H a p p y k w a n z a !

Especially when they're pulled out of the 90° frozen fields under a foot of summer snow. :thup:

Right Bull?

Whoopsies. I'm tinydancer pogo.

But you know what.................90 degrees and a foot of snow is not that crazy out here. :lol:

It's freaking mental to try to grow anything. I swear I must be a masochist. I'm putting in my seed orders as we speak.

Another year of hell in the garden. :eusa_angel:

And I'll turn around at the end of it going......."that was fun". I must be nuts.

Nah, you're Canadian. Subtle difference.

I know who you are Sweets, I was tossing an aside to the OP for this:
Kwanzaa is a Swahili word that means "first" and signifies the first fruits of the harvest. From December 26 to January 1. Kinda late for a harvest since most of the fields are frozen solid under a foot of snow. :lol:

Snow at 90 degrees. Racism hoist with own petard :lmao:

Hides her head. 10 months of winter and two months of bad skating.

:eusa_angel:

Speaking of which, just to give this butthurter a spankin'....

The name "Kwanzaa" derives from the Swahili term "matunda yakwanza," or "first fruit," and the festival's trappings, as noted above, all have Swahili names. But Swahili is an East African language, whereas the slaves who were brought to North America came from West Africa. In other words, Swahili has no historical relevance whatsoever for American blacks. Karenga nonetheless elected to build his holiday around Swahili terms because Swahili was the trendy language in the Black Power movement during the 1960s.

Kiswahili is and has been a popular consensus choice for a general "pan-African" language. Africa has well over a thousand indigenous languages, so mutual intelligibility is an issue. Common ground is found in the colonial languages English and French, and to a lesser extent Portuguese and Dutch, but those are all European. Kiswahili, being a significant linguistic population, is in the group of Bantu languages, which stretch the southern half of the continent -- the orange area here:

African_language_families_en.svg

That Swahili was unlikely to be spoken by the West Africans enslaved and sent here is moot; those slaves would have already come from different areas that might be linguistically mutually unintelligible even within West Africa. This is where pidgin develops. Listen to the singer Fela Anikulapo Kuti (a Yoruba from Nigeria); he doesn't sing that way because he's ignorant (he was highly educated in England); he uses a pidgin English to communicate with other Africans for whom Yoruba or even standard English might not be intelligible. Just as the Voice of America broadcasts in 'special English' (simplified and slowly read) for those who might not have English as a first language. So the choice of Kiswahili is all about finding common ground.

It's just interesting that some butthurtnick would begrudge them that.

We've already got Yoruba words in our language anyway -- jazz for one. Funky for another.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLh9yQE640k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLh9yQE640k[/ame]

Fela Kuti singing in pidgin English​

Last edited:
So... harvesting fruit at the beginning of summer "can't work" and "spits in the face of America"... :eusa_shifty:

Ya learn so much in this jernt.

And ya didn't have to borrow from Barry's shylocks to learn it either!

The best things in life are free when ya got an EBT card eh, pogo? :badgrin:

I don't need a card to know there ain't no snow in Tanzania in summer, do I?

I'm sure you want Boop and a couple other airheads to think that's your "gotcha moment"....but see, they don't have kwanzaa in tanzania. They got kwanzaa in Denver, and Chicago, and Detroit, and Cleveland, and Pittsburgh.....gettin the picture yet, fool? Tell me what ya harvest at the end of December around those cities....c'mon Boop is counting on ya (and secretly thinking "that pogo is thick as a brick, but he's my brick so I'll keep thanking him".

"ground frozen solid under a foot of snow"....comprende? :disbelief:

Last edited:
One old white lady knows more about you than you do.

Karenga. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that son of a bitch.

I'm not black. Nice try though

American? That's what I thought. If you are American you don't know your own history. Karenga went after the Panthers big time man.

This guy who tries to play all nicey nicey now in the sandbox.

The original panthers were awesome baby.

