Good Guys with a gun failed again

So I look at the timeline of events at the TX school shooting:
The gunman encountered a school district police officer, who wasn't able to stop him, Estrada said.
"He was engaged by an Uvalde ISD police officer who works here at the school. And then after that, he was engaged by two other officers from the Uvalde Police Department," Estrada said.

Officials haven't made clear how Ramos managed to get past the officers and open fire in adjacent classrooms.

Now explain to me how this happened? How do all these officers not stop an 18 year old punk with no training that just bought his guns 2 weeks ago?
“Only the police and military should have guns” is the oft used canard. They stood around for an hour before somebody with juevos breached.
Keep in mind, this all went down at lunch time, so the arrival of meal team 6 was delayed.
1653576826350.png

So I look at the timeline of events at the TX school shooting:
The gunman encountered a school district police officer, who wasn't able to stop him, Estrada said.
"He was engaged by an Uvalde ISD police officer who works here at the school. And then after that, he was engaged by two other officers from the Uvalde Police Department," Estrada said.

Officials haven't made clear how Ramos managed to get past the officers and open fire in adjacent classrooms.

Now explain to me how this happened? How do all these officers not stop an 18 year old punk with no training that just bought his guns 2 weeks ago?
I’d rather have a good guy with a gun who might fail vs. a bullshit sign that says “firearms prohibited” - that fails 100 percent of the time. Prove me wrong.

Military in confrontation with its own citizens faces the exact same challenges.

The point: we don't need f-15s and nukes to stop our own tyrannical government, as long as our government does not contunue to disarm us all because .00003% misuse firearms.

The other point: we need machine guns
We elected our tyrannical government.

BootneyLee Farnsworth said:
And you motherfuckers don't think we could take on our own government?
AFghanistan kicked russian and then our biden butt and then Biden gave them a king's fortune in weaponry and equipment so they could do even better.

Virginia Gov youngkin calls for Gen Ass to approve 50 million for resource officers for Virginia schools. LOLOLOL RESOURCE OFFICERS were the damn problem. THEY DID NOTHING.

My kids school locks down the school. NO ONE gets in. I suspect someone has a gun in there. Our lib run city schools have the sense, surprisingly to do the same thing.

THAT prevents a lot of shootings.

'Our' officers?

Do you live there?

Are you insituating ALL officers or just the ones this thread is about?

I simply stated that it sounds like the 3 officers who were unable to stop a kid from getting into the school and killing 21 people (19 kids, 2 adults) could benefit from some additional training and if they prove to not be good enough for the job perhaps other officers are needed.

So what exactly about that were you seemingly triggered by, especially after a well-trained BPA took out the shooter himself?
police are humans, maybe willing to try, but not many happy to die going up against an assault rifle. Only in the movies.

Mass shootings (a made-up term that has the very lowest bar to achieve) are NOT the only metrics of how civil a society is.

Address the mental health issues. Address the teaching of hatred we see nightly on our news channels, in our classrooms, on our streets, in our social media.

The children are watching and learning.

What they are learning is that hatred is okay. Frothing at the mouth, rabid behavior is okay.

It is okay to stand before a camera and video yourself attacking people. It is okay for armed gangs of people to run around and attack protestors. It is okay to burn buildings and kill when you don't get your way.

It is EVERYWHERE in America.

It is okay to hate, in America.

The evidence in this and all other school shootings suggests that classroom teachers be armed and trained with weapons capable of shooting through body armor.

(I arrived at this conclusion through the process of critical thinking. :biggrin:)
No you certainly didn't.

Body armor doesn't stop you from being knocked on your ass and dazed long enough for someone to finish the job or at least to disarm you.

This guy belongs to the Left, so they are shutting up. Hispanic, maybe not legal, bad childhood, parents worthless, possibly sexually deviant.
Since he was living with his grandmother in Uvalde the chances he was an illegal are pretty slim.

Those children in that school were overwhelmingly hispanic origins and names. So was the shooter. yeah....i believe it will disappear very quickly. The media will milk it for awhile for their own agenda which is the same as the demo'rats and then *POOF* gone.
So is all of S. Texas and a traditionally heavily blue solid win for the dem's. Uvalde is actually an exception to that rule being pretty solidly republican.

I want to know too Circe The public needs to know what goes on. They need to see this devastation to know what it looks like. We talked about that in a topic HERE about the buffalo shooter, till it was removed because some leftie had a cow over it.
No, the public absolutely doesn't need to see the gory details nor do the families need to live with knowing those images are spread all over the internet.

So the reality now seems to be that it takes the entire police force plus help to stop the bad guy with a gun. Why is that? We've seen this before. Why is the shooter so hard to stop?
He was done shooting for an hour before the final confrontation at least from what's being reported today.

The age of one cop showing up for a shoot out with a bad guy ended decades ago, as a rule they always rely on overwhelming force and won't go in until they have both that level of force to bring to bear but every possible protective device they can for themselves.

Forum List

Back