Guys, tipping is racist. Now that you know will you continue to tip?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

How these buffoons ever rose to power defies logic. There have to be a LOT of idiots out there in order for these people to remain relevant in modern society.

When I was in New Zealand some 50 years ago, tipping was considered an insult to the owner of the establishment for not paying the help enough.

How these buffoons ever rose to power defies logic. There have to be a LOT of idiots out there in order for these people to remain relevant in modern society.

The Federal Minimum Wage (2019) for tipped employees is $2.13 per hour.
Otherwise ... The Federal Minimum Wage (2019) for employees is $7.25 per hour.

Tipping is accounted for as pay ... The employer can claim a Maximum Tip Credit and a Minimum Cash Payment.

If paying with a Credit Card, and you desire to tip more than the standard amount ...
Use cash to tip the extra if possible, or the employer can charge the employee a 14% fee on the additional tip amount.

Last edited:

The Federal Minimum Wage (2019) for tipped employees is $2.13 per hour.
Otherwise ... The Federal Minimum Wage (2019) for employees is $7.25 per hour.

Tipping is accounted for as pay ... The employer can claim a Maximum Tip Credit and a Minimum Cash Payment.

If paying with a Credit Card, and you desire to tip more than the standard amount ...
Use cash to tip the extra if possible, or the employer can charge the employee a 14% fee on the additional tip amount.

Ask any bartender if they want 7.25 an hour and no tips or 2.13 an hour plus tips that can often times work out to well over 20 an hour

I really want to hear some liberals chime in agreeing that tipping is connected to slavery, so that I can lay a world hurt on them with historical facts.

Use cash to tip the extra if possible, or the employer can charge the employee a 14% fee on the additional tip amount..

I am quite certain this is false. The employer has to withhold taxes on tips employees earn. Most restaurants and bars nowadays operate such that they basically assume a minimum of totals tips based on a percentage of sales. This began because the IRS started going after the employers for employees under reporting. So now, the bars and restaurants tend to withhold and report all credit card tips (the employer can see that, therefore they know it was earned) and furthermore at minimum total presumed tips of 10% to 15% of total sales.

Employers cannot legally withhold any portion of tips from the employee (notwithstanding normal tip out and tip share policies that may be enacted).

Ask any bartender if they want 7.25 an hour and no tips or 2.13 an hour plus tips that can often times work out to well over 20 an hour

When I was a bartender in college ... I would often find my uncashed paychecks laying around.
I had far more cash in my pocket than the piddling pay I was owed by the employer at $2.13 per hour.

Depends on where you work, and gender can play a significant role as well ... :thup:

I am quite certain this is false. The employer has to withhold taxes on tips employees earn. Most restaurants and bars nowadays operate such that they basically assume a minimum of totals tips based on a percentage of sales. This began because the IRS started going after the employers for employees under reporting. So now, the bars and restaurants tend to withhold and report all credit card tips (the employer can see that, therefore they know it was earned) and furthermore at minimum total presumed tips of 10% to 15% of total sales.

Employers cannot legally withhold any portion of tips from the employee (notwithstanding normal tip out and tip share policies that may be enacted).

Employees can be charged for total cash receipts and expected tips for Federal purposes.
However ... I specifically stated "more than the standard amount".

If an employer doesn't know how much more the employee was tipped ...
And as I stated ... It isn't recorded on the Credit Card receipt ...
They cannot charge the employee for what they don't know the employee has.

I once made a $500 cash tip on $5 drink and the employer didn't have a clue ... :thup:
(Interesting story ... It was a Charter 12 and water for Russel Long who was Huey P Long's son at the Piermont Sheraton, in Shreveport and on a Sunday)

Last edited:

Employees can be charged for total cash receipts and expected tips for Federal purposes.
However ... I specifically stated "more than the standard amount".

If an employer doesn't know how much more the employee was tipped ...
And as I stated ... It isn't recorded on the Credit Card receipt ...
They cannot charge the employee for what they don't know the employee has ... :thup:

Reporting tips for taxation purposes is not charging employees.

When I was a bartender in college ... I would often find my uncashed paychecks laying around.
I had far more cash in my pocket than the piddling pay I was owed by the employer at $2.13 per hour.

Depends on where you work, and gender can play a significant role as well ... :thup:

That is true of ALL occupations

Reporting tips for taxation purposes is not charging employees.

It's the responsibility of the employee if it is above and beyond what the employer is required.
If it isn't documented on a Credit Card receipt (as I stated Cash) ...
There is no record of it and the employer cannot charge the employee for it.

Neither the employer nor the IRS have a way of knowing the employee got the extra tip ... :auiqs.jpg:
It would be the same thing as if you just handed someone a $20 bill.

They may be required to claim that on their Income Tax Return ... But good luck proving it ever happened.

Last edited:

Short skirts. Short skirts always did it for me, for the eight weeks I served drinks for a living.

The left will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to destroy the lives of working people.

/-------/ "There have to be a LOT of idiots out there in order for these people to remain relevant in modern society."
The great Rush Limbaugh said they make up less than 10% of society but 75% of the media. That's why they move their agenda forward. https://www.researchgate.net/figure...d-radical-right-ideologies-per_fig1_259480882

Forum List

Back