Good Bye Aunt Jemima

:lol:

LMFAO quacker oats went overboard this time

From your creditable link.

Sheila also speaks fluent Italian, likes U2, is bisexual, and enjoys cross-country skiing.

Yes, we all knew that Aunt Jemima was living on borrowed time.

Regardless of what one thinks about BLM, it is time to get rid of that stereotypical image and even the name.

I think that Uncle Ben's rice should go next. In the South, "uncle" was a patronizing title for an older African American man, for people in those days did not want to confer the title "Mr." African Americans are very sensitive about titles, and I can understand their feelings. I remember that some people were upset when President Obama was often referred to as just "Obama." Some people thought it was a deliberate snub.

African Americans are very sensitive about titles

Tru Dat -

They go out of their way to name kids - Prince, Champ, Boss and the like.
This ruins my plans to market a breakfast condiment to black consumer. I was going to call it "Purple Drank Sizzurp." Active ingredients would come straight from today's urban streets. They are: codeine, cough syrup, and hard candy. Our motto was going to be " Start Yo Day High as a Mothafucka!"

Dey be buying it.

When does wil this nonsense end? I worked in the grocery industry for years and my accounts included Black-owned stores, and they stocked Aunt Jemima on the shelves. Why, if it was so offensive.

Quaker Oats announced it is changing the name of its Aunt Jemima brand of syrup and pancake mix — recognizing “Aunt Jemima’s origins are based on racial stereotype.”

The brand is 130-years-old and features a rendering of a black woman named Aunt Jemima. NBC News reported the woman was originally dressed as a minstrel character. The image of the woman has changed throughout the years.

The company said the image will be removed with the name change.
View attachment 351416

Good news for Mrs. Butterworth with Jemima's withdrawal from the competitive syrup market.
/----/ " Good news for Mrs. Butterworth "
Rumor is Mrs Butterworth will be scrapped as well. Even though she is White, the syrup makes her appear Black in the clear bottle.
1592496464453.png

Best non-maple syrup is Aunt Jemima. Pancakes are like desert for breakfast. Don’t do it except on special occasions but when you do, do AJ.

Who are the two most famous black women in US history?
Aunt Jemima and Mutha Fucka.
LMFAO!
So I gotta ask: Can I still use Black Strap Molasses, or will I be condemned a white slavery racist if I do?
/——-/ As an evil, racist, homophobic, anti-science, woman hating White guy, you’re not allowed to use any product or service that has Black in the name. Now, let the healing begin.

Forum List

Back