Global Warming. Here's the thing.

Where did I state that the output of solar panels would be zero. The only way the output could be zero is if they were in the dark and as cold as it is possible for humans to make it. And even then it probably wouldn't be completely zero. Because any amount of infrared radiation would probably produce some electrons.
I need a comma there, as you have stated, the output would be zero.

Meaning, if you took a panel to test, and hooked up a voltmeter, the output would be zero.

You did not mention anything about a load. Without a load no power will be drawn. Solar panels are load dependent. Just saying, your simpleton scenario lacks technical details.

Further, would you not be interested in the amount of amperage they can provide vs voltage? Of course, all that will be known before they are taken out in the sun? The people who make solar panels will know the power output based on how they designed the panel.

Voltmeter? No way, if they conducted any sort of test they will need a dummy load and the ability to measure watts. Maybe they would use a multimeter, I doubt you can find many meters that only measure voltage these days.

I don't know how many people Three Mile Island killed. Nobody was killed right away. But enough radiation was released that no doubt caused problems farther down the road. Next, if you don't believe what I say, look it up yourself. Fool.

I don't know how many people Three Mile Island killed.

Zero.

But enough radiation was released that no doubt caused problems farther down the road.

Liar.

Next, if you don't believe what I say,

You haven't been right about anything yet, why would I believe you now?

In anywhere from 1 to 4 years, solar panels create enough energy to equal the amount of energy it took to create them. That is from mining the materials they are made of to the finished product.
First, you will have to run the Oil Industry on solar. You will have to drill the wells using solar power. Is that possible. How big of a solar farm will you need to drill an oil well. You need the chemicals from Oil to manufacture solar panels.

can solar do this, if it can, they must be doing this somewhere, where do they drill for oil using solar? should I go on?

I looked it up before. Though I just did so again. Maybe you should too. According to one website, they last anywhere from 25 to 30 years. Solar panel technology is improving all the time.
google says? ha, ha, ha. A rooftop solar panel may last a long time but commercial solar panels do not. They will burn out in less than 10 years. There is a big difference. Of course rooftop solar is now connected to the grid so they may burn out in less time as well.

Like I said, solar panels are load dependent, heavy use burns them out real fast.

I don't know how many people Three Mile Island killed. Nobody was killed right away. But enough radiation was released that no doubt caused problems farther down the road. Next, if you don't believe what I say, look it up yourself. Fool.
I worked inside of three mile island 30 years ago, I dont need to look it up.

You so stupid yet you spew all this stuff out like you know what you are talking about. Why is that, what makes you think you know anything when it is obvious that you take no time to even read about what you talk about. You have all these opinions from watching TV and you try to express them here as if you know something, you do not.

How much radiation was released? What kind of Radiation? What was the half life of the radiaton released? Why is every house, and every city close to three mile island, still inhabited?

I have been to three mile island at least half a dozen times for work. I have been exposed to radiation from three mile island. I know many other people much older than me, that have worked there as well. We are all fine.

How is that possible?

I invited toddster to piss off. How about you join him.
I happy to see that you can not back up your opinion with any sort of fact at all. I am not here trying to teach you, educate you, or change your mind. A man born a fool remains a fool.

I am just showing those who casually read these forums that those who support Solar and Wind know nothing about it. I am here showing that solar and wind have failed and the only thing that keeps them operating is trillions of dollars.

How can you be a mod and be so full of shit. People who actually create solar panels don't make up what their power output is. In all likelihood they take them out into direct sunlight, face them squarely towards the sun and measure what their output is with a voltmeter. Next, you would need double the amount of solar panels it would take to power your house during the day. That is with either your house running an air conditioner or heating the house. The rest you would store for night time use. If your house's roof and possibly your garage's roof isn't enough for that, then the extra would have to come from solar farms elsewhere.

Not FOS. Dont bother trying. The power output DEPENDS ON angle to the sun.. Pure and simple. It's you who haven't given an ounce of thought or effort to research and understand. So everything said is COMPLETELY true.. And the fact that you're impugning I'm the idiot or James Hansen is an idiot means that's no discussion or educational value here wasting time with you..

No doubt you saw the picture of the U.S. that I posted somewhere that has an area in yellow showing the total amount of solar panels it would take to power the U.S. both day and night. And with them only lasting about 25 years, they may have to be continually be getting replaced. It may not be easy to do, but it can be done. It isn't anything near as difficult as building the pyramids was for Egypt or building the great wall was for China. If Mr Hansen thinks it can't be done, he's an idiot.

