H a p p y k w a n z a !

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Statement by the President and First Lady on Kwanzaa
The White House:

Michelle and I send our warmest wishes to all those celebrating Kwanzaa this holiday season. Today marks the beginning of the week-long celebration honoring African American heritage and culture through the seven principles of Kwanzaa -- unity, self determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith.

Ain't that precious? :badgrin:

Many of you may not know who Kwanza founder Maulana Karenga is: (from wiki)

December2007_img_9-300x273.jpg

In 1971, Karenga was sentenced to one to ten years in prison on counts of felonious assault and false imprisonment. One of the victims gave testimony of how Karenga and other men tortured her and another woman. The woman described having been stripped and beaten with an electrical cord. Karenga's estranged wife, Brenda Lorraine Karenga, testified that she sat on the other woman’s stomach while another man forced water and detergent into her mouth through a hose.

A May 14, 1971, article in the Los Angeles Times described the testimony of one of the women:

"Deborah Jones, who once was given the Swahili title of an African queen, said she and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothes. She testified that a hot soldering iron was placed in Miss Davis' mouth and placed against Miss Davis' face and that one of her own big toes was tightened in a vise. Karenga, head of US, also put detergent and running hoses in their mouths, she said. They also were hit on the heads with toasters."

Jones and Brenda Karenga testified that Karenga believed the women were conspiring to poison him, which Davis has attributed to a combination of ongoing police pressure and his own drug abuse.

Karenga denied any involvement in the torture, and argued that the prosecution was political in nature.[5][18] He was imprisoned at the California Men's Colony, where he studied and wrote on feminism, Pan-Africanism and other subjects. The US organization fell into disarray during his absence and was disbanded in 1974. After he petitioned several black state officials to support his parole on fair sentencing grounds, it was granted in 1975.

Karenga was also a person of interest in the murder of at least 4 black panthers in a turf fight for the "black studies" program at UCLA.

Now read Barry's statement at the top again. :lol:

Last edited:
What a joke that this pResident acts as if he's for any kind of unification in this nation. His comments regarding kwanza are offensive to all but the radical elements in this country.

• Banned
What a joke that this pResident acts as if he's for any kind of unification in this nation. His comments regarding kwanza are offensive to all but the radical elements in this country.

Kwanzaa is a Swahili word that means "first" and signifies the first fruits of the harvest. From December 26 to January 1. Kinda late for a harvest since most of the fields are frozen solid under a foot of snow. :lol:

Why would anyone care that people celebrate Kwanzaa?

• Banned
Why would anyone care that people celebrate Kwanzaa?

I suppose because it shows the condition the "black culture" is in these days. :eusa_whistle:

BTW, when this maniac founded Kwanzaa is was intended to be the black Christmas. When somebody he hadn't tortured or murdered told him Christian blacks wouldn't celebrate Kwanza instead of Christmas, he changed his tune and allowed his followers to celebrate both. I know this is painful for you.....seeing once again Dear Leader doesn't know anything more about the "holiday" he celebrates than he does about anything else. :eusa_shhh:

Never known one black family in all my life that seriously celebrates Kwanzaa. Even without the psycho founder, it's just not that important to the blacks I know, who don't even know what celebrating it would actually entail.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Never known one black family in all my life that seriously celebrates Kwanzaa. Even without the psycho founder, it's just not that important to the blacks I know, who don't even know what celebrating it would actually entail.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The pretend holiday was invented to unite white and blacks. :lol:

The 7 principals of Kwanzaa

1) Unity --- constantly refer to each other as "my nigga"

2) Self determination --- form gang and sell crack

3) Collective work and responsibility --- avoid both of these like the plague

4) Cooperative economics --- equally divide money after armed robbery

5) Purpose --- make parole this year

6) Creativity --- become a rapper and make babies

7) Faith --- believe Pres. Obama will pay my rent

Last edited:
Kwanzaa as a holiday lies somewhere on a continuum between Arbor Day and Festivus. I've had bowel movements that were more important.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55fI9_D9lTs]History of Festivus, A Holiday Built on Seinfeld, Grievances - YouTube[/ame]

Festivus? Kwanzaa? Give me a break.
Enough of the cheap copies of Christmas.
Neither is worth their own greeting, Might as well
just say: Good Day!

The 7 principals of Kwanzaa

1) Unity --- constantly refer to each other as "my nigga"

2) Self determination --- form gang and sell crack

3) Collective work and responsibility --- avoid both of these like the plague

4) Cooperative economics --- equally divide money after armed robbery

5) Purpose --- make parole this year

6) Creativity --- become a rapper and make babies

7) Faith --- believe Pres. Obama will pay my rent

:lol:

Forum List