GREAT AGAIN!!: Unemployment Rate Hits 3.8% -- Lowest in 18 Years...

rightly or wrongly, presidents get credit or blame for what happens during their terms.

And yet you refuse to give Obama any credit for the steadily declining UE rate. Seems what presidents get credit or blame for relates more to their party affiliation.

Most of what happened during Obama's 8 years was not good for the USA or its people. The verdict on Trump is probably 6 years from now.

The economy steadily improved over the last 5 years of his time in office, all indicators were moving in the right direction.

But facts are facts, today there are more open jobs than job seekers. That was not ever the case under Obama, either Bush, or Clinton. Do draw whatever conclusions make you happy.

It did happen at the end of the Clinton term and it was already starting to be the case before Trump was elected.

The conclusion I draw is that there is not a single indicator that anyone can point to that suddenly got better under Trump, everything continued the same trend.

I see that now starting to shift as Trump’s trade wars start to damage the economy. The next few months will be interesting to watch as Trump ratchets up the tariffs on our closest allies.

What Obama was very successful at was dividing this country by: race, sex, age, location, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, and political party. A divided house cannot stand, we must stop this.

Trump is no less successful in this endeavor. Trump, like Obama and Bush II make everything an “us vs them” battle.

A divided house cannot stand but a divided people are more easily controlled, which is why we have been systematically divided for the last couple decades.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

that's easy, can you do it?

Then do so

put the years on the x axis and its obvious. the UE rate is the lowest its been in 20 years, the black UE rate is the lowest its ever been, same for Hispanics and women. It Trump's policies were to terrible the UE rates would be up, not down.

and its fine if you want to give the Kenyan credit for the declines in his years. although not one of you can tell us what he did to cause it.
As long as you give Trump credit for the declines in his years.

I am not giving either credit for the decline, I know better than such foolishness.

My only point is that there was no change in what the UE was doing after Trump took office...it has kept the same basic downward slope with some slowing that is expected when you reach full employment.

If the greatness of Trump is the cause then there should be some visible difference, but there is not.

We are 106 months into the 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of our country, Trump has only been a part of less than 15% of that.

The current UE is what one would expect 106 months into a period of expansion.

I do wonder if when the inevitable rise comes if you giving him all the credit will have the balls to give him the blame...but really I know the answer

rightly or wrongly, presidents get credit or blame for what happens during their terms. Most of what happened during Obama's 8 years was not good for the USA or its people. The verdict on Trump is probably 6 years from now.

But facts are facts, today there are more open jobs than job seekers. That was not ever the case under Obama, either Bush, or Clinton. Do draw whatever conclusions make you happy.

What Obama was very successful at was dividing this country by: race, sex, age, location, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, and political party. A divided house cannot stand, we must stop this.
The above is all republican BULLSHIT Red You're speaking out of your butt

no, its nonpartisan facts. Are we more divided after Obama than we were before? YES. Is the media the mouthpiece for the hate-trump leftists? YES. Will a divided nation fail? YES.

the bullshit is coming from the haters on the left that want this country to collapse. those same idiots want to replace it with the same system that has destroyed Venezuela and is destroying California.

what I said is not partisan, its factual.

rightly or wrongly, presidents get credit or blame for what happens during their terms.

And yet you refuse to give Obama any credit for the steadily declining UE rate. Seems what presidents get credit or blame for relates more to their party affiliation.

Most of what happened during Obama's 8 years was not good for the USA or its people. The verdict on Trump is probably 6 years from now.

The economy steadily improved over the last 5 years of his time in office, all indicators were moving in the right direction.

It did happen at the end of the Clinton term and it was already starting to be the case before Trump was elected.

The conclusion I draw is that there is not a single indicator that anyone can point to that suddenly got better under Trump, everything continued the same trend.

I see that now starting to shift as Trump’s trade wars start to damage the economy. The next few months will be interesting to watch as Trump ratchets up the tariffs on our closest allies.

Trump is no less successful in this endeavor. Trump, like Obama and Bush II make everything an “us vs them” battle.

A divided house cannot stand but a divided people are more easily controlled, which is why we have been systematically divided for the last couple decades.

I agree with your last sentence, the rest is partisan BS.

Trump is merely making trade fair to THIS country. For decades we have been raped by our trading partners, and no previous president has had the balls to do anything about it.

Who is the current Tip O'Neill of the dem party? O'Neill and Reagan got things done despite being from different parties, so did Newt and Clinton. Today the dems have become the party of obstruction and hate. They cannot get over Trump beating Hillary, its quite sad to watch.

Then do so

put the years on the x axis and its obvious. the UE rate is the lowest its been in 20 years, the black UE rate is the lowest its ever been, same for Hispanics and women. It Trump's policies were to terrible the UE rates would be up, not down.

and its fine if you want to give the Kenyan credit for the declines in his years. although not one of you can tell us what he did to cause it.

I am not giving either credit for the decline, I know better than such foolishness.

My only point is that there was no change in what the UE was doing after Trump took office...it has kept the same basic downward slope with some slowing that is expected when you reach full employment.

If the greatness of Trump is the cause then there should be some visible difference, but there is not.

We are 106 months into the 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of our country, Trump has only been a part of less than 15% of that.

I do wonder if when the inevitable rise comes if you giving him all the credit will have the balls to give him the blame...but really I know the answer

rightly or wrongly, presidents get credit or blame for what happens during their terms. Most of what happened during Obama's 8 years was not good for the USA or its people. The verdict on Trump is probably 6 years from now.

no, its nonpartisan facts. Are we more divided after Obama than we were before? YES. Is the media the mouthpiece for the hate-trump leftists? YES. Will a divided nation fail? YES.

the bullshit is coming from the haters on the left that want this country to collapse. those same idiots want to replace it with the same system that has destroyed Venezuela and is destroying California.

