Half the country thinks a civil war is likely

How would the criminals know whether I was lying or not about not having any guns?

Why would you hang such a sign unless you were an anti-gun nut? The point is that us being allowed to be in possession of a firearm, and more importantly the legal right to use it in self-defense is one of the reasons you can feel safe at home.

Years ago when our state was discussing CCW's, I was in a local blog (Topix) and got into a conversation with somebody against it. He asked me why I want to see the legislation passed. I said for a number of reasons, but the top one is my elderly mother. She lives alone and never drove a car in her life. She walks to the stores and church, and she enjoys the exercise. He then asked if CCW's became law in our state, would my elderly mother carry a gun? To that I replied no she wouldn't, but the criminal doesn't know that.

My interest in guns came about after my apartment was broken into and they stole my VCR. I knew who did it, but the police couldn't do anything without evidence. It was people associated with another tenant here. They kept coming around after the tenant got kicked out, and I just played stupid. One day when they came over, I showed them my new gun that I got. It was a revolver. I told them I can't wait until the people that broke into my apartment come back, because this time I'm painting the walls with their blood. Then I started to twirl the gun in circles on my finger. They freaked out. They thought I was nuts. They never came back since.

After seeing how we could not defeat the Afgans in gorilla warfare and how Russia is having trouble with Ukraine, I am glad that Americans are so well armed.

Or if China ever successfully invaded. Good luck dealing with a well armed resistance.

Or if Trump wins again and then steals the 2028 election for his son, I'll be glad I'm so well armed.

View attachment 658794
1) I would be more concerned with being kidnapped by space aliens than a Chinese invasion of the USA.
2) The chances of Donald Trump being elected President in 2024 are even less than me being kidnapped by space aliens.

P.S. Donald Trump JR is not fit to be elected dog catcher.

If a Civil War really does break out, there will be no winners. Because the country would never be the same again. The American way of life would be just a memory. And your fantasy of two separate countries, one for Republicans and one for Democrats is just that: A FANTASY. The powers that be will never allow this country to be divided like that.

That would hinge on the movement of the people. If a huge majority would approve of a divided country, that's what we would work towards. When the topic comes up, Republicans are either for such a possibility or at least consider it. Every Democrat and liberal are against it. Democrats can't live without us Republicans because they know what an all Democrat government would look like. You think it's bad now?

As for myself I can't think of anything better than never have to put up with liberal BS ever again. If it means moving to another state to do so, I'd be willing to move just to get away from them and never have to deal with them again. Life would be great.

So basically, the privates have no say right? So who decides if the government is tyranical? I think the next time Republicans try to take over the country they will have first appointed or replaced enough generals to go along.

Anyways, my point is this. Who are the guys in the military who decide? It's the top guys. Are these guys globalists? RINO's? Non political I hope? Because if a bunch of them were Trumpsters, they might have helped him with his coup attempt.

If anything the military should have rushed the Capitol to help the police with the mob. They should have killed every last person there then raised the American flag atop the mountain of dead bodies

View attachment 658769

Unfortunately they couldn't get the military there quick enough, and Piglosi told the Capital police chief to refuse Trump's offer to have the national guard there at the beginning of the day before anybody even showed up. She was hoping something like this would happen for political gain.

As for gunning everybody down, I know how you feel. That's what I wish the police would have done to the Floyd rioters before they caused billions of dollars in damages and the harm they brought to police and innocent people.

That sounds like a recipe for Marshell Law to be put in place.
It won't be pretty if that happens.
What is your ultimate goal? To overthrow the government? A coup d' tau?

Let's be clear: what I can see as stated in post #147 as possibly happening is NOT my goal, ultimate or otherwise. In fact I hope none of that happens, but I do think this country is headed in that direction. And you're right, it won't be pretty. Martial law in some places could very well happen, as it has in the past.

Why would you hang such a sign unless you were an anti-gun nut? The point is that us being allowed to be in possession of a firearm, and more importantly the legal right to use it in self-defense is one of the reasons you can feel safe at home.

Years ago when our state was discussing CCW's, I was in a local blog (Topix) and got into a conversation with somebody against it. He asked me why I want to see the legislation passed. I said for a number of reasons, but the top one is my elderly mother. She lives alone and never drove a car in her life. She walks to the stores and church, and she enjoys the exercise. He then asked if CCW's became law in our state, would my elderly mother carry a gun? To that I replied no she wouldn't, but the criminal doesn't know that.

My interest in guns came about after my apartment was broken into and they stole my VCR. I knew who did it, but the police couldn't do anything without evidence. It was people associated with another tenant here. They kept coming around after the tenant got kicked out, and I just played stupid. One day when they came over, I showed them my new gun that I got. It was a revolver. I told them I can't wait until the people that broke into my apartment come back, because this time I'm painting the walls with their blood. Then I started to twirl the gun in circles on my finger. They freaked out. They thought I was nuts. They never came back since.
Thanks for sharing your story. Would you encourage your Mom to carry a gun?

Unfortunately they couldn't get the military there quick enough, and Piglosi told the Capital police chief to refuse Trump's offer to have the national guard there at the beginning of the day before anybody even showed up. She was hoping something like this would happen for political gain.

As for gunning everybody down, I know how you feel. That's what I wish the police would have done to the Floyd rioters before they caused billions of dollars in damages and the harm they brought to police and innocent people.
You wanted the George Floyd protesters killed? What about the Jan 6th insurrectionists?

