GOP official on Pat Toomey: "We didn't send him there to vote his conscience, do the right thing - or whatever"

I realize that this is a bit complicated for Trump supporters to understand, so please read it carefully and try to understand it before replying:

An elected official is generally supposed to represent the will of their constituency - the people who voted for them, the people who voted against them and the people who did not vote. Since the majority voted for them, they should weigh in favor of that majority.

However, that is only true to the extent that it is in keeping with their Oath of Office and any other official Oaths that they've taken per their office.

In this case their Oath taken as U.S. Senator and the Oath taken at the beginning of the impeachment trial overrides any obligation to their constituency.

In fact if they violate these oaths they should be removed from office - regardless of the will of their constituency.

" I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of (the president’s name), President of the United States, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: so help me God.”

43 U.S. Senators have befouled their oath of office and their Impeachment Oath and should be removed from office!!!!
Spare us your horseshit.

I knew that would be way too complicated for you to comprehend. It was intended for Trump supporters that have some shred of intelligence.
anyone who listens to what you have to say is a moron. 100% of Democrats voted to convict Trump. How is that "voting your conscience?" We all now the Democrat Reich would sell their own mothers for gold, so these claims about honesty and integrity are the most absurd horseshit imaginable

Only an F*cking idiot would believe that Trump was not guilty - which explains why you believe it.
It's A fucking idiot, not AN fucking idiot, genius.

That explains why you believe Trump was guilty, even though the impeachment managers presented no legally admissible evidence to support it.

Even McConnell made it clear that Trump was guilty - and that it should be pursued by the criminal justice system.

An idiot like you is too stupid to know what is and is not admissible evidence.
Ah yes. Even McConnell says.
You mean the one all on the left including the mainstream media called a liar, partisan hack.
You mean that McConnell?
All of a sudden his word is the end all?
You mean that McConnell?"
You mean the guy on the tail end of his political career and realizes his legacy will be dragged through the mud if he doesn't cow tow to the left?
You mean that McConnell?

Sort of like what McCain did?
Flake did?
Romney is doing?

You mean like that?

Wow...McConnell says..."and all of a sudden its the truth"

Richard - H
You do notice that when this little turd of a loser (bratpit) cannot dispute facts, how he replies.
A typical tRUMP turd.
:auiqs.jpg:
I realize that this is a bit complicated for Trump supporters to understand, so please read it carefully and try to understand it before replying:

An elected official is generally supposed to represent the will of their constituency - the people who voted for them, the people who voted against them and the people who did not vote. Since the majority voted for them, they should weigh in favor of that majority.

However, that is only true to the extent that it is in keeping with their Oath of Office and any other official Oaths that they've taken per their office.

In this case their Oath taken as U.S. Senator and the Oath taken at the beginning of the impeachment trial overrides any obligation to their constituency.

In fact if they violate these oaths they should be removed from office - regardless of the will of their constituency.

" I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of (the president’s name), President of the United States, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: so help me God.”

43 U.S. Senators have befouled their oath of office and their Impeachment Oath and should be removed from office!!!!
Spare us your horseshit.
wow.

That was a very mature post. And it spoke volumes.

Well done.

Spare us your horseshit.

I knew that would be way too complicated for you to comprehend. It was intended for Trump supporters that have some shred of intelligence.
Actually, he is correct. Spare us your horseshit.

Why?

Because it is horseshit.

If it wasn't, then every elected official would have a district wide vote for every decision he/she has to make before making it.

Thats not how it works....as much as you want to say it does.

An elected official votes based on how he campaigned he would vote. If he doesnt, he will be voted out next time.

I mean....you refer to Trump voters as unintelligent....yet you post horsehit like you did?

Sorry - Richard is 100% spot on. They all took an OATH. Do you deny that?
Diversion.

I disagree with the whole thing about "he/she is to represent all of the people. That is a myth. He/she is to apply the agenda they ran on. Nothing more. As long as their decisions are what they deem constitutional, for them to say "well, I said I would do A and the majority of the people voted for me to do A but I am aware that a large minority of people want me to do B....and I have to represent ALL of the people so I wont vote for anything." Is that how it is supposed to work?

Are you sure?

Is that how Biden is doing things?

Are you sure?

So you think it was not right for the Senators that supported the Confederacy to be expelled from the Senate?
Really?

That is how you respond?

Uh...there was a war that killed more Americans than any other war that hashed that out.

And that is your response?

Sorry Skippy....you have lost my interest.

So you don't have any response to my question.

I'm sure that's how you react whenever you lose an argument.
I didn't respond to your question because it has to do what was decided by war and surrender.

It is like comparing apples to garage doors.

Spare us your horseshit.

Why?

Because it is horseshit.

If it wasn't, then every elected official would have a district wide vote for every decision he/she has to make before making it.

An elected official votes based on how he campaigned he would vote. If he doesnt, he will be voted out next time.

I mean....you refer to Trump voters as unintelligent....yet you post horsehit like you did?

Diversion.

I disagree with the whole thing about "he/she is to represent all of the people. That is a myth. He/she is to apply the agenda they ran on. Nothing more. As long as their decisions are what they deem constitutional, for them to say "well, I said I would do A and the majority of the people voted for me to do A but I am aware that a large minority of people want me to do B....and I have to represent ALL of the people so I wont vote for anything." Is that how it is supposed to work?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

So you think it was not right for the Senators that supported the Confederacy to be expelled from the Senate?
Really?

That is how you respond?

