Have you ever wanted to run for political office?

Have you ever wanted to run for local office?

• Yes. I plan to run for office in 2018.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes. I plan to run for office in 2020.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes. I plan to run for office in 2022.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
Yes, I did want to run and actually ran. Twice. Lost once; won once.

But no more.

Wanted to run for mayor of a small city about 20 years ago and read through the disclosure forms. Some of the questions were legitimate; others were so invasive that I returned the forms without filling them in. City clerk said I was not the first; they were having great difficulty finding people willing to deal with it and some city council seats has NO contestants. At the time it seemed incumbents who were in office prior to the new rules didn't have to deal with it.

Jeez, I wonder how THAT got into the law!

Stuff like that happens all the time. That is why I find local politics so interesting. There is way more corruption and a lot less oversight. The people just let them get away with it. It entertains me. They get pissed at a president that has pretty much no power at all but ignore the crooks that sit next to them in church every Sunday.

I ran twice myself and lost both times. I ran in 2012 and again in 2016.

Yes I actually have wanted to...start small town council then work way up etc but I never will. Been arrested few times,have ties to group and individuals that the FBI has files on,belonged to a group that the FBI keeps tabs on.All of that would be dragged out in the open so its just not worth it. I have always wanted to become a dictator. :)

That doesn't bar you from running. It actually sets you up to receive free publicity and get a few sympathy votes. Go for it.
Doubtful. The ACLU,SPLC,AIPAC etc would go out of their way to destroy any chance I had....It costs money to even file,then for signs and ads etc. Busy enough with kids in baseball and softball etc. It doesn't bar me but I wouldn't get sympathy believe me.
What did you do? Steal Girl Scout cookies?

It sounds like you know something.

Yes I actually have wanted to...start small town council then work way up etc but I never will. Been arrested few times,have ties to group and individuals that the FBI has files on,belonged to a group that the FBI keeps tabs on.All of that would be dragged out in the open so its just not worth it. I have always wanted to become a dictator. :)

That doesn't bar you from running. It actually sets you up to receive free publicity and get a few sympathy votes. Go for it.
Doubtful. The ACLU,SPLC,AIPAC etc would go out of their way to destroy any chance I had....It costs money to even file,then for signs and ads etc. Busy enough with kids in baseball and softball etc. It doesn't bar me but I wouldn't get sympathy believe me.
Lol no. 1 was a felony rest are misdemeanors....a lot of not paying tickets but also lot of other stuff. Also like I said being associated with the NSM and as a close friend of a former member of the NSM and leader/founder of the NSOA and now a reverend in our religion I KNOW the FBI has a file on me and it wouldn't be hard to find that information out...I would actually be fascinated to see the FBI file on me.

Lol no. 1 was a felony rest are misdemeanors....a lot of not paying tickets but also lot of other stuff. Also like I said being associated with the NSM and as a close friend of a former member of the NSM and leader/founder of the NSOA and now a reverend in our religion I KNOW the FBI has a file on me and it wouldn't be hard to find that information out...I would actually be fascinated to see the FBI file on me.

I checked google. I found NSM. What is NSOA? Don't say National Sports Official Association. That is what google said it was.

That does get to me. All these passionate jerks that harass the daylights out of the city council year after year after year after year but never run. I want to passionately smack those people as hard as I possibly can. I just don't have the courage to do it. Unfortunately nobody will ever smack those people.
Smack all you want, but don't come whining when you're charged with assault or get shot in the gut by a woman carrying a .38.

Yes, it's always easier to bitch than it is to do. OTOH, "politics", just like many other jobs, takes a certain skill set. Far too many people who run for government are fucking egotistical assholes. Many of the others are simply exhibitionists and, like the saying goes, too ugly to be in show business.

Lastly, and most importantly, what office do you hold or how many times have you tried to run for office?

That does get to me. All these passionate jerks that harass the daylights out of the city council year after year after year after year but never run. I want to passionately smack those people as hard as I possibly can. I just don't have the courage to do it. Unfortunately nobody will ever smack those people.
Smack all you want, but don't come whining when you're charged with assault or get shot in the gut by a woman carrying a .38.

Yes, it's always easier to bitch than it is to do. OTOH, "politics", just like many other jobs, takes a certain skill set. Far too many people who run for government are fucking egotistical assholes. Many of the others are simply exhibitionists and, like the saying goes, too ugly to be in show business.

Lastly, and most importantly, what office do you hold or how many times have you tried to run for office?

I never won. I ran twice.

Thanks for your reply. When was the last time you ran, what office and when do you plan to run again?

Like I said, most of those who run are "fucking egotistical assholes", sometimes the voters see that. OTOH, when it's two "fucking egotistical assholes" running for office, they usually pick the lesser of two evils as happened last November.

