Harvard Study Reveals Huge Extent of Anti-Trump Media Bias

Yeah, they contribute so much to certain economies by their cheap unreported labor, they would probably cause a crisis if removed. Those celebrities and businesses would really hurt financially. Woe is them.
Not.
Done through the authority of the government. Do you have any idea how STUPID that sounds? I mean I don't get it. Conservatives will tell you the government screws up everything it gets involved in. Health care, the government screws it up. Education, the government screws it up. But immigration, well damn, the government has the ability to PICK AND CHOOSE who comes in. That is FUBARED.

And yes, it is totally un-american. This nation was established with open borders. This nation was one of the ONLY nations to establish Jus Solis. And for good reason. The founders knew that a nation that could pick and choose it's citizens is a nation destined for despotism.

Seriously, what does this mean to you.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Freedom of movement is an integral part of the "pursuit of happiness", and note, the DOI claims that ALL MEN have those rights, not just those fortunate enough to be American citizens.

The hard reality--those that are so against illegal immigration are CHICKEN SHITS. They are afraid of the competition. I mean come on, imagine the NBA without foreign players. Would it be more competitive? Would it be more entertaining? Hell no, it would SUCK. Bring em on, throw open the doors to anyone and everyone. North Carolina did it back in the 18th century, and I mean opened the doors to EVERYONE, pirates, murderers, those fleeing justice. The end result---we won the Revolutionary War. I am more than prepared to make the argument that without North Carolina's open border policy our ass would be singing God Save the Queen before every ballgame.

I'm not sure if you are trolling me or not, so I will end my contribution to this discussion here.

I stand by my position and I believe based on the election results and economic stress on the system that a very high number of Americans agree that illegal immigration has become unsustainable and in some cases a threat to National Security. I repeat for effect, I am not anti-immigrant, I am against illegal immigration.

First, you are mistaken as to the economic stress illegal immigration causes. It is an economic BOOST. Billions of dollars in Social Security taxes are paid by illegal immigrants. Billions of dollars are saved by American consumers due to the efforts of illegal immigrants. The absolute number one reason for the increase in college graduates is the influx of illegal immigrants and their work in the low-skilled labor market. The outflow of money sent by illegal immigrants has done more to keep inflation under control than any actions by the Federal Reserve.

And again, what is illegal immigration, immigration that the GOVERNMENT DOESN"T WANT? Hell, I got to tell you, a government qualified to pick and choose it's citizens is more than qualified to provide health care to those citizens. The conservative stance against illegal immigration is in direct conflict with their stance against "big government".
Illegal immigrants using medical, emergency rooms cost Americans money.
Illegal immigrants going to school cost Americans money.
Illegal immigrants going to College displace slots that should go to Americans.
Illegal immigrants spend their children welfare dollars, which is costing Americans money.
BTW those children Americans wouldn't exist if it weren't for their illegal parents spawning them for welfare benefits.

Let's take them one by one.

Illegal immigrants accessing health care costs American's money. Proof it. From where I sit, well those illegal immigrant contribute 1.5 billion dollars per year to Medicare and 7 billion dollars per year to Social Security and they get NOTHING. You are going to have to show me at least that much in health care spending before you can claim it is a net cost. But go ahead and start about half billion in the hole from Texas alone. Texas collects about a half billion dollars more than they spend on illegal immigrants.

http://www.bchealthcouncil.org/Resources/Documents/Myth-reality-final-march232010.pdf

Illegal immigrants going to school costs Americans money. Total bullshit. Children born in the United States are CITIZENS. And it is those citizens that are going to be funding your flippin Social Security check when you retire. The spending on their education is an investment that pays bigger dividends than any other form of government spending. One study indicated that the cost of providing a college education to an illegal immigrant at the in-state rate would be repaid within five years of graduation.

A Sizeable Return on Investment | Colorado Fiscal Institute

Illegal immigrants going to college displace American students. That's the chickenshit approach. College entrance is competitive. If Americans can't compete with the illegal immigrants it's the American's problem, not the illegal immigrant. As I have noted before, last week at the UNCC graduation ceremony I saw 79 masters in computer engineering awarded. Three were in-state, four were from other states and the other 72 were from foreign nations, mostly India and China but Iran and Egypt were also represented.

