No, that makes NO sense. Lusting after a woman is sin according to the bible. That doesn't warrant death. You are just reciting talking points, not exercising logic.

I read somewhere God does not rate one sin worse than another, sin is simply sin. As the Rev. has stated sin is spiritual death. Further there is a quote about thought, word and deed being the same.

No, that makes NO sense. Lusting after a woman is sin according to the bible. That doesn't warrant death. You are just reciting talking points, not exercising logic.

I read somewhere God does not rate one sin worse than another, sin is simply sin. As the Rev. has stated sin is spiritual death. Further there is a quote about thought, word and deed being the same.
I heard that many times too and never found it in twenty years of study. It makes no sense, what kind of God would consider lusting about a person you know on par with killing someone's baby?

you are born in sin.
you have be absolved of that sin in order to go to heaven.
how does a newborn get absolved of the original sin they are born with?
God is a LOVE.
God is a loving, merciful and gracious God, not an unholy, hateful tyrant.
A baby until it reaches the age of knowing right and wrong upon death goes to heaven...God does not damn anyone who is not able to even understand the choice.

You are not familiar with original sin then?
Yes, I am familiar with what THE BIBLE teaches about original sin, and with the man-made teachings of John Calvin.
THE BIBLE says:
1) God created us perfect, body, soul and spirit. Genesis chpts. 1 & 2
2) Man fell by CHOOSING tom sin rather than lovingly obey God. Genesis chpt. 3.
3) ALL since then are born in a fallen, sinful state. Romans 3:10-18, 23 & Romans 6:12-23.
4) BUT God is NOT only all knowing HE IS ALL LOVING, AGAPE LOVE. John 3:16 & Romans 5:1-8.
5) God sent forth HIS Son while WE were still sinners to die in OUR place. II Corinthians 5:17-21.
6) And now extends the invitation to ALL to come to HIM through The Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:16; John 3:31, 32, 36; John 14:6; Revelation 22:17-21, see here:

Revelation 22:17-21 King James Version (KJV)
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

7) And God in HIS knowledge and in HIS love and grace KNOWS when each infant has reached the age that they understand and can CHOOSE HIM...do you believe a God of limitless, boundless, infinite LOVE actually DAMNS babies to hell BEFORE they can even understand to CHOOSE?
Tell us, why should the sins of the father become the sins of the sons, and beyond?

Exodus 20:4-6 (NIV)
4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

I have been a Constitutional-Conservative since I became a Biblical-Christian on August 14th, 1976. Before then I was a Public School "educated" far Left Liberal.
I am a strict constructionist and Originalist on The Bible, The Declaration of Independence, The Federalist Papers, The Constitution, and Bill of Rights (I include Amendment 11 with the first 10).
I support Ted Cruz because as my research shows him to be the ONLY Biblical-Christian and Constitutional-Conservative in the race.
I personally use and accept only information, evidence, quotes, facts from credible, reliable, and verifiable sources, meaning that it should not be a "stand alone" source UNLESS it is from an site that has consistently been verifiable and credible for a long time with a solid track record for accuracy and being correct. The sites I rely on most are:
The National Review
Wall Builders
Bible Gateway
American Thinker
Right Scoop
Conservative Review
Jihad Watch
The Religion of Peace
Pamela Gellar
Western Journalism
Human Events
Conservative Fifty
The Federalist...

I am glad to be on board and look forward to working to restore America back to Constitutional governance.

God Bless.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.
"You shall know them by their fruits, a good tree does not produce bad fruit."-Jesus

"There will be many that come to me on the last day and say, Didin't we prophecy in you name, and didn't we cast out demons in your name?" And Jesus will answer them, "I know you not, you are workers of iniquity."
So much for right wing zealots.

Don't like my sources?
If not, why?

j/a.

I am conservative, the sources are okay, but most who have come here expecting true debate and exchange of ideas have been very disappointed. Just concerned for you.

