Gov. Mike Pence to push for clarification of ‘religious freedom’ law

19 states that have religious freedom laws like Indiana s that no one is boycotting - The Washington Post
19 states that have ‘religious freedom’ laws like Indiana’s that no one is boycotting

But Indiana is actually soon to be just one of 20 states with a version of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, or RFRA, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Not all RFRA's are the same -- but the lying Gov. tried to make them so.

For example, in a number of the states that do have it, they have Civil
Rights protections for sexual orientation and other classes. Most all of them only define "person" as a living breathing human
individual.

Indiana's law is written differently and says that a person includes
"a partnership, a limited liability company, a corporation, a company,
a firm, a society, a joint-stock company, an unincorporated
association."

There's the big difference. Yup. Corps are religious people too.

In addition, the Indiana law allows people /corps to sue the state if
their religious beliefs are being infringed, and the text of the law
goes out its way to say their state law trumps local ordinances. There
are laws in some Indiana towns and cities that do protect sexual
orientation -- but poof those are overridden by the state law.

This bill is quite a bit different than most of the other ones -
that's why people are wigging about it, and also why a similar one
brought before Jan freakin Brewer (!)! in AZ was vetoed
The Supreme Court decided in Hobby Lobby that corporations could have a religious character as well. People do not lose rights simply by incorporating. So you seem to be the one lying here.
Several other states have the same law. And of course the gheys get all huffy about it. Even though no one, anywhere, has shown where they are being discriminated against.
The law is right and proper and good on Indiana for it.

It was shown when two bakeries lost discrimination cases against gays. One in Oregon, one in Colorado. For starters.

Where have you been?

I support the rights for people to discriminate against anyone they want. Tall people, fat people, white people, black people, etc., and they should need a religious excuse.
I bet you would. Right up till it was the weasel being discriminated against.
Your head is fucked up dude.
If I went in a black bar and they didn't want to serve me I would go somewhere else. And it's happened. Suing would be the last thing on my mind. I also went to a bar and it was ladies night. I had to pay while they didn't. I had to wait until a guy left while they could waltz in the place. I had to sit in a roped off area with the other guys. I got my money back and left. Suing never entered my mind. Grow a spine.
I cant find it now but somewhere someone reported what the lesbians said in their complaint. The bakery's refusal put them in a tailspin. They were completely upset. They considered calling off the wedding. They needed treatment for depression. Really. Over a cake. Some people need a life.

19 states that have religious freedom laws like Indiana s that no one is boycotting - The Washington Post
19 states that have ‘religious freedom’ laws like Indiana’s that no one is boycotting

But Indiana is actually soon to be just one of 20 states with a version of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, or RFRA, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Rights protections for sexual orientation and other classes. Most all of them only define "person" as a living breathing human
individual.

association."

The Supreme Court decided in Hobby Lobby that corporations could have a religious character as well. People do not lose rights simply by incorporating. So you seem to be the one lying here.
Several other states have the same law. And of course the gheys get all huffy about it. Even though no one, anywhere, has shown where they are being discriminated against.

It was shown when two bakeries lost discrimination cases against gays. One in Oregon, one in Colorado. For starters.

Where have you been?
Again you're simply wrong.

There probably won't be another NCAA final four or Super Bowl scheduled in Indy until the law is repealed. Same stuff happened in AZ with the MLK holiday. Silly reason to lose tens of millions of dollars of income....to make a bunch of homophobes feel more secure.
What in the world are you talking about ? Why would there not be an NCAA final four or Super Bowl in Indy ? That is bizarre. And I don't see them losing one net dime.

Members of the NCAA, NFL and other large organizations will bypass cities that make their employees feel unwelcome. The same way major polluters and sweat shops gravitate to the South where laws are much more friendly to poor corporate citizens.

There probably won't be another NCAA final four or Super Bowl scheduled in Indy until the law is repealed. Same stuff happened in AZ with the MLK holiday. Silly reason to lose tens of millions of dollars of income....to make a bunch of homophobes feel more secure.
What in the world are you talking about ? Why would there not be an NCAA final four or Super Bowl in Indy ? That is bizarre. And I don't see them losing one net dime.

Members of the NCAA, NFL and other large organizations will bypass cities that make their employees feel unwelcome. The same way major polluters and sweat shops gravitate to the South where laws are much more friendly to poor corporate citizens.

So they will be avoiding Chicago, Miami, Tampa, Dallas, Houston, Philly, Nashville, New Orleans, St Louis, etc etc also?

individual.

association."

Where have you been?
Again you're simply wrong.

What do you dispute?

1. that those cases were about discrimination against gays, or,

2. that those cases were settled in favor of the gays who claimed they were discriminated against?

Personally, I'd be ok with protecting small biz from violating their own moral code if they actually see their actions as promoting homosexuality. But, these same states don't support employment glbt discrimination by large employers. I do think Indiana at least bars employment glbt discrimination in state govt employment.

Connecticut To Become First State To Boycott Indiana Over LGBT Discrimination Law

WASHINGTON -- Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy (D) will sign an executive order on Monday barring state-funded travel to Indiana because of the state's new law that could allow businesses to turn away gay and lesbian customers for religious reasons.

More: Connecticut To Become First State To Boycott Indiana Over LGBT Discrimination Law

Thank you, Governor Malloy, for sending a clear message to these Indiana bigots.

Connecticut To Become First State To Boycott Indiana Over LGBT Discrimination Law

WASHINGTON -- Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy (D) will sign an executive order on Monday barring state-funded travel to Indiana because of the state's new law that could allow businesses to turn away gay and lesbian customers for religious reasons.

More: Connecticut To Become First State To Boycott Indiana Over LGBT Discrimination Law

Thank you, Governor Malloy, for sending a clear message to these Indiana bigots.

Anyone using "bigot" at every turn is not to be taken serious.

Anyone using "bigot" at every turn is not to be taken serious.

Nothing funny about it, you're just a sad individual.

Another intolerant hatefilled fuck masquerading as a voice of intolerance. What hypocrisy!

With proper breeding and education - bigotry may disappear in a few hundred years.
Racism is an idea, and ideas don't die. The drugs to help people towards sanity do keep getting better though and so we may be able to say soon enough what's inside you is the next Hitler so we recommend you abort.

11082646_10153964673853840_7647854205244940729_n.png

Indiana GOP Leaders Shocked Their 'Religious Freedom' Law Is Seen As Anti-Gay

Shocked? They knew exactly what they were doing - but got called on their bigotry.

[

No one is obsessing over this law, except the left. The law is basically a duplicate of the federal RFRA, does not authorize discrimination, but offers a defense, as with the federal RFRA.

Wow, dumbass. You can't comprehend that giving someone a legal defense of their discriminatory acts is exactly the same as authorizing discrimination?

whoa.
Discrimination against queers should not only be authorized, it should be mandatory, in many cases (teachers, military, police, coaching, counseling, massage, doctors, etc)

Most incidents of child sexual abuse involve heterosexuals not gays.
That's funny since most are men molesting boys

No, they're not. The vast majority of child molesters are molesting girls. Families tend to try to keep these quiet as other family members are often involved.

These incidents seldom get the kind of coverage or provoke the outrage that men molesting boys receives. Incidents involving men molesting boys are much rarer and get a lot more publicity.

Forum List

Back