Finally, the welfare benefits. What a crock. You cannot count the spending that is directed towards the LEGAL CITIZENS within a household.

"These kids who get subsidized school lunches today will go on to graduate high school ... will go on to college and move up to the middle class of America," Linda Chavez, president of the Becoming American Institute, a conservative group that advocates for higher levels of legal immigration to reduce illegal immigration, told USA Today. "Every time we have a nativist backlash in our history, we forget that we see immigrants change very rapidly in the second generation.

Do immigrants receive more welfare money than natural born US citizens?

Like I said, it is those children that are going to funding your retirement.
We have the largest economy in the world, even with "illegal" immigration. Doesn't that "lay the blame" on Congress for lousy fiscal management? Why can we afford a drug war. How much does the drug war cost, when compared to illegal immigration?

Just absurd. 93% Of CNN and MSNBC stories against Trump were negative. You would get even less media bias supportive of Putin in Russia or some Depot in the Middle East. This is insanity. How can anyone justify this as "journalism"?

This is really scary and there needs to be more broad sources of media and news, this is comparable to Eastern Bloc propaganda. Hell even State owned and state infiltrated CBC wouldn't be this mean to Trump (and they've been quite openly biased against him).

Check out the chart regarding Trumps position on Immigration, 96% stories against his immigration policies were negative! 96%! The media is openly hostile towards Trump dealing with illegal immigration.

A major new study out of Harvard University has revealed the true extent of the mainstream media’s bias against Donald Trump.

Academics at the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy analyzed coverage from Trump’s first 100 days in office across 10 major TV and print outlets.

They found that the tone of some outlets was negative in as many as 98% of reports, significantly more hostile than the first 100 days of the three previous administrations:

That's what 24/7 cable news has brought us. They have "make up" news to fill it.
Where do news organizations find positive news about trump and his administration to report? Fake news?
You ever heard of "no news is good news?" I fondly recall the days when other things in the world were discussed on the news besides 1600 Pennsylvania.

Donald Trump who so wants to be just like OBama, is now proclaiming to be the most attacked president in all world history, never mind the shit Obama went through, this bitch in now number one when it comes to a president being treated unfairly....give me a fuckin break.....this orange fuck nazi, set himself on fire and is now whining because nobody wants to ever piss on stupid white ass. LOLOLO

That's what 24/7 cable news has brought us. They have "make up" news to fill it.
Where do news organizations find positive news about trump and his administration to report? Fake news?
You ever heard of "no news is good news?" I fondly recall the days when other things in the world were discussed on the news besides 1600 Pennsylvania.
I don't know that it's "made up," it is certainly repeated over and over for days and days. What is the excuse for the print media, though? That's where 99% of the cable networks get their news to report.

Donald Trump who so wants to be just like OBama, is now proclaiming to be the most attacked president in all world history, never mind the shit Obama went through, this bitch in now number one when it comes to a president being treated unfairly....give me a fuckin break.....this orange fuck nazi, set himself on fire and is now whining because nobody wants to ever piss on stupid white ass. LOLOLO
He can take comfort in being #1 though. Don't forget it's an HISTORIC attack. LOL

Trump and his spokespeople make foolish statements, lies, and pimp out misinformation every day. It would be irresponsible for a valid news organization to ignore these statements and efforts to confuse, muddy the issues, misinform and lie to the public.

Most of the stories on Osama Bin Laden were also negative. Hence, by your standards, the media treated Osama Bin Laden unfairly.

Being that Trump is such a corrupt failure, the media would only be biased if they didn't report on Trump negatively.

Actually I would bet there were probably some networks with an even HIGHER percentage of positive stories about Bin Laden.

96% negative in regards to his immigration policies. Yeah, some people are really uninterested in the saying "power to the people". America is a Republic in which you elect your leaders, he ran on policies in a transparent and open manner and was elected. Those who don't like it believe their opinion matters more than the election results.