How can you simply DODGE all the assertions I made about how CHILDISH this "map" thing was? Gave you 3 or 5 SOLID PROBLEMS with this fairy tale and you completely ignore them rather than TELLING ME WHY MY ASSERTIONS are wrong. That's not a discussion, more like talking to some religious zealot who isn't INTERESTED in defending their views.

Possible reasons for that reluctance to actually discuss are -

1) You can't. Either not ready to argue facts, definitions on the "beliefs" that you hold.

Or

2) You wont do it do because your beliefs are based more on FAITH in every bit crap you read on the Internet that FITS your religious defense of said beliefs..

It's hard to say. I'm not an electrical engineer. But I do know ti takes a lot of electricity to power an aluminum smelting plant. A lot more than any steel plant. Let's say that either kind of factory had around of 10 acres of combined rooftop and parking lot solar panels. That should put out a pretty good amount of electricity.

I AM an electrical engineer.. With aux degrees in Biomedical Engineering and Signal/Image Processing.. THIS STUFF is child's play compared to my career..

You're not listening. You're not discussing. You're DREAMING mostly and repeating a whole bunch of crap that you've been SUPER SOLD on by skillful marketing of "alternatives"..

It's NOT 10 acres., You should stop embarrassing yourself and answer the assertions I MADE.. Do heavy plants run NIGHT SHIFTS??

Batteries or "capacitors" ARE NOT a solution to that. In fact, If the people of this country dont WAKE the FUCK UP -- a "battery centric" work-around for the FAILURES of wind and solar coupled with the MANDATES to push for "all electric vehicles" WILL LITERALLY BURY US in an ecological and economic armageddon..

I'd go into detail about how UNSUSTAINABLE and ENVIRONMENTALLY DESTRUCTIVE burying ourselves knee deep in Lithium batteries would be -- but this "dream" of yours is not allowing you to think critically in any manner.

solar panels on a solar farm do not last 25 years, where do you get that figure, you made it up, didnt you.

Really depends where you live and how well you maintain them.. If you live in a hail prone region, they could be dead in 5 to 10 years. A place with lots of ice or blowing sand -- maybe 8 to 15 years.

If you keep them from debris, dust, and wash them regularly to remove soot, mold, algae they CAN "last" 25 years. But their output will be about 75% of their RATED maximum by that time..

Deleted 2 or 3 "all personal posts". You can resort to adult language in this forum, but every post MUST CONTAIN "specific topical content" to show you CARE about the specific topic.

Refrain from getting 100% personal or get warned and/or thread-banned.

What if there is nothing to human caused global warming, but we did something about it anyway. What's the worst that could happen. We live more equitably within our ecological environment. But what is the worst that can happen if human caused global warming is real. As I think it is. And accelerating. As I think it is also. The worst is that humans don't have long for this planet. You decide. Which approach is best.
My concern would be that we would focus on low carbon emissions whilst carrying on polluting the environment with other nastier pathogens, the sea levels have been rising since Neolithic times

Do you know why the vast majority say that human caused global warming is a reality? Because it is. What does that mean? It means that your graphs are bullshit cooked up by some deniers. Most likely ones who get paid by energy companies to deny.
Science isn't decided by popular opinion. Science is decided by data. And the data overwhelmingly shows that the earth is cooling. No one cooked up the data.

F2.large.jpg

I need a comma there, as you have stated, the output would be zero.

Meaning, if you took a panel to test, and hooked up a voltmeter, the output would be zero.

You did not mention anything about a load. Without a load no power will be drawn. Solar panels are load dependent. Just saying, your simpleton scenario lacks technical details.

Further, would you not be interested in the amount of amperage they can provide vs voltage? Of course, all that will be known before they are taken out in the sun? The people who make solar panels will know the power output based on how they designed the panel.

Voltmeter? No way, if they conducted any sort of test they will need a dummy load and the ability to measure watts. Maybe they would use a multimeter, I doubt you can find many meters that only measure voltage these days.

A voltmeter, a multimeter, whatever you want to call it. A device for testing the voltage and amperage of a battery or anything else involving electricity flowing from one point to another through a wire. Solar panels create electricity. Electricity can be measured. Also, they do put out more electricity depending on the load. But what in the hell does load have to do with anything. The whole point that you flacel and toddster keep harping on is that solar panels can't put out enough load to power the U.S.

