Haiku Moments

Books, Eric Arthur Blair? What do you write about? Just curious.
My arteries aren't really particularly rigid, as far as I know. I play tennis three times a week and do other exercise on the off days. I am in acceptable health not that things don't crop up.

My books? When my children were younger I actually wrote a book for them trying to capitalize on the Harry Potter craze called "Ellis Apple and the Possibility Machine". Their enthusiasm for it was underwhelming. My daughter was working for a women who was an actual working author and I tried to get her to push my novel (in a tasteful unobtrusive way) but she wouldn't cooperate. "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have an ungrateful child."

I actually have considered self publishing a book of humorous short stories and essays and even considered a coffee table book of haikus for the modern world. I haven't been able to convince myself the effort would have any reward.
I've done some free lance work in the past and I enjoy composing and stringing words together.

I enjoyed writing for you. Thanks for the post.
Thank you. I apologize, but I took your "arteries are hard" statement as fact, because my dear grandfather passed away due to hardening of his arteries, and I have symptoms from time to time of ankles swelling.

Thank you again for kind words.

He wrote The Golden Compass. The movie starred Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman.
Not a fan of fiction really.
I didn't see the "Golden Compass" movie, but may order it now. I did become very fond of Russell Crowe's "Master and Commander" which is one of the few movies I actually watched in video form more than twice. I enjoyed the music made by him and his associate ship intellectual guy (not sure of his title) who sailed the ship and made notes of unique animals and insects on sea and land, the first time I'd seen anything about entomologists/naturalists of such wonderful interest. It could have been historical fiction or the real deal, I'm not certain, but it was interesting because I'm such an enthusiast for butterflies, birds, and sea creatures if you've ever been to "The Garage" and seen my threads/posts on ornithology, lepidoptera, and Ocean creatures, you'd know why I loved that particular film and its music as well, from a lifetime of singing in the church choir and community chorales, wherever life took my family and me. Now, I just do Karaoke as a community commitment to contemporary music, although I greatly miss classical chorale music very much. After having pneumonia for almost all of last year, my voice suffered and is no longer of pure quality as before, as my lung integrity deteriorated it seems after all that coughing wore down throat and lung linings.
th

I didn't see the "Golden Compass" movie, but may order it now. I did become very fond of Russell Crowe's "Master and Commander" which is one of the few movies I actually watched in video form more than twice. I enjoyed the music made by him and his associate ship intellectual guy (not sure of his title) who sailed the ship and made notes of unique animals and insects on sea and land, the first time I'd seen anything about entomologists/naturalists of such wonderful interest. It could have been historical fiction or the real deal, I'm not certain, but it was interesting because I'm such an enthusiast for butterflies, birds, and sea creatures if you've ever been to "The Garage" and seen my threads/posts on ornithology, lepidoptera, and Ocean creatures, you'd know why I loved that particular film and its music as well, from a lifetime of singing in the church choir and community chorales, wherever life took my family and me. Now, I just do Karaoke as a community commitment to contemporary music, although I greatly miss classical chorale music very much. After having pneumonia for almost all of last year, my voice suffered and is no longer of pure quality as before, as my lung integrity deteriorated it seems after all that coughing wore down throat and lung linings.
th

Pneumonia? For a year?

The Golden Compass movie was not rated highly. And although I'm not a fan of Pullman, (he wrote fantasy for children) I think the BBC version is very good. No expense spared, lavish to watch, it's also showing on PBS; which I'm sure you get.

th

Pneumonia? For a year?

The Golden Compass movie was not rated highly. And although I'm not a fan of Pullman, (he wrote fantasy for children) I think the BBC version is very good. No expense spared, lavish to watch, it's also showing on PBS; which I'm sure you get.
Yep. It started 3 days after receiving a pneumonia vaccine shot. I'll never take another.

The haiku formula is five syllables, followed by seven and then five again.
You are missing two syllables in the second verse.

The food was greasy,
but it filled me. That's vital.
Pepto for desert.

baby boy quilt top
waiting completion upstairs
sewing machine blues

th

^^^light blue bing images quilt led to sale site for quilts^^^​

Forum List

Back