Surely there are redeeming qualities in Trumps policies and decisions that surpass single digits. Especially in regards to media coverage, which shouldn't be subjective.

Get a grip snowflake. His immigration policy, not policies, has been a total disaster. His first EO was struck down, his second revamped EO has been struck down and his immigration department is not deporting criminals, they are deporting illegals that are voluntarily reporting as they have been told to do. Can you show me a murder that he has deported? Hell, how about someone with a DWI? No, instead he deports mothers and fathers of legal American citizens that are voluntarily reporting. Where I come from, they call that cowardice.

You're quite hostile. Why do you refer to me as a snowflake? I've been to hell and back and still run uphill better than most walk downhill.

Furthermore, the bottom line is, where are the reports from the news media about the HARM that illegal immigrants pose? How about the cost? How about the disregard for the Rule of Law? Or maybe an interview with some immigrants who went through the legal channels and are still stuck in the system while some criminal simply walks across the border.

Whether you agree with his EO's or not, you have 11 million illegal immigrants. The cost is over $100B a year to handle this, that's a trillion over a decade while legal immigrants and citizens are shortchanged. Schools, assistance programs, job help for youth. Not to mention crime that wouldn't have existed if someone hadn't snuck in. You get the picture.

I am calling you a snowflake because you can't handle a little criticism for the great Trump. And I am sorry, but there is NO COST to illegal immigration. Almost every economist worth two shits will tell you that illegal immigration is actually a net positive for the US economy. That hundred billion you are spouting, damn near all of it is directed to AMERICAN CITIZENS. Children born in the United States to illegal immigrants.

There is also another real fact in illegal immigration and that is the biggest profitiers off their labor, is corporate and small business america. Wall Street welcomes thier business.....Corporations cater to them by incorporating spanish in all their business venues and small business owners hire them for cheap labor to enhance profits....and who suffers, the most, regardless of their contributions to our economy, its low income communities and low wage jobs., that are no longer available for teens during the summer. Number one reason crime goes up, when schools let out...kids don't have job opportunities, especially in black low income areas.

I see it for what it is. Research their owners and their philosophies. They will create "news" to support their agendas. They also get some butter for doing it in the form of grants from some individuals, if they will support their agenda.
I don't know that it's "made up," it is certainly repeated over and over for days and days. What is the excuse for the print media, though? That's where 99% of the cable networks get their news to report.

I see it for what it is. Research their owners and their philosophies. They will create "news" to support their agendas. They also get some butter for doing it in the form of grants from some individuals, if they will support their agenda.
What is the "made up news" of the day? What news is being made up or overly reported about the trump russiagate scandal?

I don't know. Haven't looked today.
What is the "made up news" of the day? What news is being made up or overly reported about the trump russiagate scandal?

Trump and his spokespeople make foolish statements, lies, and pimp out misinformation every day. It would be irresponsible for a valid news organization to ignore these statements and efforts to confuse, muddy the issues, misinform and lie to the public.
I agree it would be irresponsible for valid news organizations to ignore actual statements full of "alternative facts" and contradictory efforts to confuse, deflect and muddy the waters. But even NYT and Time and WaPo are going beyond that in tone to outright ridicule and ad hominem attacks that are actually neither here nor there. Add to that the constant buzz about criminal charges like obstruction of justice and the "I" word. IMO, it's moved beyond responsible. I hoped the Special Counsel would calm things down. It just seems to get worse.
LOL. If I were Trump, I'd stay in Saudi Arabia where they treat him like the King he wishes to be!

Just absurd. 93% Of CNN and MSNBC stories against Trump were negative. You would get even less media bias supportive of Putin in Russia or some Depot in the Middle East. This is insanity. How can anyone justify this as "journalism"?

This is really scary and there needs to be more broad sources of media and news, this is comparable to Eastern Bloc propaganda. Hell even State owned and state infiltrated CBC wouldn't be this mean to Trump (and they've been quite openly biased against him).