A voltmeter, a multimeter, whatever you want to call it. A device for testing the voltage and amperage of a battery or anything else involving electricity flowing from one point to another through a wire. Solar panels create electricity. Electricity can be measured. Also, they do put out more electricity depending on the load. But what in the hell does load have to do with anything. The whole point that you flacel and toddster keep harping on is that solar panels can't put out enough load to power the U.S.

You should install all the more expensive, less reliable energy you want.
Just don't spend any of my money on your idiocy.

I don't know how many people Three Mile Island killed.

Zero.

But enough radiation was released that no doubt caused problems farther down the road.

Liar.

Next, if you don't believe what I say,

You haven't been right about anything yet, why would I believe you now?

Just a few days ago I watched a TV shoe that went into detail about everything that happened at Three Mile Island. Radiation was released into the environment. I don't know exactly what the numbers mean, but the radiation released was 2.5 MCi. The same as the Fukushima nuclear disaster. As for assessing the human damage of TMI, there was a gag order put in place over the matter by a federal judge named Sylvia Rambo. PS. You suck.

First, you will have to run the Oil Industry on solar. You will have to drill the wells using solar power. Is that possible. How big of a solar farm will you need to drill an oil well. You need the chemicals from Oil to manufacture solar panels.

can solar do this, if it can, they must be doing this somewhere, where do they drill for oil using solar? should I go on?

I would ask you to stop being an idiot. But I don't think you're capable of it. If you had no oil industry, you wouldn't need any solar power to run them. Also, I was watching some program once on TV not all that long ago. They were showing city lights in the U.S. at nighttime from space. Out in the areas of Montana and the Dakotas they showed a huge area of lights where there were no large cities. What was causing those lights were oil wells burning off excess gas. Gas that just went to waste. And helped heat the atmosphere. That gas could have powered anything that the oil industry in the area would have needed. Next, you can use electricity to drill for oil. On a much smaller scale I drill things all the time with electricity. Using an electric drill.

google says? ha, ha, ha. A rooftop solar panel may last a long time but commercial solar panels do not. They will burn out in less than 10 years. There is a big difference. Of course rooftop solar is now connected to the grid so they may burn out in less time as well.

Like I said, solar panels are load dependent, heavy use burns them out real fast.

It is possible to get solar panels that are constructed a little differently. Different companies tend to often make slightly different versions of the same kind of product. But generally speaking, there isn't a damn bit of difference between a "commercial" solar panel or a solar panel you may use on your roof. Neither do I think that usage will effect their lifespan. So what. Are you going to force me to look it up? So you can just come up with yet different bullshit? Why don't you just go away.

I worked inside of three mile island 30 years ago, I dont need to look it up.

You so stupid yet you spew all this stuff out like you know what you are talking about. Why is that, what makes you think you know anything when it is obvious that you take no time to even read about what you talk about. You have all these opinions from watching TV and you try to express them here as if you know something, you do not.

How much radiation was released? What kind of Radiation? What was the half life of the radiaton released? Why is every house, and every city close to three mile island, still inhabited?

I have been to three mile island at least half a dozen times for work. I have been exposed to radiation from three mile island. I know many other people much older than me, that have worked there as well. We are all fine.

How is that possible?

So you had some limited association with the nuclear industry. How much are they paying you to spout bullshit.

I happy to see that you can not back up your opinion with any sort of fact at all. I am not here trying to teach you, educate you, or change your mind. A man born a fool remains a fool.

I am just showing those who casually read these forums that those who support Solar and Wind know nothing about it. I am here showing that solar and wind have failed and the only thing that keeps them operating is trillions of dollars.

The only thing you ever show me is how stupid you are. As for wind power, I never supported it. I still don't. Why? Because the wind doesn't always blow. But the sun always shines. And even on cloudy days, you get electricity from solar panels. Maybe not as much as in direct sunlight. But enough to still make them worth the effort.

Just a few days ago I watched a TV shoe that went into detail about everything that happened at Three Mile Island. Radiation was released into the environment. I don't know exactly what the numbers mean, but the radiation released was 2.5 MCi. The same as the Fukushima nuclear disaster. As for assessing the human damage of TMI, there was a gag order put in place over the matter by a federal judge named Sylvia Rambo. PS. You suck.

I don't know exactly what the numbers mean, but the radiation released was 2.5 MCi. The same as the Fukushima nuclear disaster.

Not even close, you fucking liar.

As for assessing the human damage of TMI, there was a gag order put in place over the matter by a federal judge named Sylvia Rambo.

That was John Rambo.

1632694859401.png

He said you should stop being such a fag.

Forum List

Back