Good Bye Aunt Jemima

A picture on a bottle of syrup that no one today knows the origin is apparently racist. I thought she was juts a kind black lady that knew how to make syrup. (That's my 50% white privilege speaking. My Hispanic side wants to smack a white person) Maybe she'll be replaced with a white woman. Well, if the company does it right she'll be replaced with a trans-black man.

I don't care.
Log Cabin syrup always has been much, much better.
That will have to be replaced. Offensive to Native Americans. Homesteaders stole the land from them.

Quaker foods has decided to remove both of these brands in light of the whole black animal protest thing.

OK, I give up. Why is showing a black person on the label modeled after life in the south, especially back a century ago, now "racist imagery?" I kinda liked Aunt Jemima syrup! I used to dip my animal crackers in it, the ones behind bars.

6252130_061720-cc-shutterstock-aunt-jemima-uncle-bens-img.jpg

Quaker foods has decided to remove both of these brands in light of the whole black animal protest thing.

OK, I give up. Why is showing a black person on the label modeled after life in the south, especially back a century ago, now "racist imagery?" I kinda liked Aunt Jemima syrup! I used to dip my animal crackers in it, the ones behind bars.

View attachment 351573

I agree. When I think of aunt jemima I think of an old black lady who grew up making delicious foods out of the poorest of ingredients. Those old people can cook.

I called it yesterday, before today's event even happened. Am I a fuckin' wizard or what?

:auiqs.jpg:

LOL @ racially stereotypical mural in my post office

po2-jpg.351080

0*UdcTnFJVOTBClL_2.jpg

I never looked at Uncle Ben before this bullshit that he might be a house nigga'..
...:dunno:.
And I'm a 66 yr. old white dude!
I swear, BLM and their mobocracy is turning me into a rascist!
Am I woke? Can I finally see clearly now?
Fuck an' A!

A picture on a bottle of syrup that no one today knows the origin is apparently racist. I thought she was juts a kind black lady that knew how to make syrup. (That's my 50% white privilege speaking. My Hispanic side wants to smack a white person) Maybe she'll be replaced with a white woman. Well, if the company does it right she'll be replaced with a trans-black man.

I don't care.
That will have to be replaced. Offensive to Native Americans. Homesteaders stole the land from them.

What will they change the name to?
Mud Hogan Hut?

I view it as racism to remove the images. These are famous name brands, they are an example of the great influence black people had on our food culture. It's just too bad Herman Cain was not able to beat that meat puppet faggot in 2012.

I don't care.

What will they change the name to?
Mud Hogan Hut?
No. "Mother Earth Maple Syrup...We Never Take More Than We Need to Survive." Alternative: "We Showed the White Dogs How to Make this Shit." Will they change to label? I have my reservations.

Last edited:

and they were killed by the same people that kill thousands of blacks every year ...other blacks.

It's probably not widely known, but the ultra-liberal Ebay is the single biggest marketplace for racist and stereotypical collectibles. There's an entire category for it, Collectibles/Cultures & Ethnicities/Black Americana.

Take for instance this enameled sterling spoon with a racist image painted on it: It sold at auction for $333.99...

RARE! Black Americana Souvenir Painted Enamel Sterling Spoon New Orleans Racist | eBay

This sold for $152.50...

Vtg Black Americana RASTUS NI**er TOES Brazil Nuts Cardboard Container Racist | eBay

A boy's stealing watermelons cast iron bank, $2,406.00..

RARE Antique Kyser Rex Black Americana Boys Stealing Watermelons Mechanical Bank | eBay

Lots more here:

black americana in Black Americana Collectibles | eBay

Yes, we all knew that Aunt Jemima was living on borrowed time.

Regardless of what one thinks about BLM, it is time to get rid of that stereotypical image and even the name.

I think that Uncle Ben's rice should go next. In the South, "uncle" was a patronizing title for an older African American man, for people in those days did not want to confer the title "Mr." African Americans are very sensitive about titles, and I can understand their feelings. I remember that some people were upset when President Obama was often referred to as just "Obama." Some people thought it was a deliberate snub.

African Americans are very sensitive about titles

Tru Dat -

They go out of their way to name kids - Prince, Champ, Boss and the like.
Don't forget "Coco Crisp"

That's not Aunt Jemima. That's her granddaughter.

This is Aunt Jemima.

hqdefault.jpg

Some clown in the UK is complaining about the three white boys on the Rice Krispies box.
Reminds me of my buddies mammy,Elsie. Great lady and kept us young teenage crackaz in line ! Good cook too.

Regardless of what one thinks about BLM, it is time to get rid of that stereotypical image and even the name.

I think that Uncle Ben's rice should go next. In the South, "uncle" was a patronizing title for an older African American man, for people in those days did not want to confer the title "Mr." African Americans are very sensitive about titles, and I can understand their feelings. I remember that some people were upset when President Obama was often referred to as just "Obama." Some people thought it was a deliberate snub.

Tru Dat -

This ruins my plans to market a breakfast condiment to black consumer. I was going to call it "Purple Drank Sizzurp." Active ingredients would come straight from today's urban streets. They are: codeine, cough syrup, and hard candy. Our motto was going to be " Start Yo Day High as a Mothafucka!"

That would be because ebay is a website to sell shit. Other than anything illegal you can sell anything on there.

They do have alot of stupid rules. Gun parts are ok but no receivers, which the ATF considers the actual "firearm." BUt you also have to sell them individually, not in lots that came out of the same gun.

No pistol or rifle magazine with a higher than ten round capacity, nothing that has "AR-15" or AK-47" in the description. No gun parts can be shipped internationally.

The word "Native American" or 'Indian" can't be used in a description unless you have a certificate of authenticity, or permission from the tribe that it came from.

Absolutely nothing made of or containing ivory, some exotic rare woods, or anything that came from an "endangered species." No bone handled" anything, unless you state what kind of bone it is.

Nothing that either has or did have at one time a swastika on it, like old helmets, daggers, etc. Absolutely no knives of any kind can be shipped internationally.

Nothing with the image of a Confederate flag on it, not even Dukes of Hazard toys.

A bunch of other frickin' rules they can ding you on too.

Last edited:
Nancy Green was spokesperson for Aunt Jamima pancake mix in 1890. Born a slave in Kentucky. She was a talented cook. She received a medal at the Columbian Exposition in Chicago. Nancy received a lifetime contract to portray Aunt Jamima. Ms. Green was an organizer of Olivet Baptist Church and was an activist in antipoverty programs. She was one of the first African-American missionary workers. She was in favor of equal rights. Yeah let's erase her from history...great idea....:doubt:

Tru Dat -

This ruins my plans to market a breakfast condiment to black consumer. I was going to call it "Purple Drank Sizzurp." Active ingredients would come straight from today's urban streets. They are: codeine, cough syrup, and hard candy. Our motto was going to be " Start Yo Day High as a Mothafucka!"

...and finish your day passed out in a fast food drive-thru!

Forum List

Back