Has anyone heard of Q aka QAnon?

Q from Star Trek, right?

Not quite lol. Someone who goes by Q on 4chan or 8chan or one of those chan sites. He claims to have a high security clearance and apparently leaves various hints about what's going on and what is likely to happen in the near future. He (or she, I guess) has apparently been proven right a number of times, but I've barely scratched the surface of looking into it so far.

Q from Star Trek, right?

Not quite lol. Someone who goes by Q on 4chan or 8chan or one of those chan sites. He claims to have a high security clearance and apparently leaves various hints about what's going on and what is likely to happen in the near future. He (or she, I guess) has apparently been proven right a number of times, but I've barely scratched the surface of looking into it so far.
Thank you. I will have a gander.

Q from Star Trek, right?

Thank you. I will have a gander.

Yeah, it may be one of those "throw a million things at the wall and some things stick" type of situation, but the guy seems to have some serious cred/rep from the chan folk lol. I've just started looking as well.

Q-Anon is a Russian bot farm pushing disinformation to destroy America from within.
But you knew that already!

The usual paranoid nonsense from the 'leisure class of the stupid and often resentful easily led'. It often includes a bit of antisemitism and racism married to a white supremacist mentality. Conspiracies are attractive to people with little real education and a desire to understand a world too complex for them. Life has controllers, a deep state somewhere, kinda like the current Russian kleptocracy, but instead of a cognizance of reality it points its finger at certain people. I often wonder how the thoughtful can counter a kind of groupthink that feeds on itself? Cults, as Scientology demonstrates, always find people seeking to belong even when belonging is ultimately giving up your freedom of thought. Stuff below for those who want to remain free but aware.

"I want to argue for something which is controversial, although I believe that it is also intuitive and commonsensical. My claim is this: Oliver believes what he does because that is the kind of thinker he is or, to put it more bluntly, because there is something wrong with how he thinks. The problem with conspiracy theorists is not, as the US legal scholar Cass Sunstein argues, that they have little relevant information. The key to what they end up believing is how they interpret and respond to the vast quantities of relevant information at their disposal. I want to suggest that this is fundamentally a question of the way they are. Oliver isn’t mad (or at least, he needn’t be). Nevertheless, his beliefs about 9/11 [or deep state schemes] are the result of the peculiarities of his intellectual constitution – in a word, of his intellectual character."

The intellectual character of conspiracy theorists | Aeon Essays

The Problem With Facts

"But when we consider the beliefs of other people? It's an epistemic shit show out there. Astrology, conspiracies, the healing power of crystals. Aliens who abduct Earthlings and build pyramids. That vaccines cause autism or that Obama is a crypto-Muslim — or that the world was formed some 6,000 years ago, replete with fossils made to look millions of years old. How could anyone believe this stuff?! ... No, seriously: how?" Crony Beliefs | Melting Asphalt

Brain washing - How cult leaders brainwash followers for total control | Aeon Essays

"Some of the ones that I focus on in my own research include aspects of causal reasoning, which relates to explanation, but also diverges from it in various cases; also, aspects of moral reasoning. Why do we have the particular moral beliefs that we do? How do we evaluate when someone is blameworthy and when they should be punished? You also see this in many other cases: aspects of language, aspects of how we think about other people's minds, aspects of how we think about social structure. These are all topics that we benefit from the insights of both philosophy and psychology." Tania Lombrozo Learning By Thinking | Edge.org

"I say it to you now, knowing full well that you will agree with me (that is, understand) only if you already agree with me." Stanley Fish

Pluses and minuses are:

suggested declas of FISAgate was scheduled for 12/5 but delayed due to 41s death,

Claims there are tens of thousands of sealed indictments against the Deep State,

Trump shutdown Backpage for their role in human trafficking, Q claims the Deep State player are bound to each other by pedophilia,

Ryan, Gowdy, Flake, Corker were all pushed out - no doubt,

FBI top leadership almost all cleared out. Did Priestap talk?

Called 53-47 Senate

The Bush funeral envelops ended any doubt that Q was LARPing

I thought the Russian one started with the letter g, can’t remember it for the life of me.

Q from Star Trek, right?

They've also been proven wrong many times.

If you ignore all the inaccurate predictions, anyone is a prophet.

Q kept saying trust sessions and that trump and sessions were working together.

Trump firing sessions has destroyed Qs credibility totally

He may be right or he may be wrong, but when he keeps saying something is going to happen, and it never does, you tend to lose interest.

New Topics

Forum List

Back