Check out the chart regarding Trumps position on Immigration, 96% stories against his immigration policies were negative! 96%! The media is openly hostile towards Trump dealing with illegal immigration.

A major new study out of Harvard University has revealed the true extent of the mainstream media’s bias against Donald Trump.

Academics at the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy analyzed coverage from Trump’s first 100 days in office across 10 major TV and print outlets.

They found that the tone of some outlets was negative in as many as 98% of reports, significantly more hostile than the first 100 days of the three previous administrations:
How often does a "professional politician" criticize the press?

The entire increase, and more, is due to the arrest of individuals WITHOUT CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS. Dude show up at a government office, reports like he has been told to do, and then they ARREST HIM. What a bunch of pussies. And let me let you in on the real truth.

I guess you like using inaccurate words. Nobody is arrested for being an illegal immigrant. They are detained and deported. Arrested indicates they are booked into jail on a crime. And as liberals have told us time and time again, being an illegal is civil, not criminal so you don't get arrested for it. Detained and deported, yes, arrested, no.

So make up your mind, is it civil or criminal to swim the river to get here? If it's criminal, lock 'em up. If civil, deport them.

Who said I was anti immigration? I am supportive of immigration, but it should be based on a nations need and it needs to be done through the authority of the government. If I knocked on your door and walked into your home uninvited would you find that acceptable?

What level of illegal immigration is acceptable to you? 50 million, 150 million? How about those who don't pay taxes but benefit from the system? You see how it works when the state doesn't set the number of immigrants to accept each year, you are in the dark about what is reasonable, needed or even desired.

Done through the authority of the government. Do you have any idea how STUPID that sounds? I mean I don't get it. Conservatives will tell you the government screws up everything it gets involved in. Health care, the government screws it up. Education, the government screws it up. But immigration, well damn, the government has the ability to PICK AND CHOOSE who comes in. That is FUBARED.

And yes, it is totally un-american. This nation was established with open borders. This nation was one of the ONLY nations to establish Jus Solis. And for good reason. The founders knew that a nation that could pick and choose it's citizens is a nation destined for despotism.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Freedom of movement is an integral part of the "pursuit of happiness", and note, the DOI claims that ALL MEN have those rights, not just those fortunate enough to be American citizens.

The hard reality--those that are so against illegal immigration are CHICKEN SHITS. They are afraid of the competition. I mean come on, imagine the NBA without foreign players. Would it be more competitive? Would it be more entertaining? Hell no, it would SUCK. Bring em on, throw open the doors to anyone and everyone. North Carolina did it back in the 18th century, and I mean opened the doors to EVERYONE, pirates, murderers, those fleeing justice. The end result---we won the Revolutionary War. I am more than prepared to make the argument that without North Carolina's open border policy our ass would be singing God Save the Queen before every ballgame.

I'm not sure if you are trolling me or not, so I will end my contribution to this discussion here.

I stand by my position and I believe based on the election results and economic stress on the system that a very high number of Americans agree that illegal immigration has become unsustainable and in some cases a threat to National Security. I repeat for effect, I am not anti-immigrant, I am against illegal immigration.

First, you are mistaken as to the economic stress illegal immigration causes. It is an economic BOOST. Billions of dollars in Social Security taxes are paid by illegal immigrants. Billions of dollars are saved by American consumers due to the efforts of illegal immigrants. The absolute number one reason for the increase in college graduates is the influx of illegal immigrants and their work in the low-skilled labor market. The outflow of money sent by illegal immigrants has done more to keep inflation under control than any actions by the Federal Reserve.

And again, what is illegal immigration, immigration that the GOVERNMENT DOESN"T WANT? Hell, I got to tell you, a government qualified to pick and choose it's citizens is more than qualified to provide health care to those citizens. The conservative stance against illegal immigration is in direct conflict with their stance against "big government".
Illegal immigrants spend their children welfare dollars, which is costing Americans money.
BTW those children Americans wouldn't exist if it weren't for their illegal parents spawning them for welfare benefits.

