CDZ Gun deaths in all states per capita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just the facts:
  • Blue States
  • Purple States
  • Red States

Gun deaths could be higher in States with less restrictive gun laws solely because of suicides, due to guns being more accessible and thus being the favored method. The people in NY have to find different ways of offing themselves due to the stricter gun laws, but nothing says they are stopped from "an heroing" because they couldn't get a gun.

Just the facts:
  • Blue States
  • Purple States
  • Red States
From what I've heard, there is no magic bullet (get it?) but a mesh of gun control measures like they have in CA does work. Trivia note, I believe it was Ronald Reagan who signed the first gun control law into effect.

The real issue is still being avoided. It's as Michael Moore has pointed out continuously ever since his award winning, Bowling for Columbine.

America has adopted a culture of continuous wars, death, and killing people with their guns.

Neither side can accept that and so there can be no change for the better.
Turning the children's schools into prison-like fortresses with armed guards, needs to be experimented with, even though it will just harden the culture of killing earlier for the children.

Gun deaths could be higher in States with less restrictive gun laws solely because of suicides, due to guns being more accessible and thus being the favored method. The people in NY have to find different ways of offing themselves due to the stricter gun laws, but nothing says they are stopped from "an heroing" because they couldn't get a gun.
I don't believe the facts back up your premise:
Guns are used in just 6 percent of all suicide attempts, but are responsible for 54 percent of successful suicide attempts. This makes a grim sort of sense: When you shoot a gun into your temple, it does what it’s intended to. That’s why 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm are lethal. Just 3 percent of suicide attempts by drug overdose are fatal.​

I don't believe the facts back up your premise:
Guns are used in just 6 percent of all suicide attempts, but are responsible for 54 percent of successful suicide attempts. This makes a grim sort of sense: When you shoot a gun into your temple, it does what it’s intended to. That’s why 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm are lethal. Just 3 percent of suicide attempts by drug overdose are fatal.​

Again, I am saying the deaths number is skewed because suicides are included.

A more honest person would go with a map of homicides, not suicides.

Any gun stat that includes suicides is bullshit, as they would just off themselves in another way if they didn't have a gun. Every state has sufficient numbers of high buildings and bridges, plenty of gasoline to immolate yourself, and plenty of knives to slash wrists, etc.

Again, I am saying the deaths number is skewed because suicides are included.

A more honest person would go with a map of homicides, not suicides.

Any gun stat that includes suicides is bullshit, as they would just off themselves in another way if they didn't have a gun. Every state has sufficient numbers of high buildings and bridges, plenty of gasoline to immolate yourself, and plenty of knives to slash wrists, etc.
Dead is dead. Either you care about a person's life or you don't. Suicide attempts are often a cry for help and if they are unsuccessful that help may be found. Guns make it too easy and effective. IMHO

Dead is dead. Either you care about a person's life or you don't. Suicide attempts are often a cry for help and if they are unsuccessful that help may be found. Guns make it too easy and effective. IMHO

Not wanting my RKBA taken away or severely limited is the issue. Using these numbers to do it is the issue. Adding suicides to inflate homicide numbers is the issue.

Not wanting my RKBA taken away or severely limited is the issue. Using these numbers to do it is the issue. Adding suicides to inflate homicide numbers is the issue.
I'm not advocating your RKBA be taken away or severely limited. Which of the laws being discussed would do that? If you don't care about depressed/mentally ill people, that is your prerogative.

I'm not advocating your RKBA be taken away or severely limited. Which of the laws being discussed would do that? If you don't care about depressed/mentally ill people, that is your prerogative.

I live in NYC. Right now it takes $400 or so in fees and 3-6 months just to be able to legally purchase a revolver to keep in my own apartment. That's infringement, and that's the minimum the left wants for the rest of the country.

What is your solution to reduce suicide by guns? A massive gun round up? You realize there are over 300 million guns out there right?

I live in NYC. Right now it takes $400 or so in fees and 3-6 months just to be able to legally purchase a revolver to keep in my own apartment. That's infringement, and that's the minimum the left wants for the rest of the country.

"That's infringement, and that's the minimum the left IS PUTTING IN PLACE for the rest of the country."

Fixed that for ya

Just the facts:
  • Blue States
  • Purple States
  • Red States
I think I have tried to explain this to you before.

There is no such things as Red States and Blue States. That is something made up by USA Today.

It is real America and the Democrat controlled big cities. That is the real fact.

Most of the crime in the US is concentrated in the ghetto areas of Democrat run big cities, regardless of the make up of the Legislature or how they vote in a Presidential election.

The same way with welfare distribution and government transfers.

Some Southern states have very high Black demographics and that skews the data a little but essential the crime in the South comes from cities like Atlanta, Houston, Memphis, New Orleans etc. All Democrat controlled with high minority demographics.

It works in reverse too. A high crime state like Illinois would be like the rest of the US if it wasn't for the tremendous crime we see in Chicago.

I think I have tried to explain this to you before.

There is no such things as Red States and Blue States. That is something made up by USA Today.

It is real America and the Democrat controlled big cities. That is the real fact.

Most of the crime in the US is concentrated in the ghetto areas of Democrat run big cities, regardless of the make up of the Legislature or how they vote in a Presidential election.

The same way with welfare distribution and government transfers.

Some Southern states have very high Black demographics and that skews the data a little but essential the crime in the South comes from cities like Atlanta, Houston, Memphis, New Orleans etc. All Democrat controlled with high minority demographics.

It works in reverse too. A high crime state like Illinois would be like the rest of the US if it wasn't for the tremendous crime we see in Chicago.

You're arguing with a Marxist Bot who couldn't care less what the facts are.
Only that the Marxist agenda prevails at any and all costs.
You could tell them a billion times and you'd still be at the starting point and they will repeat the pre-programmed marxist points as their truth.

Unfortunately, the time for reasoning is past and clearly non productive.
Action is now required. But even more unfortunately, none is forthcoming from the opposition.

It is no longer about WHEN tyranny arrives, but rather what LEVEL is currently imposed.

You're arguing with a Marxist Bot who couldn't care less what the facts are.
Only that the Marxist agenda prevails at any and all costs.
You could tell them a billion times and you'd still be at the starting point and they will repeat the pre-programmed marxist points as their truth.

Unfortunately, the time for reasoning is past and clearly non productive.
Action is now required. But even more unfortunately, none is forthcoming from the opposition.

It is no longer about WHEN tyranny arrives, but rather what LEVEL is currently imposed.
I know that.

I really didn't post it to educate him. Like most Leftest pointing out the real facts would be a waste of time. I posted the real fact for anybody else that may be interested.

Lots of blame placed on political party membership, what the hell has that got to do with why little kids are being killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back