Global Warming. Here's the thing.

I can't find it any more. But there is no denying that Fukushima was worse than TMI. A couple containment buildings blew up at Fukushima. The containment building at TMI didn't. But it did still release some radiation. And the core there did partially melt down.
yet nobody died or got hurt? Is that not what you claimed? And what kind of radiation got released at TMI compared to Fukushima?

And why do we operate nuclear plants just like Fukushima without any problems?

It is kind of funny, your replies are always the same, "I read it somewhere but forgot and can't find it no more."

TMI, three layers of containment and no problem. Was any layer breached?

The load is the USA and all it's industry, housing, every light, everything that uses electricity. That is a tremendous amount of power. Power measured in wattage, which is voltage times current. Setting a solar panel in the sun, hooking up a multimeter with no load will show voltage but no amperage. Hook up one light, that uses a 100 watts, the light will draw the power it needs, and you will be able to measure that power. But, the solar panel may be able to provide a 1000 watts.

It really is a tiny amount of power each solar panel can supply. If you ever get the chance to look at a panel, the cord coming from it is about as big as the cord on a lamp.

Yet, you can connect tens of thousands together to create more power. And in doing so, connecting that power to the grid, which was already supplying us enough power, you have to take power away or the solar panels will never be used. So, now you have solar panels supplying the load but only while the sun is shining.

Can industry wait until the sun shines, to start producing? And at that, we only have a few hours that the sun can provide electricity. So, where do we get the power until the sun shines? The answer that does not help us today is batteries? But that assumes Solar can meet the entire demand of industry and at the same time provide the power to the batteries?

We can imagine or dream that solar and batteries can do this, but they can not. Then of course, as soon as the sun starts to go down the current drops dramatically, which creates a drop across the grid. Voltage spikes, current spikes, varying frequency. It gets pretty technical and complicated. Basically intermittent power causes chaos on the grid.

Now we have engineers that monitor the grid, turning on and off power, trying to keep the whole thing under control. People we did not need in the past, equipment we did not need in the past, and this is only the beginning.

The goal of solar will be to charge batteries and then sell power from a constant source that is not interrupted by clouds and rain or the night.

The cost, only a trillion dollars a year for the next 50 years. Of course with the government, things always cost more than stated and they take longer. So we have proposed to do something that has never been done to replace a system that is relatively cheap, inexpensive, and efficient.

So far solar is proven, not to work, not able to do what is dreamed. Can it be fixed for an extreme price, we do not know so everything is a grand experiment with us footing the bill, and that bill may be paid with more than dollars. It may be paid with people losing power during the winter, or not being able to afford the power in winter. The consequences of that as seen in the past, is they die in the cold.

In england, they are shutting down factories because there is no wind or little wind blowing to supply the wind turbines. Could be food shortages, but I doubt that, just scare tactics in the newspapers, perhaps. But the fact is Green energy failed in England and across Europe and the price of energy, not just electricity, is sky rocketing.

I dont expect to change you. I dont expect to change any of the veteran posters. But, if you read my posts, all my posts, you will see that I have answered crick, old crock, and just about everyone else who supports green energy. I have not only answered but I have linked to in depth scholarly articles.

But it all comes down to common sense.

Common sense. I saw the original wind turbines in California, tens of thousands 70' high. The company that installed them went bankrupt no sooner than they were installed. They covered miles of land. It was millions of tons of natural resources and the power they supplied was insignificant. Long story short, those wind turbines were replaced by the next generation. The scientific answer to the lack of power of the first generation, make them bigger? Millions of tons of natural resources and again there was literally, no power to speak of. California imported more power, year after year. And, Green energy company after green energy company went bankrupt. And once again, they tore down the 2nd generation turbines and replaced them with the 3rd generation. Are they on the 4th generation yet.

Common sense, how do you build something so big, and so many, that they are literally thousands of times larger than what is physically small in comparison, a nuclear power plant, and yet those thousands of turbines and millions of solar panels still do not equal the power of a nuclear power plant. How do you build all that and not see that you are wasting natural resources and getting too little in return.

Every human know needs to destroy ten square miles of earth to supply the power they will need in their life? Every human will know need a million tons of natural resources?

Common sense, you cant build the largest industry in the world, which is what green energy will have to become, you can not make the largest industry in the world, which provides a tiny amount of power, yet uses more resources than everything else, and reduce co2 or any kind of pollution.