Thanks, but you need not be concerned.
1) do my research first.
2) use several verifiable and reliable sources.
3) present my case in a simple, rational manner.
4) I let the facts, evidence, quotes, videos and Scriptures speak for themselves.
5) I am not afraid to wade in and debate. Though I will NOT argue any point. The facts, truth, reality and reason are enough. If any disagree...that's cool. No probs.
6) when I am wrong I will admit it, apologise, and make it right.
7) and I am well versed in Bible, history, current events cults and the occult, politics, and The Founding Fathers and Founding Documents.
8) what I don't know I know where to look and study and learn.
lastly,
9) I'm the oldest of 4 brothers and one sister....I can hold my own in a fight.

:Boom2:

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

you are born in sin.
you have be absolved of that sin in order to go to heaven.
how does a newborn get absolved of the original sin they are born with?
God is a LOVE.
God is a loving, merciful and gracious God, not an unholy, hateful tyrant.
A baby until it reaches the age of knowing right and wrong upon death goes to heaven...God does not damn anyone who is not able to even understand the choice.

You are not familiar with original sin then?
Yes, I am familiar with what THE BIBLE teaches about original sin, and with the man-made teachings of John Calvin.
THE BIBLE says:
1) God created us perfect, body, soul and spirit. Genesis chpts. 1 & 2
2) Man fell by CHOOSING tom sin rather than lovingly obey God. Genesis chpt. 3.
3) ALL since then are born in a fallen, sinful state. Romans 3:10-18, 23 & Romans 6:12-23.
4) BUT God is NOT only all knowing HE IS ALL LOVING, AGAPE LOVE. John 3:16 & Romans 5:1-8.
5) God sent forth HIS Son while WE were still sinners to die in OUR place. II Corinthians 5:17-21.
6) And now extends the invitation to ALL to come to HIM through The Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:16; John 3:31, 32, 36; John 14:6; Revelation 22:17-21, see here:

Revelation 22:17-21 King James Version (KJV)
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

7) And God in HIS knowledge and in HIS love and grace KNOWS when each infant has reached the age that they understand and can CHOOSE HIM...do you believe a God of limitless, boundless, infinite LOVE actually DAMNS babies to hell BEFORE they can even understand to CHOOSE?
Tell us, why should the sins of the father become the sins of the sons, and beyond?

Exodus 20:4-6 (NIV)
4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
=====
You do know that that passage is talking about as a people, a nation, that if one generation sins/does wickedly then there are consequenxes that even the children must endure. We're seeing that in America now. The hippie-dippie, doper, Commies of the '60's and '70's have raised kids, who raised kids to be as bad if not worse than them (I speak generally). And we are seeing the fruit of that. Sow to the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Hosea 8:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk; the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.
==========

This does NOT mean that if an older generation/parents sin that the child/children are damned because of their parents sin(s).

Ezekiel 18:1-20King James Version (KJV)
18 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying,

2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?

3 As I live, saith the Lord God, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.

4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,

6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,

7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;

8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,

9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord God.

10 If he beget a son that is a robber, a shedder of blood, and that doeth the like to any one of these things,

11 And that doeth not any of those duties, but even hath eaten upon the mountains, and defiled his neighbour's wife,

12 Hath oppressed the poor and needy, hath spoiled by violence, hath not restored the pledge, and hath lifted up his eyes to the idols, hath committed abomination,

13 Hath given forth upon usury, and hath taken increase: shall he then live? he shall not live: he hath done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon him.

14 Now, lo, if he beget a son, that seeth all his father's sins which he hath done, and considereth, and doeth not such like,

15 That hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbour's wife,

16 Neither hath oppressed any, hath not withholden the pledge, neither hath spoiled by violence, but hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment,

17 That hath taken off his hand from the poor, that hath not received usury nor increase, hath executed my judgments, hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live.

18 As for his father, because he cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, lo, even he shall die in his iniquity.