2) The chances of Donald Trump being elected President in 2024 are even less than me being kidnapped by space aliens.

I wouldn't bet any money on that if I were you, assuming he decides to run.

P.S. Donald Trump JR is not fit to be elected dog catcher.

I sincerely hope DJT jr does not run for prez, or any of the other Trumps. For that matter, I'd be pleased if the GOP nominee was someone else rather the DJT himself. IMHO, his policies are good for this country but his personality isn't.

Consider maybe that's why I'm not convincing you with my logic.
Oh, no, that's not it. I was raised a poor black child. Seriously, I was. I wouldn't even be here right now if it wasn't for Nanny Anderson. She saved my life, multiple times. I am very, very grateful

You got it backwards. You're like Trump. Or, you guys are like Trump. I can show you all the evidence that Florida and Ohio were stolen, that DIEBOLD voting machines were hacked, that Democratic votes were tossed, that dead Republicans voted twice, that they rioted to stop the recount and had it sent to the Republican Supreme Court.

Yes I called it Republican because clearly conservative judges legislate from the bench.

Anyways, have you heard how Trump's own people would explain to him in great detail how AZ wasn't stolen. And rather than accept those facts, he just moves on to lies about Michigan. When his staff debunks the MI lies, he just moves on to the next state he lost. Eventually he circles around and starts lying about AZ again.

This is very typical of you Republicans.

It had nothing to do with any Republican Supreme court.

The commies in the Florida state court changed the law on the bench. The Florida law states all ballots must be turned in and certified in seven days. If you want a recount, fine, have a recount, but have the ballots turned in and certified in seven days. That's their law. The judges in the Florida court said this is our buddy Al Gore, and Al Gore doesn't have to listen to any laws. He can recount for as long as he wants!

When the case made it to the Supreme Court, the justices sent it back to the Florida courts asking them WTF did they think they were doing? That's when they had to give up.

Past Conspiracy Theories

Remember the swirl of stories around Diebold Election Systems and its CEO, Walden O’Dell, in 2004? O’Dell was an Ohio resident who held a fundraiser at his home for President Bush and wrote a fundraising letter promising to help “Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year.” Some took him too literally, claiming that Bush “stole” Ohio’s electoral votes and the 2004 election.

But even the liberal New York Times editorial board waved off that conspiracy theory as nonsense. There were some glitches, as expected, with the machines on Election Day, but, as the Times wrote, there was “no evidence of vote theft or errors on a large scale.”​

I wouldn't bet any money on that if I were you, assuming he decides to run.

I sincerely hope DJT jr does not run for prez, or any of the other Trumps. For that matter, I'd be pleased if the GOP nominee was someone else rather the DJT himself. IMHO, his policies are good for this country but his personality isn't.

Agreed. I want him around though, if for no other reason than to annoy the Democrats. He has a great mouth, he should be Speaker of the House. :p

A majority of Republicans (52%) also say it’s likely that “there will be a civil war in the United States in [their] lifetime”; half of independents (50%) and a plurality of Democrats (46%) agree. In each group, fewer than 4 in 10 say another civil war is unlikely.

And perhaps most unsettling of all, only about half of Americans are willing to rule out “physical violence” (50%) and “taking up arms against the government” (47%) when asked if there are times when such measures “would be justified in order to protect the country from radical extremists.” About a quarter of Americans say that violence (26%) and taking up arms (23%) could be justified.

These tendencies, it’s worth noting, are particularly pronounced on the right — as Jan. 6 itself demonstrated. Nearly 8 in 10 Trump voters (79%) say “limiting free speech” is off-limits as a method to protect the country from radical extremists; 65% say the same about “protesting outside personal residences of government officials.” Yet only 39% reject taking up arms against the government in such situations — and nearly as many (31%) say it could be justified.

Just 15% of Biden voters agree.

I think that 15% number of Biden voters will change their opinion if Trump gets elected in 2024.

But this is scary shit IMHO, that ought not to be ignored. It won't be a geographical thing like the original Civil War was with the North against the South, it'll likely be more localized with different factions attacking one another in the streets and maybe not just in the major cities either. Wish I could see a way forward that is peaceful, but I don't. I think we're too divided and becoming more so.

Note: this poll is the same one that Votto posted a thread on, concerning the end of democracy.

This thread focuses more on the possibility of violence and a new civil war.

So how are you planning on dividing this up?

Is it going to be the coastal states vs. the interior?

Florida will outflank the coastal states.

So how are you planning on dividing this up?

Is it going to be the coastal states vs. the interior?

Florida will outflank the coastal states.

Maybe you misunderstood this line in my post:

It won't be a geographical thing like the original Civil War was with the North against the South, it'll likely be more localized with different factions attacking one another in the streets and maybe not just in the major cities either.

It isn't going to be some states vs other states, it's going to people in the same city or state against other people in the same city or state. We've already seen a taste of it in places like Seattle or Portland where opposing forces square off against each other while the cops are ordered to stand down.

Maybe you misunderstood this line in my post:

It won't be a geographical thing like the original Civil War was with the North against the South, it'll likely be more localized with different factions attacking one another in the streets and maybe not just in the major cities either.

It isn't going to be some states vs other states, it's going to people in the same city or state against other people in the same city or state. We've already seen a taste of it in places like Seattle or Portland where opposing forces square off against each other while the cops are ordered to stand down.

Does not sound like a conventional war.

Each side would need land...and factories...and harbors...and foreign trade...and hot sexy women to seduce the enemy.

Forum List

Back