Have you ever wanted to run for political office?

Have you ever wanted to run for local office?

• Yes. I plan to run for office in 2018.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes. I plan to run for office in 2020.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes. I plan to run for office in 2022.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
I would never be able to get over the "dirty" feeling. To much sleeze in politics.

No interest in subjecting myself or the family to an ill-bred media requisite colonoscopy.

Yes I actually have wanted to...start small town council then work way up etc but I never will. Been arrested few times,have ties to group and individuals that the FBI has files on,belonged to a group that the FBI keeps tabs on.All of that would be dragged out in the open so its just not worth it. I have always wanted to become a dictator. :)

I will start with the Water District.

We have lots of water this year so there should be no issues.

Then on to the city council.

Then the county supervisors.

By then I will have a great voting record and can run for State Assembly.

Then Speaker of the State Assembly.

Then Governor.

That will get my name in the history books -- at least State history.

All the kids will need to memorize my name.

Then I will be immortal.

:D

No interest in subjecting myself or the family to an ill-bred media requisite colonoscopy.
You just have to plan ahead.

Hillary did not plan ahead.

She would not have had to lie about Bill's affairs if she herself had just drained his balls every morning and night with great blow jobs.

Then she might have been elected POTUS had she not been such a terrible liar.

I will start with the Water District.

We have lots of water this year so there should be no issues.

Then on to the city council.

Then the county supervisors.

By then I will have a great voting record and can run for State Assembly.

Then Speaker of the State Assembly.

Then Governor.

That will get my name in the history books -- at least State history.

All the kids will need to memorize my name.

Then I will be immortal.

:D
If you RW'ers out there don't find this simply crazy, let me ask you, how would you have reacted if Obama and the Democrats had done this?

Then I will be immortal.

there is no T in immoral.

Yes, I did want to run and actually ran. Twice. Lost once; won once.

But no more.

Wanted to run for mayor of a small city about 20 years ago and read through the disclosure forms. Some of the questions were legitimate; others were so invasive that I returned the forms without filling them in. City clerk said I was not the first; they were having great difficulty finding people willing to deal with it and some city council seats has NO contestants. At the time it seemed incumbents who were in office prior to the new rules didn't have to deal with it.

Jeez, I wonder how THAT got into the law!

No, but there definitely have been times where I knew I could do a better job.

I've been urged to run for Congress more times than I can remember.

Other priorities have superseded.

Yes I actually have wanted to...start small town council then work way up etc but I never will. Been arrested few times,have ties to group and individuals that the FBI has files on,belonged to a group that the FBI keeps tabs on.All of that would be dragged out in the open so its just not worth it. I have always wanted to become a dictator. :)

That doesn't bar you from running. It actually sets you up to receive free publicity and get a few sympathy votes. Go for it.

That doesn't bar you from running. It actually sets you up to receive free publicity and get a few sympathy votes. Go for it.
Doubtful. The ACLU,SPLC,AIPAC etc would go out of their way to destroy any chance I had....It costs money to even file,then for signs and ads etc. Busy enough with kids in baseball and softball etc. It doesn't bar me but I wouldn't get sympathy believe me.

Doubtful. The ACLU,SPLC,AIPAC etc would go out of their way to destroy any chance I had....It costs money to even file,then for signs and ads etc. Busy enough with kids in baseball and softball etc. It doesn't bar me but I wouldn't get sympathy believe me.
What did you do? Steal Girl Scout cookies?

Have you ever wanted to run for a local political office?
NFW. Not interested in listening to whiners and not narcissistic enough to want the position.

That does get to me. All these passionate jerks that harass the daylights out of the city council year after year after year after year but never run. I want to passionately smack those people as hard as I possibly can. I just don't have the courage to do it. Unfortunately nobody will ever smack those people.

Forum List

Back