Gov. Mike Pence to push for clarification of ‘religious freedom’ law

[

No one is obsessing over this law, except the left. The law is basically a duplicate of the federal RFRA, does not authorize discrimination, but offers a defense, as with the federal RFRA.

Wow, dumbass. You can't comprehend that giving someone a legal defense of their discriminatory acts is exactly the same as authorizing discrimination?

whoa.
Discrimination against queers should not only be authorized, it should be mandatory, in many cases (teachers, military, police, coaching, counseling, massage, doctors, etc)

Most incidents of child sexual abuse involve heterosexuals not gays.
That's funny since most are men molesting boys

No, they're not. The vast majority of child molesters are molesting girls. Families tend to try to keep these quiet as other family members are often involved.

These incidents seldom get the kind of coverage or provoke the outrage that men molesting boys receives. Incidents involving men molesting boys are much rarer and get a lot more publicity.
No they are not .

EARTH TO LL: Queers are NOT equal. Sex perverts are not equal to normal people.
If someone like you is normal who would want to be normal...? I think fundamental Christians are "nut bags"
1. I'm not a "fundamental Christian" (whatever that is)

2. ABnormal people never want to be normal, but they do pretend to be normal, and try hard to get everyone to buy into it. Democrats suck up, and go along with it for the VOTES.

[

No one is obsessing over this law, except the left. The law is basically a duplicate of the federal RFRA, does not authorize discrimination, but offers a defense, as with the federal RFRA.

Wow, dumbass. You can't comprehend that giving someone a legal defense of their discriminatory acts is exactly the same as authorizing discrimination?

whoa.
Discrimination against queers should not only be authorized, it should be mandatory, in many cases (teachers, military, police, coaching, counseling, massage, doctors, etc)

That's funny since most are men molesting boys

No, they're not. The vast majority of child molesters are molesting girls. Families tend to try to keep these quiet as other family members are often involved.

These incidents seldom get the kind of coverage or provoke the outrage that men molesting boys receives. Incidents involving men molesting boys are much rarer and get a lot more publicity.
:link: :link: :link:

[

whoa.

:link: :link: :link:

Indianapolis Mayor Ballard (R) - Calls for Leg. to add sexual orientation as a protected class!
Ballard to legislature Repeal law protect LGBT from discrimination

Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard is calling on the Indiana General Assembly to add sexual orientation as a protected class.

Ballard said Monday he is issuing an executive order that anyone who receives money from the city must abide by its human rights ordinance.

more at link.

Oh my - gov Dense and the Tea Party may have paved the way for improving civil rights for LGBT (at least we can hope this is how it plays out.)

This is interesting. Ballard isn't particularly political - and he has seemed less engaged in his second term. He announced a while ago that he wasn't seeking re-election. Unlike the Gov. - he doesn't seem to have bigger political aspirations. And now that the Leg. actions are directly threatening the economy of the city - He is doing more than speaking out against the legislation (yes, he did lobby against it, and no - I am not a particular fan of his - but I am a big fan of his in this moment!)

Fox News Dishonest Defense Of Indiana s Anti-LGBT Religious Freedom Law Blog Media Matters for America

Unlike the federal RFRA, Indiana's RFRA contains an extremely broad definition of "person" that includes organizations, corporations, or companies that are: "compelled or limited by a system of religious belief held by an individual or the individuals; who have control and substantial ownership of the entity, regardless of whether the entity is organized and operated for profit or nonprofit purposes."

As Buzzfeed also reported:

The Indiana bill is broader than federal law. While the Indiana bill says that a "governmental entity may not substantially burden a person's exercise of religion," it also applies those rules to businesses and interactions between private parties "regardless of whether the state or any other government entity is party to the proceeding."

Portraying Indiana's RFRA as benign legislation identical to the "bipartisan" federal law isn't just inaccurate journalism. It is a part of Fox's larger role in promoting the narrative of Christian persecution to support the passage of a number of state RFRAs now being considered in states across the country. Expect to see Fox continue to misrepresent RFRA as a harmless law protecting "religious liberty" while ignoring the fact that these bills are actually the product of powerful anti-LGBT organizations lobbying to legalize anti-LGBT discrimination.
So what ? Anti-LGBT discrimination SHOULD be legal. What's more it should be the law that discrimination against queers should be required, in cases where the sex perversion could be harmful to people, especially children.
Step in front of a fast moving bus. You're a waste of oxygen
You're a waste of perfectly good thread post. Where did you get that oh so cool insult ? From you local 4th grade class ? Come back when you can think of something substantial to say.
Substantial? Why would I do that when all you offer is vile opinions? Seriously, do the world a favor - find the tallest building in your trailer park and play Superman.

:fu:

1. Homosexuality is abnormal. That is a FACT, not an opinion. The animal kingdom (including humans) is designed for having sex > HETEROSEXUAL sex. Ignoring the design of nature, and bypassing the body parts' normal design, is one of the most perverted things anyone can ever do. It is the actions of sickos.

2. As for your "Superman" comment (and your bus one previously), didn't somebody mention the word "hate" a bit earlier. I'll tell them to look you up.

