hail ceasar

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
wait for it to come out on tv....it was just really bad...and i like old movies so i got a lot of the
stuff going on...it was just bad....the acting was bad....the story line was bad....it was just a mess of a lot of things....ending up being nothing

wait for it to come out on tv....it was just really bad...and i like old movies so i got a lot of the
stuff going on...it was just bad....the acting was bad....the story line was bad....it was just a mess of a lot of things....ending up being nothing
Apparently they picked the funnier parts for commercials then...

i have no seen the commercials.....and it did get 83 percent on rottentomatoes....but it was not that funny...you keep thinking something is going to happen but it just doesnt....now in all fairness....i like the coen brothers a lot...not a big clooney fan ...brolin was a bit weird...

Medved liked it well enough. Not a great flick but not bad either and rather courageous of the Coen brothers to not paint the communism of Hollywood in the day in a favorable light like most modern movies do like Trumbo.

trumbo? it just fell flat for me and i had high hopes for it....
I thought it was done well, I like those kinds of movies. I call them movies for grownups, unlike all the comic book, fantasy stuff cobbled together by special effects. They do sugar coat the communism aspect though. It was a real threat but to their credit they did include a guy that asked Trumbo how he reconciled his communist views with his well payed lavish lifestyle.

i just didnt enjoy or find it amusing .....the musical scene was good...the take off on ester williams was just too confused...as for being a grown up movie...perhaps you have to be old to get a lot of the references...still a waste even at senior rates....it is one of my least films by the coen brothers and i have seen 'blood simple'

It looks like one of those movies where we're just supposed to be thrilled by the fact that all these stars are together in one movie.

Forum List

Back