19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
==========

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

I have been a Constitutional-Conservative since I became a Biblical-Christian on August 14th, 1976. Before then I was a Public School "educated" far Left Liberal.
I am a strict constructionist and Originalist on The Bible, The Declaration of Independence, The Federalist Papers, The Constitution, and Bill of Rights (I include Amendment 11 with the first 10).
I support Ted Cruz because as my research shows him to be the ONLY Biblical-Christian and Constitutional-Conservative in the race.
I personally use and accept only information, evidence, quotes, facts from credible, reliable, and verifiable sources, meaning that it should not be a "stand alone" source UNLESS it is from an site that has consistently been verifiable and credible for a long time with a solid track record for accuracy and being correct. The sites I rely on most are:
The National Review
Wall Builders
Bible Gateway
American Thinker
Right Scoop
Conservative Review
Jihad Watch
The Religion of Peace
Pamela Gellar
Western Journalism
Human Events
Conservative Fifty
The Federalist...

I am glad to be on board and look forward to working to restore America back to Constitutional governance.

God Bless.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.
"You shall know them by their fruits, a good tree does not produce bad fruit."-Jesus

"There will be many that come to me on the last day and say, Didin't we prophecy in you name, and didn't we cast out demons in your name?" And Jesus will answer them, "I know you not, you are workers of iniquity."
So much for right wing zealots.

A very peculiar, out of context view of God's Word...

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

Sin warrants death it is true.

Also true Original sin applies to everyone.

How does a baby remove Original sin?

How does a baby build a nuclear bomb? write a book? fly a super-sonic jet? understand Einstein's theory of relativity? OR understand the BASICS of sin, repentance, faith, grace, reconciliation???
The baby doesn't understand. God does NOT damn someone who can not even understand that soiling their diaper is wrong.
You are fixated on the all-knowing, Sovereignty God....which HE intrinsically has and is...BUT God is so MUCH MORE than all-knowing....God is ALL loving, ALL merciful, ALL gracious, and ALL compassionate. When Jesus looked upon Jerusalem on HIS Triumphal Entry Christ NOT moved with knowledge, wisdom or understanding, which HE had, NO, Christ was moved with COMPASSION. What makes God God is that HE is limitlessly, infinitely ALL that is good, righteous, loving, kind, compassionate, merciful, gracious...and so much more...

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

Last edited:
Many religions teach in the Almighty...I have been several faiths, and have studied many more, Christianity is supported by history, archaeology, science, and logic.
Not really. There's nothing logical about God becoming a human being to take an ass whooping and death. You are applying your faith filters to reality. If it were science and logic based it wouldn't need to be a faith.

And no, science doesn't support the masses that rose from the dead at Jesus' death, noon darkness and earthquakes, not even recorded. Let alone all the other miracles. People are free to believe what they want but don't pass faith off as science, that's just wrong.
It IS logical.
Sin warrants death.
God loves us so much that HE paid OUR price FOR US. Jesus died in our place to fulfill the necessity of God's justice AND God's love.
You are viewing and speaking from man's way, which is very limited, very murky, and out of context with reality.
God's way is as far above man's way as the heavens are above the earth...and yet God in HIS infinite love reveals HIMSELF to us in creation, conscience, HIS Word, via The Lord Jesus Christ and through The Holy Spirit.

You are assuming that you know more than or better than God. That is a fallacy.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

I heard that many times too and never found it in twenty years of study. It makes no sense, what kind of God would consider lusting about a person you know on par with killing someone's baby?
Iceweasel, your search is over, here's the Scripture passage:

Matthew 5:12-29 King James Version (KJV)
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

This does NOT mean that if an older generation/parents sin that the child/children are damned because of their parents sin(s).

Care to try again? The text says, "...for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me..."

You seem to have an opinion that God does not? Explain, please...

Reference:
Exodus 20:

The Ten Commandments

1And God spoke all these words:

2“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3“You shall have no other gods beforea me.

4“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

12“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

13“You shall not murder.

14“You shall not commit adultery.

