Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter

Beck did a pretty dick move in going after Obama's kid. At least he apologized for it.

He's still one of the thicker personalities out there, but that could easily be pandering to who watches him.

OMG!

Say it isn't so!

The humanity! O' the HUMANITY!

Glenn Beck misspelled a word!

(Admittedly, a spelling mistake on television from a political pundit is fair game for tweaking from his political opponents. Also, it is a little funny that Beck did that. Beck's later explanation for his error was also kind of dumb, frankly. Still, it WAS just a spelling error.)

I'm going to check back in here, later, to see if the universe has found a way to survive this cataclysm. If there is a later.

(Did I misspell any words in this post?)

oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

I don't think it's so much the misspelling, but the goofy goofy goofy way he connects his loopy dots.

This is one of the reasons I find his TV show unwatchable. The very first time I tuned into his show, I was irritated by his manner to such an extent that I never watched it again (except for some replays like Google here at USMB).

But let's be honest here. Maybe YOU aren't as concerned with the misspelling as others are, here, but several of the resident liberals ARE plainly focused on the spelling mistake. And even you (yourself) DID highlight the misspelling.

I don't think it's so much the misspelling, but the goofy goofy goofy way he connects his loopy dots.

This is one of the reasons I find his TV show unwatchable. The very first time I tuned into his show, I was irritated by his manner to such an extent that I never watched it again (except for some replays like Google here at USMB).

But let's be honest here. Maybe YOU aren't as concerned with the misspelling as others are, here, but several of the resident liberals ARE plainly focused on the spelling mistake. And even you (yourself) DID highlight the misspelling.
No, I highlighted the OligARHHHHH!!!

argh. argh/

Oh, I see. So because Glenn Beck is too stupid to, oh I don't know, watch the shows he is going to generalize about, that makes it A OK then, eh?

Maybe next you can argue about what the definition of "is" is?

It is completely 100% clear he was saying that nobody else was showing the videos. Except they were. Thats a lie.

But have fun keep trying to spin this. God...its scary if you actually believe the shit you are saying. Hopefully its just out of ego or some crap.

You left wing idiots repeatedly comment on shows and radio programs that none of you watch or listen to. It doesn't make him a liar when he states what in his opinion seems to be the case.

Try watching the entire show instead of a five second clip. In other words, follow your own suggestion.

So your opinion is that he isn't a liar, he is just stupid?

Ok then. I'll give in. He is really, really stupid.

And no. I'm not watching the entire show. Christ, its mind-numbingly bad. If I wanted to experience that kind of pain I'd just shove a fork into a socket.

No he's not a liar nor is he stupid, but you seem to be. For a person to have an opinion about Beck after admitting to never really watching Beck is plain stupid.

Again payperdipshit is only focusing on ONE aspect of Article 1 Section 9 Clause 1 of the Constitution and failing to explain the "migration" portion of it. If in fact the Clause was all about slavery then why would "migration" even be mentioned? Show me one instance where slaves migrated to the US prior to ratification of said document.

Are you frickin' SERIOUS???!!!! Are you now making the assertion that Article 1, Section 9, Clause 1 is NOT about slaves and the slave trade?

Are you?

Fact is I didn't say the Article your referring to wasn't about slaves, I said it wasn't exclusively about slaves. Reading comprhension is a good thing, you should try it sometime. Perhaps you could answer the questions I posed instead of making yourself look like a total idiot.

You still didn't look at any of the links did you?

Pretty damn obvious you didn't.

Review, for those new to the audience:

beck-20090922-slavery-1.jpg

What was your hero Beck talking about? Why did he highlight the "ten Dollars each Person" part?

BECK: That's right, the Founders actually put a price tag on coming to this country: $10 per person. Apparently they felt like there was a value to being able to live here.
!!!!!!

Holy Shit.

Again, I don't know why even bother with you LL. You show not one redeeming quality in your attempt at debate.

I don't need to look at ever single link you provided to know that they and you are focusing on one part of the clause. Why do you insist on ignoring the "migration" portion of it?
If YOU LOOKED AT THE LINKS IT WOULD EXPLAIN IT BETTER - DOOFUS.

"The Migration or Importation of such Persons"
This clause, without using the word itself, is about slavery and the slave trade. This highly controversial compromise with powerful slave holding states prohibited Congress from passing any laws curtailing the slave trade until the year 1808. During the struggle to ratify the Constitution in 1787 and 1788, some people, such as Luther Martin of Maryland, argued against ratification of the Constitution because he could not justify a vote to perpetuate the evils of slavery and the slave trade.
CongressLink: [Congress: Teaching It - Resources] Historical Notes

What the fuck do you think they were trying to not prohibit until the year 1808?

Migration??? Then all bets are off?? lol.

Do you KNOW what happened in the year 1808??

I'll give you three guesses.

It doesn't mention slaves migrating to the US.

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

No, I highlighted the OligARHHHHH!!!

argh. argh/

Well shiver me timbers. Arrgghhhhh didn't know you wuz speakin Pirate. Arr arr arrgghhh.

I don't need to look at ever single link you provided to know that they and you are focusing on one part of the clause. Why do you insist on ignoring the "migration" portion of it?

This clause, without using the word itself, is about slavery and the slave trade. This highly controversial compromise with powerful slave holding states prohibited Congress from passing any laws curtailing the slave trade until the year 1808. During the struggle to ratify the Constitution in 1787 and 1788, some people, such as Luther Martin of Maryland, argued against ratification of the Constitution because he could not justify a vote to perpetuate the evils of slavery and the slave trade.

What the fuck do you think they were trying to not prohibit until the year 1808?

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.
I'll ask you again: What the fuck do you think they were trying to not prohibit until the year 1808?

You think you might be able to actually answer it this time?

I'll ask you again: What the fuck do you think they were trying to not prohibit until the year 1808?

You think you might be able to actually answer it this time?

When you answer the questions I posed to you, then I'll consider answering yours. But until then, piss off.

Glenn Beck, who repeatedly and angrily tells his alleged persecutors to "leave the families alone," spent a good chunk of his radio program this morning mocking and attacking the intelligence of President Obama's 11-year-old daughter, Malia.

Obama remarked yesterday during his press conference that Malia asked him of the Gulf oil spill: "Did you Plug The Hole Yet, Daddy?" Beck, taking off on this, mockingly affected Malia's voice, asking "Daddy" why he "hates black people so much." Then Beck attacked Malia's intelligence, saying: "That's the level of their education, that they're coming to - they're coming to daddy and saying 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?' "

This routine continued for several minutes, as Beck and his co-hosts touched on a variety of topics and laughed the entire time, all of it at the expense of an 11-year-old girl.

Video after the jump. Glenn Beck reaches a new low.

Edit made at 5:11 PM Est 5/28:

In discussing how President Obama uses children to shield himself from criticism, I broke my own rule about leaving kids out of political debates. The children of public figures should be left on the sidelines. It was a stupid mistake and I apologize–and as a dad I should have known better.”

Good for Beck stepping up and apologizing.

Puleeeze. :cuckoo:

Obama brought his daughter into this by using her in a speech. Blame him.

Besides this is NOTHING compared to how the left has treated the Palins and McCains.

Beck crossed no line. And your bias is incredibly transparent.

I asked early in the thread for evidence that Beck smeared the Obomber's daughter.

No evidence because it didn't happen. The whole thread is a lie, per usual.

Know what is funny about the Beck picture with his beloved chalkboard?

It's the way he plays scrabble with the first letters of scary words, which he connects into another scary word that starts with O, which means Obama.

You know..........Beck is a conspiracy theorist who rivals the paranoia of Terral.

Forum List

Back