan to run for office in 2020.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes. I plan to run for office in 2022.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
No honest person would ever run for a political office.....so far this fact is proven 100 percent.

Well I cannot remember a president who was honest....just saying. From my viewpoint one cannot be honest and be president....but this current situation does entertain me and give me a huge laugh so its worth something.

Well I cannot remember a president who was honest....just saying. From my viewpoint one cannot be honest and be president....but this current situation does entertain me and give me a huge laugh so its worth something.

All human beings lie and they do it frequently.

I lie less than our high level politicians....but that isn't saying much.

Lying is something that grown ups need to get used to hearing. It happens in every area of life. It is hilarious to me when people say, "He lied!" or "She lied!" and expect us to act horrified or shocked. Everybody lies and everybody lies frequently. People spend so much time criticizing someone for lying but nobody gets criticized for breathing. It is easy to tell the grown ups from the children.

It is so childish to complain about liars. Learn to deal with it. It is an inevitable reality that has existed since the beginning of time and will exist for millennia to come. Don't act like you are immune to it. That's foolish. You will hear lies. You can't rely on people to spoon feed you honest information. That just doesn't happen. I'm sorry that you have to think and analysis comments made by other people. I hope it wasn't too difficult for you to use your brain.

Am I lying too much for you?

No honest person would ever run for a political office.....so far this fact is proven 100 percent.

Name one honest person that has ever existed. Human beings lie 30+ times per day. Don't be so dramatic.
There's a difference between a husband answering the wife's question "Do I look fat?" and saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

So, if you want to be nitpicky about it, most politicians lie to better themselves while normal people lie to protect the feelings of others. It's a difference of motive.

I've considered running for the office of bikini inspector but I hear the competition is pretty STIFF

emot15.gif

I thought of running for political office but only as means to categorize some expenses as tax deductions. Thus things never got very far as I was disheartened by reading stuff like:

Running for political office means opening up your wallet, or other people's wallets, and spending money: on ads, staff, office space, mail, public appearances and sundry other expenses. If you're planning on taking these costs as a business or personal expense on your taxes, however, the IRS will take a very dim view. The short version written in the tax code has always been simple: campaign expenses are not deductible.

I thought of running for political office but only as means to categorize some expenses as tax deductions. Thus things never got very far as I was disheartened by reading stuff like:

Running for political office means opening up your wallet, or other people's wallets, and spending money: on ads, staff, office space, mail, public appearances and sundry other expenses. If you're planning on taking these costs as a business or personal expense on your taxes, however, the IRS will take a very dim view. The short version written in the tax code has always been simple: campaign expenses are not deductible.
Good point. That's why the real shyster politicians start a non-profit "foundation".

What is so great about tax deductions? They are easy to get. All you have to do is give your money to a charity or hire an employee. You can also take out an extremely high interest mortgage. Just ask your mortgage company to increase the interest on your mortgage from 4% to 12%.

Example:

$100,000.00 mortgage at 4% pays the bank $4,000.00 per year. Deduct $4,000.00 from your taxes and save $1,000.00!!

$100,000 mortgage at 12% pays the bank $12,000.00 per year. Deduct $12,000.00 from your taxes and save $3,000.00!!

Pay the bank $8,000.00 extra to save $2,000.00 in taxes

I would think that tax deductions were bad. I would prefer to have an extremely high tax burden myself. The higher my income is, the more I pay in taxes. Were you serious?

I have a hard time believing that there are people out there that are smart enough to make money but dumb enough to think that tax deductions are good.

I have a hard time believing that there are people out there that are smart enough to make money but dumb enough to think that tax deductions are good.
I'm beginning to see why you were never elected to office.

At the debate forums I made a comment that criticizing the false notion that a house was an investment. I told them that a house was a place to live rather than an investment. I got a lot of angry looks and a lot of confused looks.

I'm beginning to see why you were never elected to office.

I also told people at a woman's forum that you can't increase spending and lower taxes. I told them that you could only do one or the other. They were really confused because there was another politician on the stage with me that said he was going to do it all. He won. I lost.

The idea that people would think I owe them for hold a sign makes me ill.

I DO hate when people run unopposed . Sometimes I think I should just run on the off chance the front runner gets busted for picking up whores a week before the election .

Forum List

Back