Georgia Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

nor can anyone make anyone not pray.....where does the bible say to pray? you so called christians might be shocked at the answer to that...of course not one of you knows where the bible says to pray...cause you only use the bible to hate....what does the bible saying about praying for the glory of man?
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

What's sad is that you post this not even understanding the context of it. He was talking about the people that pray to only bring notice upon themselves. The reason for their praying is not altruistic, therefore it is meaningless. It has nothing to do with praying out loud, it has to do with the purpose of the prayer. Regardless of what you may think, people pray for many different reasons, altruistic and heart felt reasons, and you have no right to judge them. You are worse than any pushy Christian I've ever met.

i miss elders answer ...but he is right...and newby if you dont see christian hate and ignorance on this board....you are just not looking

Sorry Bones, but I see more hate coming from the other side. Show me where there has been Christian hate on here? You lumped all Christians together with your statements above. I don't deny that there are some, but certainly not the majority.

not really...

how would you feel if some group made you say a muslim prayer before you could eat?

personally, i feel the same way about saying christian prayer.

you want to pray...pray. but it shouldn't be organized prayer on my dime.

No one was making anyone say anything.
Right. Mob pressure never made anyone feel they had better conform.

So you're suggesting that 'mob pressure' would force you to pray? I think not. :lol:

nor can anyone make anyone not pray.....where does the bible say to pray? you so called christians might be shocked at the answer to that...of course not one of you knows where the bible says to pray...cause you only use the bible to hate....what does the bible saying about praying for the glory of man?
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

What's sad is that you post this not even understanding the context of it. He was talking about the people that pray to only bring notice upon themselves. The reason for their praying is not altruistic, therefore it is meaningless. It has nothing to do with praying out loud, it has to do with the purpose of the prayer. Regardless of what you may think, people pray for many different reasons, altruistic and heart felt reasons, and you have no right to judge them. You are worse than any pushy Christian I've ever met.

The Christian majority is sometimes like white males. They can be blind to the advantages their status has given them.

The funny thing is, I am just as 'creeped out' as some of the self-proclaimed atheists here when I am among those who do some sort of group prayer.

But, that's MY personal problem and I know just because I FEEL some way does not mean I can expect others to give up their rights.

The Christian majority is sometimes like white males. They can be blind to the advantages their status has given them.

So, your feelings are based in resentment and jealousy then? What advantages do I have over you because I'm a christian?

not really...

how would you feel if some group made you say a muslim prayer before you could eat?

personally, i feel the same way about saying christian prayer.

you want to pray...pray. but it shouldn't be organized prayer on my dime.

No one was making anyone say anything.
Right. Mob pressure never made anyone feel they had better conform.

bulloney anguille....!!! ;)

and WHERE is this person in the senior center complaining of such a MOB...you are making crap up, why? why do you hate Christians or any religious so much...this is very hard for me to understand?

The funny thing is, I am just as 'creeped out' as some of the self-proclaimed atheists here when I am among those who do some sort of group prayer.

But, that's MY personal problem and I know just because I FEEL some way does not mean I can expect others to give up their rights.
It's like the smoking issue. When a person's right to smoke or have a religious demonstration impinges on other people's right to breathe clean air or have seperation of church and state then you have conflict.

It's like the smoking issue. When a person's right to smoke or have a religious demonstration impinges on other people's right to breathe clean air or have seperation of church and state then you have conflict.

Except that this was not a government funtion, it was at a private senior center.

So, your feelings are based in resentment and jealousy then? What advantages do I have over you because I'm a christian?
No, my feelings are not based on resentment and jealousy. I have nothing to envy from Christians. I wouldn't want to be one anymore that I'd like to be a white male, regardless of the advantages.

My feelings are based on what is right and fair to all people.

no no lets go back to being narrow minded for calling the christians on this board out....newby do you see christian hate on this board or not?

and another thing newby....when you toss a rock into a pack of dogs...you can bet the dog that yelps is the one you hit.

no rush to tell me what the bible says about where to pray? why am i not surprised by that....i bet half of the people on here claiming to be christian have no real clue what the bible says.

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you..” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-1

they are merely "giving thanks"....

I know the Bible quite well....

Except that this was not a government funtion, it was at a private senior center.
The event was paid for by taxpayer money.

Not quite the same thing, Anguille. Smoking infringes on the health (life) of others, so that right trumps AND living is a Constitutional right, as far as I know.

Group prayer - freedom of speech and to practice religion - is a right that trumps my feeling creepy. I have no Constitutional protection from feeling creepy. I'm a big girl and can handle feeling creepy for a minute and the Founders knew that.

The event was paid for by taxpayer money.
And the government did not establish any religion, just money for food. The People happened to pray, as is their right.

no rush to tell me what the bible says about where to pray? why am i not surprised by that....i bet half of the people on here claiming to be christian have no real clue what the bible says.

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you..” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-1

they are merely "giving thanks"....

I know the Bible quite well....
\

but where does the bible say to pray....elder is right...in a closet away from man...do not pray to be seen praying.....

and yes pray without ceasing...which means no one can stop you from praying

no no lets go back to being narrow minded for calling the christians on this board out....newby do you see christian hate on this board or not?

and another thing newby....when you toss a rock into a pack of dogs...you can bet the dog that yelps is the one you hit.

So, because you make insulting comments about christians and I call you on it, then I'm guilty of being a 'hateful Christian'. Great logic. :lol: I guess what I see right now is 'pagan hate and intolerance', eh Bones?

Forum List

Back