Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter | Media Matters for America

Glenn Beck, who repeatedly and angrily tells his alleged persecutors to "leave the families alone," spent a good chunk of his radio program this morning mocking and attacking the intelligence of President Obama's 11-year-old daughter, Malia.

Obama remarked yesterday during his press conference that Malia asked him of the Gulf oil spill: "Did you Plug The Hole Yet, Daddy?" Beck, taking off on this, mockingly affected Malia's voice, asking "Daddy" why he "hates black people so much." Then Beck attacked Malia's intelligence, saying: "That's the level of their education, that they're coming to - they're coming to daddy and saying 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?' "

This routine continued for several minutes, as Beck and his co-hosts touched on a variety of topics and laughed the entire time, all of it at the expense of an 11-year-old girl.

Video after the jump. Glenn Beck reaches a new low.

Edit made at 5:11 PM Est 5/28:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/glenn-beck-apologizes-for-malia-obama-comments/

In discussing how President Obama uses children to shield himself from criticism, I broke my own rule about leaving kids out of political debates. The children of public figures should be left on the sidelines. It was a stupid mistake and I apologize–and as a dad I should have known better.”

Good for Beck stepping up and apologizing.

obama is the one who threw his own daughter under the bus. No ones fault but his own she is being made fun of. obama made his daughter fair game and put her in the position of defending her fathers statements for the rest of her life.

If you want your children kept out of the fire, don't USE them to further your political aspirations.

Hopefully the idiot has learned a lesson to keep his daughters our of the ring.

He isnt smearing the girl, he is making fun of Mr Obama for trying to convince the American people girl talks like an idiot.
Not surprised you cant understand the humor.

BECK: (laughing) This is such a ridiculous -- this is such a ridiculous thing that his daughter-- (imitating Malia) Daddy?

GRAY: It's so stupid.

BECK: How old is his daughter? Like, thirteen?

GRAY: Well, one of them's, I think, thirteen, one's eleven, or something.

BECK: "Did you plug the hole yet, daddy?" Is that's their -- that's the level of their education, that they're coming to -- they're coming to daddy and saying 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?' " Plug the hole!

GRAY: (imitating Obama) Yes, I was doing some deep-sea diving yesterday, and--

BECK: (imitating Malia) Daddy?

GRAY: (imitating Obama) Yeah, mm-hmm, mm-hmm, I was doing--

BECK: (imitating Malia) Why--

GRAY: (imitating Obama) Yeah, honey, I'm--

BECK (imitating Malia) Why, why, why, why, do you still let the polar bears die? Daddy, why do you still let Sarah Palin destroy the environment? Why are -- Daddy, why don't you just put her in some sort of a camp?

obama is the one who threw his own daughter under the bus. No ones fault but his own she is being made fun of. obama made his daughter fair game and put her in the position of defending her fathers statements for the rest of her life.

If you want your children kept out of the fire, don't USE them to further your political aspirations.

What are you talking about? :cuckoo:

He isnt smearing the girl, he is making fun of Mr Obama for trying to convince the American people girl talks like an idiot.
Not surprised you cant understand the humor.

I have a pretty good sense of humor. I would respond to your first sentence, but it doesn't even make sense due to your poor grammar.

Though from what can I tell, you said girl talks like an idiot.

Attacking Obama's Children=Good

Attacking Palin's Children=Bad

Just trying to keep track here.

What are you talking about? :cuckoo:

obama USED his daughter to make a statement about the oil spill. If the man doesn't want his daughters put out there as fair game, no matter their ages, then the man best not be throwing them under the bus.

I feel sorry for the girl. It wasn't fair of her father to use her like that.

Using your children to make a point = VERY bad form

Attacking anyone's children = very bad form

Bottom line= leave your children out of the ring

Last edited:
obama USED his daughter to make a statement about the oil spill. If the man doesn't want his daughters put out there as fair game, no matter their ages, then the man best not be throwing them under the bus.

So wait, that means every time Palin mentions her kid (like saying Obama would send Trigg or whatever to the death panel) that means I get to attack the kids? :cuckoo:

I don't think Obama talking about it is using her. And it also gives Beck no right to attack her.

What you're trying to say is two wrongs make a right.

So wait, that means every time Palin mentions her kid (like saying Obama would send Trigg or whatever to the death panel) that means I get to attack the kids? :cuckoo:

Now who said I thought palin is right. Assuming again?

No, palin was very wrong using her children. Again if she used them then she is the one who threw them under the bus. She is the one who made them fair game. She brought them into the ring. If she didnt want anything said about them then she should have kept her mouth shut about her children.

Just like obama.

I don't think Obama talking about it is using her. And it also gives Beck no right to attack her.

What you're trying to say is two wrongs make a right.

The media have constantly attacked Palin's kids.

The media have constantly attacked Palin's kids.

So two wrongs make a right? Is that what politics has come to? :eusa_eh:

Also, using your logic you used on the first page, then Palin had what was coming to him just as much as Palin. However, attacking Palin's kids is still wrong, just like attacking Obama's kids is wrong.

Who in their right mind picks on an 11 year old to make political points?

Who in their right mind tells the media that his daughter asked about when he's gonna plug the hole? The swipe is at Obama, not his kid. But.... Obama should keep his kids out of politics.

So I am president, and mini echo is worried about the oil spill, and the effects it's having on the environment. She asks me a question, asking me when they are going to fix it, or plug the hole. I shouldn't share that with the world? Because some right wing nut will then make fun of her?

Using your children to make a point = VERY bad form
Attacking anyones children = very bad form

So you are saying what Beck did is wrong then?

Of course. Why would you assume otherwise.

I am also saying daddy is the one here at fault. Daddy is the one who left his daughter out there to hang. Daddy is the one who brought his daughter into the ring.

Hopefully daddy has learned a lesson and leaves his daughters safely at home from now on.

Last edited:
Who in their right mind picks on an 11 year old to make political points?

Who in their right mind tells the media that his daughter asked about when he's gonna plug the hole? The swipe is at Obama, not his kid. But.... Obama should keep his kids out of politics.

So I am president, and mini echo is worried about the oil spill, and the effects it's having on the enviroment. She asks me a question, asking me when they are going to fix it, or plug the hole. I shouldn't share that with the world? Because some right wing nut will then make fun of her?

Thats about it and it has nothing to do with left or right nutters. You should not be sharing personal family conversations with the public and not expect it to be a topic of discussion. If you bring it to the ring its fair game.

Forum List

Back