Illegal immigrants accessing health care costs American's money. Proof it. From where I sit, well those illegal immigrant contribute 1.5 billion dollars per year to Medicare and 7 billion dollars per year to Social Security and they get NOTHING. You are going to have to show me at least that much in health care spending before you can claim it is a net cost. But go ahead and start about half billion in the hole from Texas alone. Texas collects about a half billion dollars more than they spend on illegal immigrants.

http://www.bchealthcouncil.org/Resources/Documents/Myth-reality-final-march232010.pdf
Illegals with jobs do pay payroll taxes. Taxes that would be paid for by Americans if they hadn't taken their jobs. Money spent on unemployed Americans should also play a part in calculating cost of illegals.
Illegal immigrants going to school costs Americans money. Total bullshit. Children born in the United States are CITIZENS. And it is those citizens that are going to be funding your flippin Social Security check when you retire. The spending on their education is an investment that pays bigger dividends than any other form of government spending. One study indicated that the cost of providing a college education to an illegal immigrant at the in-state rate would be repaid within five years of graduation.

Illegal immigrants going to college displace American students. That's the chickenshit approach. College entrance is competitive. If Americans can't compete with the illegal immigrants it's the American's problem, not the illegal immigrant. As I have noted before, last week at the UNCC graduation ceremony I saw 79 masters in computer engineering awarded. Three were in-state, four were from other states and the other 72 were from foreign nations, mostly India and China but Iran and Egypt were also represented.
College Admissions purposely turn their nose at more qualified Americans at Colleges and displace them with lower scoring illegals through the use of quotas. These illegals then take their degrees and steal higher level jobs from Americans.

Citizenship should not be a birth right to those not born of American citizens.
Finally, the welfare benefits. What a crock. You cannot count the spending that is directed towards the LEGAL CITIZENS within a household.
legal citizens who might not be getting welfare and have real jobs if the illegals hadn't taken the jobs.
"These kids who get subsidized school lunches today will go on to graduate high school ... will go on to college and move up to the middle class of America," Linda Chavez, president of the Becoming American Institute, a conservative group that advocates for higher levels of legal immigration to reduce illegal immigration, told USA Today. "Every time we have a nativist backlash in our history, we forget that we see immigrants change very rapidly in the second generation.

They steal jobs from Americans.

My favorite argument against immigrating too many people legal or illegal -->

I'm shocked shocked I tell you.
moana_yikes_a8ef4b4b.gif

Trump made his own bed and now he has to sleep in it.

No sense blaming the media. They just report the news.

Trump is the newsmaker.

Illegals with jobs do pay payroll taxes. Taxes that would be paid for by Americans if they hadn't taken their jobs. Money spent on unemployed Americans should also play a part in calculating cost of illegals.

College Admissions purposely turn their nose at more qualified Americans at Colleges and displace them with lower scoring illegals through the use of quotas. These illegals then take their degrees and steal higher level jobs from Americans.

Citizenship should not be a birth right to those not born of American citizens.
legal citizens who might not be getting welfare and have real jobs if the illegals hadn't taken the jobs.

They steal jobs from Americans.

My favorite argument against immigrating too many people legal or illegal -->

That was one hell of a gumball strawman. Who said taking one million illegal immigrants was somehow good for the world, or good for humanity, or is somehow going to change the demographics of the whole world? Nobody that I ever heard of. I want one million illegal immigrants because it is GOOD FOR US.

I don't care how you get here. Legal, illegal--your little gumball exhibitionist fallacy spouting dude got one thing right, we get the best of the world. Seriously, if you thought you were the baddest ass point guard in the entire world would you be trolling the European leagues or gunning for the NBA? So we don't get the poor living on less than two dollars a day, we get the high class poor, we get the motivated and the stats on second generation Americans more than bear that out.

How did we get to be the greatest nation on earth? By allowing the government to pick and choose our citizens? By setting quotas, high for some type of people and low for others? No, the exact opposite. If you had the fortitude and guts to get here, the you became US. The end result, at the beginning of WWI the average American was almost six inches taller than the average European. When the 92nd Infantry showed up, forged through generational slavery, they scared the bejesus out of friend and foe.

Forum List

Back