Thanks for your reply. When was the last time you ran, what office and when do you plan to run again?

Like I said, most of those who run are "fucking egotistical assholes", sometimes the voters see that. OTOH, when it's two "fucking egotistical assholes" running for office, they usually pick the lesser of two evils as happened last November.

County Commissioner both times. No. I probably will never run again. It is somebody else's turn.

Last edited:

News Flash. All humans are egotistical assholes. We all enjoy feeling superior to others. Some people are even ridiculously generous because it makes them feel superior to the people they are helping. You think you are better than people that are better than other people.

Humans love to feel superior to others. Good luck changing the world.

At best you can pretend that you aren't an egotistical asshole in order to get elected. That works. Most voters are too stupid to detect it. People run for political office in order to make things better. They couldn't care less about your off the cuff zero effort shallow character analysis of them.

Laziness offends me way more than arrogance ever could. Donald J Trump and Hillary Rodham Clinton are excellent servants in my book. The job of president sucks ass. You get criticized constantly. People are constantly plotting to sabotage you and all of your efforts. The responsibility is mind boggling. You couldn't possibly make a serious run for president for selfish purposes. That is completely fucking asinine. You need to get off of your high horse. People who run for office are the cream of the crop. They are actually doing things instead of whining about people who do things. The lazy do nothings that constantly complain are egotistical assholes. They couldn't handle actually doing something because someone might say they did it wrong and it would make them cry. Selfish egotistical assholes protect their ego at all cost. Selfless heroes sacrifice their comfort and their reputation in order to make a better life for the people who criticize them. Please start thinking before you start criticizing. Your lazy attitude is common but I still find it highly offensive. Give credit where credit is due. Great people deserve to be praised not thoughtlessly criticized.

County Commissioner both times. No. I probably will never run again. It is somebody else's turn.
I served 21 years in the military and 5 years in CAP. I'll go back to CAP in a year or two for another 5-8 years. No interest in local politics other than a voter and an occasional activist.....of course, for the zombie apocalypse, I'd be a key sniper knocking off zombies, nazis and other assorted assholes from 500m+

News Flash. All humans are egotistical assholes. We all enjoy feeling superior to others. Some people are even ridiculously generous because it makes them feel superior to the people they are helping. You think you are better than people that are better than other people.

Humans love to feel superior to others. Good luck changing the world.

At best you can pretend that you aren't an egotistical asshole in order to get elected. That works. Most voters are too stupid to detect it. People run for political office in order to make things better. They couldn't care less about your off the cuff zero effort shallow character analysis of them.

Laziness offends me way more than arrogance ever could. Donald J Trump and Hillary Rodham Clinton are excellent servants in my book. The job of president sucks ass. You get criticized constantly. People are constantly plotting to sabotage you and all of your efforts. The responsibility is mind boggling. You couldn't possibly make a serious run for president for selfish purposes. That is completely fucking asinine. You need to get off of your high horse. People who run for office are the cream of the crop. They are actually doing things instead of whining about people who do things. The lazy do nothings that constantly complain are egotistical assholes. They couldn't handle actually doing something because someone might say they did it wrong and it would make them cry. Selfish egotistical assholes protect their ego at all cost. Selfless heroes sacrifice their comfort and their reputation in order to make a better life for the people who criticize them. Please start thinking before you start criticizing. Your lazy attitude is common but I still find it highly offensive. Give credit where credit is due. Great people deserve to be praised not thoughtlessly criticized.
Agreed. Especially those who run for elected office. ;)

I feel bad for pols . They are psycho magnets ! Every kook feels entitled to harass their local elected official for stupid shit . And you can't tell the voter to fuck off, no matter how crazy they are !

I feel bad for pols . They are psycho magnets ! Every kook feels entitled to harass their local elected official for stupid shit . And you can't tell the voter to fuck off, no matter how crazy they are !
So you never want to run of officer either? How about serving your nation in any other manner? Anything other than being a sponge?

Yes, I did want to run and actually ran. Twice. Lost once; won once.

But no more.

Wanted to run for mayor of a small city about 20 years ago and read through the disclosure forms. Some of the questions were legitimate; others were so invasive that I returned the forms without filling them in. City clerk said I was not the first; they were having great difficulty finding people willing to deal with it and some city council seats has NO contestants. At the time it seemed incumbents who were in office prior to the new rules didn't have to deal with it.

Jeez, I wonder how THAT got into the law!
Sounds like if you want to run against an incumbent you can, but first you need to bring them a loaded gun to point at you.

So you never want to run of officer either? How about serving your nation in any other manner? Anything other than being a sponge?

I didn't say I wouldn't .

And I've done public interest work. Never been a sponge . I'd say I've helped more than I've taken .

Yes you can!! You just won't win the election.

Forum List

Back