15“You shall not steal.

16“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

17“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Great. :rolleyes-41: Just what this place needs. MORE religious fanatics.

I'm not religious.

I'm deeply devoted to a relationship with the God of Heaven and Earth because HE saved me from my sins and from hell.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.
Would it surprise you to know that I was born without sin, have never sinned against God, and there is no Hell? All true.

Care to try again? The text says, "...for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me..."

No, you are misunderstanding God and His Word.

Yes, God will and does punish the sin of the fathers upon the children unto the 3rd and 4th generation, but that does NOT mean that God DAMNS the children to Hell for the sins of the fathers, as seen in Ezekiel chpt. 18.

And you used the NIV, a greatly altered version, I am using the King James and in the King James it says "Visiting the sins"....which mean that if a generation of parents live in sin and wickedness it WILL have results that will be evild bring God's judgment upon the entire nation, that still does NOT mean that God damns the innocent for what the guilty did. Israel the nation sinned. Israel the nation went into bondage. Even Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abenego. But those four, among countless others (Ezekiel, Nehemiah, Ezra, Esther, Habakkuk...) were NOT damned to hell because of the sins of a nation or an older generation.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

I'm not religious.

I'm deeply devoted to a relationship with the God of Heaven and Earth because HE saved me from my sins and from hell.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.
Would it surprise you to know that I was born without sin, have never sinned against God, and there is no Hell? All true.

Read Psalms 14:1
and,
Proverbs 16:18King James Version (KJV)
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Not surprised you think that way.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

No, you are misunderstanding God and His Word.

Yes, God will and does punish the sin of the fathers upon the children unto the 3rd and 4th generation, but that does NOT mean that God DAMNS the children to Hell for the sins of the fathers, as seen in Ezekiel chpt. 18.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

King James Bible

Exodus 20:5
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"

Why, exactly, would one worship a being who would punish you for the "sins" of your great, great grandfather? The text is clear, unless you believe the rest of the Ten Commandments are also unclear. Are they?

I'm not religious.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.

Read Psalms 14:1
and,
Proverbs 16:18King James Version (KJV)
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Not surprised you think that way.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.
That's neither Pride nor anything else. The simple act of being born is not a sin.

To sin against a Creator one would have to know, intrinsically, what the Creator considered to be a sin, and the only way one would know that would be if during the act of creation such knowledge was passed on to the creation who then intentionally and willfully disobeyed the Creator. Since I am, I'm betting you'll say, a creation of a Creator, and yet I have no knowledge of said things and have never intentionally nor willfully gone against His Will or done anything that He would have not expected me to, He is the Creator after all, there can be 1. no sin at birth, 2. no sin against said Creator.

Many religions teach in the Almighty...I have been several faiths, and have studied many more, Christianity is supported by history, archaeology, science, and logic.
Not really. There's nothing logical about God becoming a human being to take an ass whooping and death. You are applying your faith filters to reality. If it were science and logic based it wouldn't need to be a faith.

And no, science doesn't support the masses that rose from the dead at Jesus' death, noon darkness and earthquakes, not even recorded. Let alone all the other miracles. People are free to believe what they want but don't pass faith off as science, that's just wrong.
It IS logical.
Sin warrants death.
God loves us so much that HE paid OUR price FOR US. Jesus died in our place to fulfill the necessity of God's justice AND God's love.
You are viewing and speaking from man's way, which is very limited, very murky, and out of context with reality.
God's way is as far above man's way as the heavens are above the earth...and yet God in HIS infinite love reveals HIMSELF to us in creation, conscience, HIS Word, via The Lord Jesus Christ and through The Holy Spirit.

You are assuming that you know more than or better than God. That is a fallacy.

-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.
You aren't being intellectually honest. When we talk about logic we are talking about points that lead to conclusions based on reasoning. You pretend to use logic while in reality it's all based on your faith.

The murkiness is all yours. Words mean things are you are misusing them so the fallacy is all yours!

Forum List

Back