It was the ignorance and hate that you and others on the right exhibited toward gay Americans that invalidated the measures intended to discriminate against gays.
What ignorance? What hate?
CCJ always casually throws the words "ignorance " and "hate" around, as if everyone who doesn't accept his politics was somehow a dummy and a hater. Actually, I've tested CCJ's knowledge level and he came out a ZERO. As for "hate" he can talk to JED for that.

1. Homosexuality is abnormal. That is a FACT, not an opinion. .
:link::link::link:
Don't need a link for that. Some things need links. Some don't. Nothing needs a link less than the fact that homosexuality is abnormal. Mother nature has provided the link for that. :biggrin:
you are obviously a wing nut ...no need to link
Scientists May Have Finally Unlocked Puzzle of Why People Are Gay - US News
A group of scientists suggested Tuesday [article date Dec. 11, 2012] that homosexuals get that trait from their opposite-sex parents: A lesbian will almost always get the trait from her father, while a gay man will get the trait from his mother.

The hereditary link of homosexuality has long been established, but scientists knew it was not a strictly genetic link, because there are many pairs of identical twins who have differing sexualities. Scientists from the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis say homosexuality seems to have an epigenetic, not a genetic link.

Long thought to have some sort of hereditary link, a group of scientists suggested Tuesday that homosexuality is linked to epi-marks — extra layers of information that control how certain genes are expressed. These epi-marks are usually, but not always, "erased" between generations. In homosexuals, these epi-marks aren't erased — they're passed from father-to-daughter or mother-to-son, explains William Rice, an evolutionary biologist at the University of California Santa Barbara and lead author of the study.

[

whoa.

To be even more specific, most incidents of child sexual abuse involve heterosexual males know to the victim in the form of a family member or close friend.
Even if this were true, what does that have to do with the necessity of keeping queers away from kids ? It not just a matter of molestation. They are harmful to kids whether the ever touch them or not. Just their ideas are a threat.

If queers were content with staying in the closet, or openly admitting they are the sex perverts that they are, that would be one thing that OK. But instead, they go around proclaiming their sick lifestyle as being normal, and try very hard, with "Pride" days and other such idiocy. It's because of that, they obviously can't be allowed to get near kids whose immature minds could fall prey to the wails of these loons. And since they can't reproduce, they must proselytize to keep their sick fringe from becoming extinct.

Nothing needs a link less than the fact that homosexuality is abnormal. Mother nature has provided the link for that. :biggrin:

He a wing nut ...no need to link
Further information:List of animals displaying homosexual behavior

Two male mallards,Anas platyrhynchos
Homosexual behavior in animalsis sexual behavior among non-human species that is interpreted as homosexual or bisexual. This may include sexual activity,courtship,affection,pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs. Research indicates that various forms of this are found throughout the animal kingdom.[1][2]As of 1999, about 500species, ranging from primates to gut worms, have been documented engaging in same-sex behaviors.[3][4]According to the organizers of the 2006

1. Homosexuality is abnormal. That is a FACT, not an opinion. .
:link::link::link:
Don't need a link for that. Some things need links. Some don't. Nothing needs a link less than the fact that homosexuality is abnormal. Mother nature has provided the link for that. :biggrin:

Homosexuality exists in both animals and humans. In every culture throughout history, there has been homosexuality. For homosexuals, their attraction to the same sex is both normal and natural.

Your aversion to homosexuality, is not normal. You are the pervert, not gays.

You DON'T LIKE THE LAW. don't frikken move to Indiana.

you people are for CHOCE until it's something you don't like
And don't do business in Indiana. Works for me.

But why would this silly governor have to seek clarification? Didn't he know what he was signing?

Chances are, he didn't. He's known to be quite a nimrod outside the wingnut bubble, as this article illustrates:

Then I tried to explain it to him, I said that if the government guaranteed to bail you out in case of losses, then investors would make riskier investments and the number of people who need bailing out would rise. He just flat-out denied this, said the presence or absence of a guaranteed bailout would have no impact on investor behavior. He seemed unaware that some portfolios are riskier than others, or that higher average rates of return are associated with greater risk taking. He didn’t know anything at all, in short, about investing, financial markets, or, seemingly, the basic terms of public policy. And yet there he was speaking on the topic at Heritage. He’s a total fraud.

Link

If I were hosting a seminar on the health risks of homosexual conduct, and I walked into a print shop to have them print up some booklets to hand out at the seminar, and the printer happened to be gay and told me he did not want to print what he considered to be "anti-gay propaganda," I would simply thank him for his time and go find another printer. I would never dream of suing him or otherwise trying to get him in trouble. I would respect his beliefs and feelings, even though I found them absurd.

Why can't gays show the same tolerance and respect for religious vendors who find gay marriage offensive?

This is *not* the same thing as refusing to serve someone a meal at your restaurant or refusing a couple a hotel room at your hotel. Food, lodging, auto repair, home repair, things like that, can be viewed as "basic" needs that any vendor should be willing to provide, regardless of race, lifestyle, creed, etc.
It isn't about the homosexuals it Is about the Christians. Destroying the church is the utmost important thing for progressives

You give yourself far too much credit. It's about being treated equally. Christians are protected by anti discrimination laws in Public Accommodation at a Federal level...unlike gays that are protected at a state or local level...states rights guy.
They should NOT be treated equally. They are not equal. worse yet, they are a threat to normal people, and thus should be discriminated against in various ways.

Forum List

Back