graphic and heart breaking

One question that needs to be answered - Is Obama's "Arab Spring" in any way responsible for the present Syrian refugee crisis?

Obama has equipped and armed the Syrian rebels and discounted ISIS as a "JV Team", in a series of questionable decisions.

If you look at the countries where Obama demanded a change in leadership: Mubarek in Egypt, Qaddafi in Libya and Assad in Syria; all have been a testament to Obama's inexperience and has led to the suffering and misery for millions in those countries.

What should Obama do to help the refugees?

""OBAMA's ARAB SPRING""-------when did that weird idea spring into your mind?

Desperation? Like any other refugees?
What were they so desperate for that they would risk the life of their toddler in some kind of boat obviously unsafe and without even a life jacket? They were already in western Turkey, far from ISIS's reach.

you are a Monday morning quarterback at a funeral----

the "funeral" was caused by the parents.

Would you put your son in a rickety boat with no life jacket and try to sneak into another country illegally?

What were they so desperate for that they would risk the life of their toddler in some kind of boat obviously unsafe and without even a life jacket? They were already in western Turkey, far from ISIS's reach.

I don't know where you get your information from, but these people were trying to escape from Syria . . .

Shocking images of drowned Syrian boy show tragic plight of refugees

Greek authorities, coping with what has become the biggest migration crisis in living memory, said the boy was among a group of refugees escaping Islamic State in Syria.

He didn't say help others only if you have extra cash on hand.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
Horrific indeed. Since the child was from Syria and had already found his way to the relatively safe country of Turkey, why did his parents risk his life to get to Europe, especially w/o even a life-jacket?

As children we are almost totally dependent on out parents for out survival. This poor child was dealt a very bad hand.

Kurds are oppressed in Turkey------it could very well be that he would find no refuge there. In Turkey it is actually ---somehow----illegal for Kurds to use their own language----all sorts of sick rules imposed on Kurds
What makes you think the child and the swarms of immigrants from Syria washing upon the shores of Greece are Kurds? My understanding is the vast majority are ethnic Arabs and Muslim.

the dead baby in the sand is a kurd. his name is ---uhm I forgot how they spelled it QUORDI (?) --- ----IT MEANS ---a kurd. Most Kurds are muslims-----probably now in Syria----all. It is not entirely clear to me who is called "KURD" and by whom. There are some jews called "kurd" because they used to live up there in the hills -----in little separate enclaves of "Kurdistan" Up there in the hills seems to be something like the lifestyle of our APPALACHIANS -----don't quote me
"Kurd" means nomad in Farsi. Regardless, it was incumbent on his parents to protect him. Instead of trying to take him to safe haven in Kurd-held Northern Iraq or leave him in Turkey where Kurds are not being systematically slaughtered. Instead, they put him on some kind of rickety boat with no life jacket. I doubt anyone in the family knew how to swim in the first place.

I understand the need for a better life, but at what cost?

they took a chance-----so did the 'pilgrims' on the Mayflower
You take chances with your own life if you wish, but not that of your small children.

I don't know where you get your information from, but these people were trying to escape from Syria . . .

Greek authorities, coping with what has become the biggest migration crisis in living memory, said the boy was among a group of refugees escaping Islamic State in Syria.
OK, so you're not a whiz at geography, but they had already escaped Syria and were in one of the stablest countries of the region.

Would you put your son in a rickety boat with no life jacket and try to sneak into another country illegally?

Do you think these people can just go to Walmart and pick up some life jackets or something??? :ack-1: Obviously, you don't understand their plight. It's not like these are the only ones. It is reported that at least 2500 people have died trying to escape.

Kurds are oppressed in Turkey------it could very well be that he would find no refuge there. In Turkey it is actually ---somehow----illegal for Kurds to use their own language----all sorts of sick rules imposed on Kurds
What makes you think the child and the swarms of immigrants from Syria washing upon the shores of Greece are Kurds? My understanding is the vast majority are ethnic Arabs and Muslim.

the dead baby in the sand is a kurd. his name is ---uhm I forgot how they spelled it QUORDI (?) --- ----IT MEANS ---a kurd. Most Kurds are muslims-----probably now in Syria----all. It is not entirely clear to me who is called "KURD" and by whom. There are some jews called "kurd" because they used to live up there in the hills -----in little separate enclaves of "Kurdistan" Up there in the hills seems to be something like the lifestyle of our APPALACHIANS -----don't quote me
"Kurd" means nomad in Farsi. Regardless, it was incumbent on his parents to protect him. Instead of trying to take him to safe haven in Kurd-held Northern Iraq or leave him in Turkey where Kurds are not being systematically slaughtered. Instead, they put him on some kind of rickety boat with no life jacket. I doubt anyone in the family knew how to swim in the first place.

You take chances with your own life if you wish, but not that of your small children.

OK, so you're not a whiz at geography, but they had already escaped Syria and were in one of the stablest countries of the region.

No they were not, as the article I cited states, they were from Syria and trying to escape from Syria. Maybe you should read the article before you comment??

Show me some info where it says these people were trying to escape from Turkey and not Syria please. :)

Show me some info where it says these people were trying to escape from Turkey and not Syria please. :)
Because they were already in Turkey. IF YOU"RE IN FUCKING TURKEY, YOU"RE NOT IN SYRIA!

God, there are idiots, and then there are goddamned idiots!

Because they were already in Turkey. IF YOU"RE IN FUCKING TURKEY, YOU"RE NOT IN SYRIA!

how do you know that they were granted asylum in Turkey?

12 people died after two boats carrying a total of 23 people, capsized after setting off separately from the Akyarlar area of the Bodrum peninsula.

OK. you're not as idiotic as Çhris, but let me know if you've heard of the Turks forcibly repatriating Syrians, even Syrian Kurds.

ignorance is not always bliss

yes. that's how hubby was rescued from Yemen before the 1947 pogrom in Aden ..... feel free to put out some more of your anger at the desperate parents

Thoreau's dictum of 'simplify, simplify, simplify' can be taken to extremes, I agree.

OK. you're not as idiotic as Çhris, but let me know if you've heard of the Turks forcibly repatriating Syrians, even Syrian Kurds.

I have heard of turks oppressing Kurds

Do you think these people can just go to Walmart and pick up some life jackets or something??? :ack-1: Obviously, you don't understand their plight. It's not like these are the only ones. It is reported that at least 2500 people have died trying to escape.

tens of millions of people have "died trying to escape" government oppression or terrorism in human history.That's how the real world works...Life is rough. Not everyone will make it.

Let the u.n know you're interested in taking in some syrian or Rwandan refugees and you'll pay for their housing, education and food for life...maybe you could move in 6 or 8 of them.

Thoreau's dictum of 'simplify, simplify, simplify' can be taken to extremes, I agree.

long ago ----I read an expose' on Thoreau------his sister was bringing him lunch every day and doing his laundry

long ago ----I read an expose' on Thoreau------his sister was bringing him lunch every day and doing his laundry

I've read that people said they were abducted by aliens. That doesn't make it true.

Forum List

Back