Zone1 Great Women of the Bible

No, they do not. Both are describing creation.
That's for every Christian to believe to some degree as their own personal belief.

When you're completely happy with your belief system, you can let it rest. If you continue to ask questions then I'll use the opportunity to offer explanations.

You still haven't addressed the question I did ask you.
I did but you didn't understand. It can be 'everything' is wrong with the story or it can be 'nothing' is wrong with the Adam and Eve story.

It's entirely depending o the personal beliefs of the Christian asking the question.

(and fwiw, all answers can be the right answers or the wrong answers.)

The CC grants all humans the permission to reject the Adam and Eve malarkey completely.

It appears this may answer my question. I do not believe the story to be "malarkey". You do.
Yes, it answers your question.

According to the CC, we're both right to believe what we like. Turn back to depending on your faith and you won't have to ask me any questions.

Except...you believe the story is malarkey, and the Catholic Church does not. We take its points seriously.
The CC is allowing it's flock to reject the Adam and Eve creation story completely. They place no limits on a Christian's complete acceptance of evolution or creation.

Did humans evolve from a life form that was common to chimps and humans? The CC allows that to be the truth.

Maybe some day the CC will announce reservations on their acceptance of D. evolution?

The CC is allowing it's flock to reject the Adam and Eve creation story completely. They place no limits on a Christian's complete acceptance of evolution or creation.
Not true. Catholics, no matter what their beliefs of how creation occurred, do not reject the story.
Did humans evolve from a life form that was common to chimps and humans? The CC allows that to be the truth.
As my grandmother put it, more likely all life came from cells that were formed in the sea or perhaps mud near the sea. We don't know, but it is likely life began as a cell.
Maybe some day the CC will announce reservations on their acceptance of D. evolution?
The Catholic Church knows that no one knows precisely how life began, but that God was behind that process. As I have already explained this to you numerous time, it's time to move on.

Science says that man was formed from the earth. Scripture says man was formed from the earth. One says it was an accident the other says planned by God.

Not true. Catholics, no matter what their beliefs of how creation occurred, do not reject the story.

As my grandmother put it, more likely all life came from cells that were formed in the sea or perhaps mud near the sea. We don't know, but it is likely life began as a cell.

The Catholic Church knows that no one knows precisely how life began, but that God was behind that process. As I have already explained this to you numerous time, it's time to move on.
You will never know the answers to the questions that haunt you. Many Christians of higher intelligence don't either but it's the price we pay for being above the average and the rest of the animal world.

Note how lg325 tries to contribute but it's only a reflexive kneejerk because he's not burdened with having to answer any difficullt questions.

He's not a 'big fish' story believer but he's 2/3's of the ladder down from being one.

Get back to me any time you feel that you can gain from talking about it.

Science says that man was formed from the earth.
No, that's not what science says

Human evolution is the lengthy process of change by which people originated from apelike ancestors. Scientific evidence shows that the physical and behavioral traits shared by all people originated from apelike ancestors and evolved over a period of approximately six million years.

No, that's not what science says

Human evolution is the lengthy process of change by which people originated from apelike ancestors. Scientific evidence shows that the physical and behavioral traits shared by all people originated from apelike ancestors and evolved over a period of approximately six million years.
And before all that in the primordial muck were the first organisms which according to science all life on earth came from.

And before all that in the primordial muck were the first organisms which according to science all life on earth came from.
Is that your choice on what to believe?

I took you for a creationist, but now it seems that you're an apologist for the CC?

I've provided you with a quote for science's position on where human life began. I can't stop you from inventing your own version and attributing it to science.

question why do people, never sick to the subject, never learn anything solid

a-sad-woman-looking-out-of-the-window.jpg

Hosea 4: 6: 2 Timothy 4: 3-4

There is another heroine in the book of Esther.
Esther ch.1

10 On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, and Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas, the seven chamberlains that served in the presence of Ahasuerus the king,

11 To bring Vashti the queen before the king with the crown royal, to shew the people and the princes her beauty: for she was fair to look on.

12 But the queen Vashti refused to come at the king's commandment by his chamberlains: therefore was the king very wroth, and his anger burned in him.

If the kings command was taken literally, the crown was to be her whole attire. Had she appeared in front of the whole drunken court in her birthday suit, the king would have awoken the following day with a hangover, in a foul mood, realized what he had done and put the whole court to death for allowing him to do it.
Vashti saved the Persian empire. This is a great lesson in God's love for the gentiles that he would put a woman of Vashti's intellect and character in that place at that time. Vashti saw what the outcome would be. She was more than just a pretty face.

There is another heroine in the book of Esther.
Esther ch.1

10 On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, and Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas, the seven chamberlains that served in the presence of Ahasuerus the king,

11 To bring Vashti the queen before the king with the crown royal, to shew the people and the princes her beauty: for she was fair to look on.

12 But the queen Vashti refused to come at the king's commandment by his chamberlains: therefore was the king very wroth, and his anger burned in him.

If the kings command was taken literally, the crown was to be her whole attire. Had she appeared in front of the whole drunken court in her birthday suit, the king would have awoken the following day with a hangover, in a foul mood, realized what he had done and put the whole court to death for allowing him to do it.
Vashti saved the Persian empire. This is a great lesson in God's love for the gentiles that he would put a woman of Vashti's intellect and character in that place at that time. Vashti saw what the outcome would be. She was more than just a pretty face.
Not to be taken as a literally true bible story.

Rahab, the former prostitute, converting to Judaism and listed as an ancestor of Jesus Christ.

Mary Magdalene being first to meet the risen Christ and to tell the disciples--when in her time the testimony of a woman wasn't even valid.

No one can tell me the Bible demeans women or any such thing.

Forum List

Back