Green energy is a scam, I feel I can not articulate the huge waste, the amount of material, versus the little return we get. I can not articulate that as I wish. But it is true, you use more to get less. They claim it is clean, but they must hide the fact that the largest heavy industry in the world will be created, spewing more pollution than ever created before, to make the "clean" energy. That industry includes mining, drilling for oil, the chemical industry, manufacturing, etc., etc..

You sure do say a lot without saying anything. Solar panels work. They are known to work. Many houses and businesses use them. Also, I was looking up a new home that Ed Begley Jr had built. Granted, I don't know how often he runs his air conditioner or things like that. But he is big on solar panels. And his electric bill is about $10.00 a month.

And, everything anyone wants to build will be built using oil. Of course what you build in the future will demand more oil. So you propose to increase the use of oil. Not save or preserve the oil. You must use all the oil to build a battery you will throw away in a few years.

You will destroy the earth trying to save the earth?

Just about anything that is constructed or run with oil or coal power can be done with solar power. As for plastic, they should just about completely ban that stuff.

It has been true for decades that petroleum is too valuable as a material resource to burn it for fuel. I have no problem with turning oil into durable goods, It's a far better use than combusting it and throwing the exhaust into the air.

Plastics are useful. But they are terrible for the environment. And even recycling plastics is a joke. We need a better alternative. Such as stores going back to paper bags instead of plastic bags.

yet nobody died or got hurt? Is that not what you claimed? And what kind of radiation got released at TMI compared to Fukushima?

And why do we operate nuclear plants just like Fukushima without any problems?

It is kind of funny, your replies are always the same, "I read it somewhere but forgot and can't find it no more."

TMI, three layers of containment and no problem. Was any layer breached?

Some radiation was released at TMI. Maybe not much. But there isn't a safe amount of radiation. From what I read, TMI was cleaned up to the extant possible and sealed off. But it will remain a radioactive sight indefinitely.

You sure do say a lot without saying anything. Solar panels work. They are known to work. Many houses and businesses use them. Also, I was looking up a new home that Ed Begley Jr had built. Granted, I don't know how often he runs his air conditioner or things like that. But he is big on solar panels. And his electric bill is about $10.00 a month.
sure they work, and the cost is going to be trillions of dollars and no electricity for everybody.

California increases it's imported electricity every year, from coal powered plants in wyoming.
Oregon exports wind energy to california at an expensive price, while purchasing cheap power made at coal plants in wyoming.

California, in order to be "green", will soon have to quit producing food, for they will not have the electricity for industry or agriculture, if they actually follow through with the laws they have passed to be a "green" electricity state.

Yes, be big on the government program that forces utilities to pay people for solar, it is failing, sure you get a check but profits are down at the utilities. Some are even going bankrupt.

Just about anything that is constructed or run with oil or coal power can be done with solar power. As for plastic, they should just about completely ban that stuff.
Not a steel plant, not a cement plant, not a polysilicon plant working for solar, not the water department in los Angeles.
Plastic? Yes, let us ban plastics, or anything less useful. So you agree we should ban Solar and Wind power. They use more natural resources, they are extremely expensive, and we get a trickle of electricity from solar and wind, at intermittent times. If plastic needs to be banned you have made the argument that solar and wind, being a huge waste, should go.

Some radiation was released at TMI. Maybe not much. But there isn't a safe amount of radiation. From what I read, TMI was cleaned up to the extant possible and sealed off. But it will remain a radioactive sight indefinitely.
I been there, to TMI many times. You can not even answer what kind of radiation was released which is very important.

If there is not a safe amount of radiation, you must ban bananas, which are naturally radioactive. If there is no safe amount of radiation how do go outside and live through the background radiation?

Radiation, again, what was released at TMI?

Plastics are useful. But they are terrible for the environment. And even recycling plastics is a joke. We need a better alternative. Such as stores going back to paper bags instead of plastic bags.
Plastic is from the earth, been part of the earth for millions of years, and now you say it is bad for the earth? How, why? And seeings how a certain percentage of oil will always be plastics, what do you plan on doing with the plastic if you do not use it? Right now, the asshole green energy nuts burn plastic for electricity and call it renewable.

No. Like scientists being fired for not coming up with the "right" answer.
That will come later when solar cycle 25 reaches levels not seen since the Dalton Minimum of the early 1800's.

When that happens you will see a whole bunch of people lose their jobs because they came up with the wrong answer. And people are gonna be pissed too.

sure they work, and the cost is going to be trillions of dollars and no electricity for everybody.