The original black panthers were fucking communists and cowards. They burned Detroit down....2,200 buildings....Any still alive should be gutted with a Buck knife on pay per view.. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
And ya didn't have to borrow from Barry's shylocks to learn it either!

The best things in life are free when ya got an EBT card eh, pogo? :badgrin:

I'm sure you want Boop and a couple other airheads to think that's your "gotcha moment"....but see, they don't have kwanzaa in tanzania. They got kwanzaa in Denver, and Chicago, and Detroit, and Cleveland, and Pittsburgh.....gettin the picture yet, fool? Tell me what ya harvest at the end of December around those cities....c'mon Boop is counting on ya (and secretly thinking "that pogo is thick as a brick, but he's my brick so I'll keep thanking him".

Kwanzaa is a Swahili word that means "first" and signifies the first fruits of the harvest. From December 26 to January 1. Kinda late for a harvest since most of the fields are frozen solid under a foot of snow.

And Swahili is spoken ..... where again? Iceland?

Gonna be cold in Dar es Salaam tonight. Plummeting to 76. Snowplows will be running. Now that summer's here.
chasseneige.gif

:dig:

yer diggin' in the wrong direction btw. Or as we call it around here, "Wednesday".

Last edited:

And Swahili is spoken ..... where again?

Gonna be cold in Dar es Salaam tonight. Plummeting to 76. Snowplows will be running. Now that summer's here.
chasseneige.gif

:lol: Give it up fool....Chevrolet is a french word....how many speak it in the cities I mentioned? You're an idiot.....we get it....and it's Christmas so I won't report you for trolling and spamming my thread....tomorrow will be a different story. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

And Swahili is spoken ..... where again?

chasseneige.gif

:lol: Give it up fool....Chevrolet is a french word....how many speak it in the cities I mentioned? You're an idiot.....we get it....and it's Christmas so I won't report you for trolling and spamming my thread....tomorrow will be a different story. :eusa_hand:

Right, because naming your product after yourself is just like a pan-African cultural movement.
Alrighty then...

Kwanzaa is a Swahili word that means "first" and signifies the first fruits of the harvest. From December 26 to January 1. Kinda late for a harvest since most of the fields are frozen solid under a foot of snow.

chasseneige.gif

yer diggin' in the wrong direction btw. Or as we call it around here, "Wednesday".

Where are the people in Dar es Salaam who celebrate Kwanzaa? :blsmile:

chasseneige.gif

Where are the people in Dar es Salaam who speak Swahili?
Oh that's right -- everywhere.

Where does the word that means "first fruit" come from?
Oh that's right -- the frozen 90 degree tundra.

duh_shirts-r156e0c0cf44f42a9a0a5284ac8ca04ca_804gs_324.jpg

chasseneige.gif

duh_shirts-r156e0c0cf44f42a9a0a5284ac8ca04ca_804gs_324.jpg
That wasn't my question. I know people in Africa speak Swahili

Where are the people in Dar es Salaam who celebrate Kwanzaa?

I'm just curious, since you brought up Tanzania in the first place. I wasn't aware Kwanzaa was celebrated there. Perhaps you can provide some links to that affect. I always though Kwanzaa was made up by the Black Panthers in the 70s. I didn't realize it was a Tanzanian tradition:lol:

chasseneige.gif

WTF does this have to do with kwanzaa.....Dar es Salam? You lost this before you climbed through the ropes....yeah, the ones with the attention-span of a fruitfly left thinking you'd beat the Bull....little do they know you got the horn. :lol:

Kwanzaa is a Swahili word that means "first" and signifies the first fruits of the harvest. From December 26 to January 1. Kinda late for a harvest since most of the fields are frozen solid under a foot of snow. :lol:

Weather for Dar es Salaam (random city in Swahililand): Hi of 90 low 79 next two days, 77 after tomorrow. Rain.

Snow? Not found. Frozen fields? uh-uh. First fruits? Plenty.

:stupid:

Also one Iceman, trying desperately to set up a strawman. Not working out. Prolly too hot for him.