Uh...there was a war that killed more Americans than any other war that hashed that out.

I didn't respond to your question because it has to do what was decided by war and surrender.

No. The Senators were expelled in 1861 according to the Senate rules - not by war or surrender.

Try researching the subject instead of taking wild guesses.

My friends, this is what a cult of personality looks like. Sad :confused:

A number of local parties in the presidential battleground state have already moved to censure Toomey, even before the vote over the weekend.​
In Washington County, GOP chairman Dave Ball said party members felt betrayed by Toomey and voted last week to censure the senator.​
“We did not send him there to vote his conscience, do the the right thing - or whatever he said he was doing". We sent him there to represent us,” Ball told KDKA, a CBS affiliate based in Pittsburgh.​

Senators, like all federal officials, take the sworn oath: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter."

For the impeachment trials, each senator, including the Republicans take an additional sworn oath: “I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be,) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of (trump, in this case), now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws.”

Toomey was sitting as a juror, and his oaths demanded his honesty and integrity. The whims and prejudices of his trump Nazi-constituents were unimportant in this matter,

Wrong, turd. We all know that politicians don't give a damn about any oaths they take. You can claim all you want that they are obligated to do this or that, but all the voters care about is them doing what the voters want. If they don't do what the voters want, then the voters will toss them out on their ear.

Furthermore, honesty and integrity required them to acquit Trump. The Dim impeachment managers had no legitimate evidence to convict him on. If they tried that shit in a real court of law, they would have been up on charges. Falsifying evidence is a serious crime, and that's what they did. All your horseshit about integrity and impartiality is a joke.

Spare us your horseshit.

Why?

Because it is horseshit.

Diversion.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Really?

That is how you respond?

No. The Senators were expelled in 1861 according to the Senate rules - not by war or surrender.

Try researching the subject instead of taking wild guesses.
What Senate Rules prescribed them to be expelled?

A number of local parties in the presidential battleground state have already moved to censure Toomey, even before the vote over the weekend.​
In Washington County, GOP chairman Dave Ball said party members felt betrayed by Toomey and voted last week to censure the senator.​
“We did not send him there to vote his conscience, do the the right thing - or whatever he said he was doing". We sent him there to represent us,” Ball told KDKA, a CBS affiliate based in Pittsburgh.​

So you have a problem with the way democracy is supposed to work? You wouldn't have a problem if Dim Senators voted to acquit Trump?

Don't lie.

Democrats did vote to acquit Trump last time and nobody censured them.

Republican Senators are sent to Washington to UPHOLD THE LAW. So much for Republicans being the party of law and order.

So you have a problem with the way democracy is supposed to work? You wouldn't have a problem if Dim Senators voted to acquit Trump?

Don't lie.

Republican Senators are sent to Washington to UPHOLD THE LAW. So much for Republicans being the party of law and order.

No Democrat voted to Acquit Trump, moron. The law says Republicans can vote to acquit. Democracy sure sucks sometimes, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Don't lie.

No Democrat voted to Acquit Trump, moron. The law says Republicans can vote to acquit. Democracy sure sucks sometimes, doesn't it?

Democrats Colin Peterson and Jeff Van Drew both voted in favour of acquittal in the House in the January impeachment , and Tulsi Gabbard abstained from voting. None were censured.

To bad, the poster is exactly that and deserves his comeuppance.
If you don't like it...to bad.
Maybe you are in the same category as (bratpit):auiqs.jpg:

Richard - H
You do notice that when this little turd of a loser (bratpit) cannot dispute facts, how he replies.
A typical tRUMP turd.

Spare us your horseshit.
wow.

Well done.

To bad, the poster is exactly that and deserves his comeuppance.
If you don't like it...to bad.
Maybe you are in the same category as (bratpit):auiqs.jpg:

Richard - H
A typical tRUMP turd.

Spare us your horseshit.
wow.

Well done.
The correct English is "too bad," not "to bad," you goose stepping NAZI dumbfuck.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Translation:

Shut the fuck up and let Trump put it in your butt. Party over Country !!!

They care more about their political party than America

Last edited:

Translation:

Shut up and let Trump put it in your butt. Party over Country !!!

Dims are the ones who are fucking us up the ass. How do wide open borders benefit Americans? The Green New Deal? Cutting tariffs on China? Importing Muslim "refugees" (terrorists)? This bogus "stimulus?"

Translation:

Indeed Banker, they don't give one holy CRAP about the Constitution or America.

Don't lie.

Democrats Colin Peterson and Jeff Van Drew both voted in favour of acquittal in the House in the January impeachment , and Tulsi Gabbard abstained from voting. None were censured.

The House doesn't vote on acquittal, moron.

Translation:

Whenever Democrat Nazis profess their love for the Constitution, real Americans laugh.

Wow you goosesteppers really have lost your minds

Translation:

Biden is going to crush covid and the economy will boom, with the stock market going even higher. And the Trumpers are going to hate it!

Translation:

Biden is going to crush covid and the economy will boom, with the stock market going even higher. And the Trumpers are going to hate it!

Trump would have made the economy boom, moron. He's already done it once. What's Biden's record?

Translation:

Trump would have made the economy boom, moron. He's already done it once. What's Biden's record?

Seeing how Trump lost his re-election and left office with a net loss of 3 million jobs, and the country in ruin due to his failure on covid I think it is safe to say Trump's record is terrible at best.

Trump is another Bush, a failed president, with a record low approval rating. How come all the bad presidents are Republicans?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back