California increases it's imported electricity every year, from coal powered plants in wyoming.
Oregon exports wind energy to california at an expensive price, while purchasing cheap power made at coal plants in wyoming.

California, in order to be "green", will soon have to quit producing food, for they will not have the electricity for industry or agriculture, if they actually follow through with the laws they have passed to be a "green" electricity state.

Yes, be big on the government program that forces utilities to pay people for solar, it is failing, sure you get a check but profits are down at the utilities. Some are even going bankrupt.

Have you ever bought a solar panel system? If not, you can't say how much they cost. And if you did, there are government programs that will pay for most if not all of it. They wouldn't do that if they didn't do far more good than harm.

Not a steel plant, not a cement plant, not a polysilicon plant working for solar, not the water department in los Angeles.
Plastic? Yes, let us ban plastics, or anything less useful. So you agree we should ban Solar and Wind power. They use more natural resources, they are extremely expensive, and we get a trickle of electricity from solar and wind, at intermittent times. If plastic needs to be banned you have made the argument that solar and wind, being a huge waste, should go.

Anything that uses heat in its manufacturing process can be done with solar panels.

I been there, to TMI many times. You can not even answer what kind of radiation was released which is very important.

If there is not a safe amount of radiation, you must ban bananas, which are naturally radioactive. If there is no safe amount of radiation how do go outside and live through the background radiation?

Radiation, again, what was released at TMI?

Does it matter what kind of radiation was released? Though from what I read it was in the form of radioactive gas. Which was dispersed. And of course we are naturally exposed to some radiation. But anything we add to it isn't good.

Have you ever bought a solar panel system? If not, you can't say how much they cost. And if you did, there are government programs that will pay for most if not all of it. They wouldn't do that if they didn't do far more good than harm.
Never in the history of our great country, has there been a product so shitty the government has to pay people to take it and or use it.

I can say how much they cost, and I can say how well they work. I guess you can not say either, hence you think nobody else can?

So bad is solar, the government must pay people to use them. And why, it is all about money, nothing more. Politicians get rich pushing solar and wind. Why do you think Obama made $100 million dollar simply by giving speeches. How did the clintons make $250 million giving speeches?

They are getting paid off for something, solar and wind is certainly part of that.

Plastic is from the earth, been part of the earth for millions of years, and now you say it is bad for the earth? How, why? And seeings how a certain percentage of oil will always be plastics, what do you plan on doing with the plastic if you do not use it? Right now, the asshole green energy nuts burn plastic for electricity and call it renewable.

There is no such thing as naturally occurring plastic. At least not that I've ever heard of. Plastic is a man made material. Next, burning plastics isn't necessarily a bad thing. If the temperature is high enough it will completely destroy any molecule. Leaving only various atoms as a byproduct. And any bad ones such as sulfur or lead can be captured.

Never in the history of our great country, has there been a product so shitty the government has to pay people to take it and or use it.

I can say how much they cost, and I can say how well they work. I guess you can not say either, hence you think nobody else can?

So bad is solar, the government must pay people to use them. And why, it is all about money, nothing more. Politicians get rich pushing solar and wind. Why do you think Obama made $100 million dollar simply by giving speeches. How did the clintons make $250 million giving speeches?

They are getting paid off for something, solar and wind is certainly part of that.

There is nothing "shitty" about solar panels. Except the price. Which the government is willing to help pay for. And if anybody is giving money to the politicians, it is those with the most money. Energy companies. Coal, gas and oil energy companies.

Does it matter what kind of radiation was released? Though from what I read it was in the form of radioactive gas. Which was dispersed. And of course we are naturally exposed to some radiation. But anything we add to it isn't good.
yes it matters, if it was Neutron radiation that would mean the containment was breached and nuclear fuel was being dispersed. So yes! It makes all the difference in the world.

Noble gases were released, radioactive noble gases, some with a half life of 3.8 days, and are biologically inert. And not at a level above background radiation levels. Immeasurable for all practical purposes and short lived.

Bananas are radioactive

There is nothing "shitty" about solar panels. Except the price. Which the government is willing to help pay for. And if anybody is giving money to the politicians, it is those with the most money. Energy companies. Coal, gas and oil energy companies.
Not even the use of coal and oil? That is not shitty? What about the Trillions of dollars it is and will cost? What about the pollution across the world?

Forum List

Back