Last edited:
Statement by the President and First Lady on Kwanzaa
The White House:

Michelle and I send our warmest wishes to all those celebrating Kwanzaa this holiday season. Today marks the beginning of the week-long celebration honoring African American heritage and culture through the seven principles of Kwanzaa -- unity, self determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith.

Ain't that precious? :badgrin:

Many of you may not know who Kwanza founder Maulana Karenga is: (from wiki)

December2007_img_9-300x273.jpg

In 1971, Karenga was sentenced to one to ten years in prison on counts of felonious assault and false imprisonment. One of the victims gave testimony of how Karenga and other men tortured her and another woman. The woman described having been stripped and beaten with an electrical cord. Karenga's estranged wife, Brenda Lorraine Karenga, testified that she sat on the other woman’s stomach while another man forced water and detergent into her mouth through a hose.

A May 14, 1971, article in the Los Angeles Times described the testimony of one of the women:

"Deborah Jones, who once was given the Swahili title of an African queen, said she and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothes. She testified that a hot soldering iron was placed in Miss Davis' mouth and placed against Miss Davis' face and that one of her own big toes was tightened in a vise. Karenga, head of US, also put detergent and running hoses in their mouths, she said. They also were hit on the heads with toasters."

Jones and Brenda Karenga testified that Karenga believed the women were conspiring to poison him, which Davis has attributed to a combination of ongoing police pressure and his own drug abuse.

Karenga denied any involvement in the torture, and argued that the prosecution was political in nature.[5][18] He was imprisoned at the California Men's Colony, where he studied and wrote on feminism, Pan-Africanism and other subjects. The US organization fell into disarray during his absence and was disbanded in 1974. After he petitioned several black state officials to support his parole on fair sentencing grounds, it was granted in 1975.

Karenga was also a person of interest in the murder of at least 4 black panthers in a turf fight for the "black studies" program at UCLA.

Now read Barry's statement at the top again. :lol:

Shakazooloo right back to ya!!

Statement by the President and First Lady on Kwanzaa
The White House:

Michelle and I send our warmest wishes to all those celebrating Kwanzaa this holiday season. Today marks the beginning of the week-long celebration honoring African American heritage and culture through the seven principles of Kwanzaa -- unity, self determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith.

Ain't that precious? :badgrin:

Many of you may not know who Kwanza founder Maulana Karenga is: (from wiki)

December2007_img_9-300x273.jpg

In 1971, Karenga was sentenced to one to ten years in prison on counts of felonious assault and false imprisonment. One of the victims gave testimony of how Karenga and other men tortured her and another woman. The woman described having been stripped and beaten with an electrical cord. Karenga's estranged wife, Brenda Lorraine Karenga, testified that she sat on the other woman’s stomach while another man forced water and detergent into her mouth through a hose.

A May 14, 1971, article in the Los Angeles Times described the testimony of one of the women:

"Deborah Jones, who once was given the Swahili title of an African queen, said she and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothes. She testified that a hot soldering iron was placed in Miss Davis' mouth and placed against Miss Davis' face and that one of her own big toes was tightened in a vise. Karenga, head of US, also put detergent and running hoses in their mouths, she said. They also were hit on the heads with toasters."

Jones and Brenda Karenga testified that Karenga believed the women were conspiring to poison him, which Davis has attributed to a combination of ongoing police pressure and his own drug abuse.

Karenga denied any involvement in the torture, and argued that the prosecution was political in nature.[5][18] He was imprisoned at the California Men's Colony, where he studied and wrote on feminism, Pan-Africanism and other subjects. The US organization fell into disarray during his absence and was disbanded in 1974. After he petitioned several black state officials to support his parole on fair sentencing grounds, it was granted in 1975.

Karenga was also a person of interest in the murder of at least 4 black panthers in a turf fight for the "black studies" program at UCLA.

Now read Barry's statement at the top again. :lol:

Shakazooloo right back to ya!!

:eek:

Forum List

Back