Trump might be the greatest divider in our history Women people of color get bashed almost regularly by him or his cronies AND if you think 75 straight months of SIX digit employment gains, almost a triple in the dow and unemployment cut in half is nothing you are FOS Your Repub AH's were on Obamas ass from the getgo so please don't hand me your divided shit

Trump is merely making trade fair to THIS country. For decades we have been raped by our trading partners, and no previous president has had the balls to do anything about it.

Who is the current Tip O'Neill of the dem party? O'Neill and Reagan got things done despite being from different parties, so did Newt and Clinton. Today the dems have become the party of obstruction and hate. They cannot get over Trump beating Hillary, its quite sad to watch.
What was wrong with gathering our allies and THEN approach China instead of having EU Canada Mexico etc etc against us?? BTW Canada burned down our WH?? The schmuck in the WH is a fn simpleton

Trump might be the greatest divider in our history Women people of color get bashed almost regularly by him or his cronies AND if you think 75 straight months of SIX digit employment gains, almost a triple in the dow and unemployment cut in half is nothing you are FOS Your Repub AH's were on Obamas ass from the getgo so please don't hand me your divided shit

women of color? which ones? Condi Rice? Diamond and Silk? Mia Love? The woman in Alabama whose life sentence he just commuted? the only ones that get bashed are the loud mouth haters like Whoopi.

you give obozo credit for the dow, what specifically did he do to cause the DOW to rise? What specifically did he do to reduce unemployment? what bill dis he sign that caused those things?

What was wrong with gathering our allies and THEN approach China instead of having EU Canada Mexico etc etc against us?? BTW Canada burned down our WH?? The schmuck in the WH is a fn simpleton

Nothing wrong with that, he tried it but they wouldn't play ball. Those countries are not getting raped by China as much as we were, so he took action and China capitulated because it was in their best interests too. Kowtowing never works, being a sucker never works. Being a patsy never works. Peace through strength always works.

women of color? which ones? Condi Rice? Diamond and Silk? Mia Love? The woman in Alabama whose life sentence he just commuted? the only ones that get bashed are the loud mouth haters like Whoopi.

you give obozo credit for the dow, what specifically did he do to cause the DOW to rise? What specifically did he do to reduce unemployment? what bill dis he sign that caused those things?
All I know is none of that would happen if people had no confidence in him Everything Trump is patting himself on the back for was given to him on a golden platter by Obama

I voted for Trump, and just because of that I'm not particularly obligated to spew bullshit fake numbers put out by his appointees any more than I did fake numbers from Obama's hacks. Trump supporters should think twice about making themselves as ridiculously incapable of real facts as the Dems did; just a thought on how Trump fans should proceed in the long run. This is not say the troll threads aren't fun, they are, but no need to go overboard with it, since the MSM and Democratic Party crime syndicate is already irrelevant and no longer a threat.

So, since Trump's numbers are better, I am sure you can highlight on this graph when he took over and things got so much better.

View attachment 196886

Then do so

What would the unemployment rate be today had Obama handed Trump 7.8% unemployment instead of 4.8%?

probably 3% higher than it is today, whats your point?
That the only reason we have such low unemployment, including record low black and Hispanic unemployment, is because Obama handed trump a falling unemployment employment rate that was not much higher than record lows when Trump took over.

Conversely, had Trump inherited a rising unemployment rate at 7.8%, like Obama inherited, we’d be no where near record lows.

So be sure to thank Obama next time you want to boast about the unemployment rate.

All I know is none of that would happen if people had no confidence in him Everything Trump is patting himself on the back for was given to him on a golden platter by Obama

that statement is so stupid its not worthy of a response

Then do so

What would the unemployment rate be today had Obama handed Trump 7.8% unemployment instead of 4.8%?

That the only reason we have such low unemployment, including record low black and Hispanic unemployment, is because Obama handed trump a falling unemployment employment rate that was not much higher than record lows when Trump took over.

Conversely, had Trump inherited a rising unemployment rate at 7.8%, like Obama inherited, we’d be no where near record lows.

So be sure to thank Obama next time you want to boast about the unemployment rate.

Yep, and Gore invented the internet. You live in a fantasy world.

Right red under Obama unemployment wasn't going down,,employment going up and the markets almost tripling Are you really rip van winkle and just waking up ??? Why TF can't you give fn credit when it's due ? Are you such a hater of the 1st black president?

Then do so

“Invented??”

That’s your word, not his, in a failed rightard attempt to diminish the work he did do to help inspire the work needed to be done to make the Internet what it is today.

Right red under Obama unemployment wasn't going down,,employment going up and the markets almost tripling Are you really rip van winkle and just waking up ??? Why TF can't you give fn credit when it's due ? Are you such a hater of the 1st black president?
He’s a conservative; which means he lacks the character required to give credit to a Democrat for good things which happen under their leadership.

He’s a conservative; which means he lacks the character required to give credit to a Democrat for good things which happen under their leadership.
And that imo is a prime reason why the 2 parties are so far apart Afraid to say "nice going" to the other

Then do so

You said it yourself that unemployment would be about 3 points higher than it is now had Obama handed Trump a growing unemployment rate of 7.8%.

That would make black unemployment around 9% and not the all time low it is now. Thanks to Obama, who passed on black unemployment to his successor at a lower rate than any other president and thanks to Trump for keeping that trend going, blacks now enjoy their lowest unemployment rate recorded.

Forum List

Back