Georgia republicans just made water an illegal substance

The constitution did not have to be amended, because the new law had nothing in common with the existing "absentee voter law"

To put in in terms you might understand, The Venn diagram of "absentee voters" and "mail-in voters" does not intersect.

Any voting law change by the Legislature then has to be put to the voters per the PA Constitution, and they failed to do that. Act 77 changed the PA Constitution's voting requirements and thus had to be put per the PA Constitution to the people. It was not.

Under Pennsylvania’s constitution, only those qualified to vote may cast ballots, and voting must occur either (1) in person at a polling place or (2) by absentee ballot. Pennsylvania’s constitution permits only four categories of qualified voters to cast absentee ballots.

The first is those who:

¯ “may, on the occurrence of any election, be absent from the municipality of their residence, because their duties, occupation or business require them to be elsewhere.”

The second, third, and fourth are those “who, on the occurrence of any election”:

¯ “are unable to attend at their proper polling places because of illness or physical disability”;

¯ “will not attend a polling place because of the observance of a religious holiday”; and

¯ “cannot vote because of election day duties, in the case of a county employee.”

In other words, under Pennsylvania’s constitution, qualified voters who want to cast ballots and fall under none of these four categories may vote only — yes, only –by showing up at a polling place and voting in person. Any other form of voting runs afoul of Pennsylvania’s constitution.

Nevertheless, in 2019 the Pennsylvania General Assembly passed, and the governor signed, a bill allowing all — yes, all — qualified Pennsylvania voters to cast ballots without showing up at a polling place and voting in person. This law — called “Act 77” — reaches beyond what Pennsylvania’s constitution permits.​

A volunteer for an Arizona group seeking to prevent migrant deaths in the desert at the U.S.-Mexico border was arrested after giving food and water to undocumented immigrants, according to court records.
I do not follow. No one forces people to stand in line? Bring food and water if you want to? Why are we giving illegals aid? Counterintuitive
Maybe I underestimated your ability to handle an analogy.

They made it illegal to give water to illegal aliens, in order to dissuade illegals from crossing the border.

They made it illegal to give water to voters in Georgia, in order to dissuade them from standing in line, and hence from voting.
Hold on but why can't they bring their own food and water? I have voted countless times and no one ever brought me food and water? And to me it is a slippery slope. Why not bring $25 gift cards or free sneakers? It's best to not allow anything.

If you read the Jim Crow laws, they're the same as what Georgia is doing now. They didn't mention "race" by name either, but discriminated by race none the same.

I expected you to know something you're obviously ignorant of.
How does this law legalize racial segregation?

Be specific and cite the parts of the statute that does this.

This will be a hoot.......................... :banana: :banana: :banana:
Your thinking it's only about "segregation" and not "voting rights" means you're not qualified to discuss the topic.

The segregation and disenfranchisement laws known as "Jim Crow"

If you read the Jim Crow laws, they're the same as what Georgia is doing now. They didn't mention "race" by name either, but discriminated by race none the same.

Be specific and cite the parts of the statute that does this.

This will be a hoot.......................... :banana: :banana: :banana:
Your thinking it's only about "segregation" and not "voting rights" means you're not qualified to discuss the topic.

Nice dodge, but let's play your silly game.

Explain in detail, with cites from the statute, how this law "disenfranchises" anyone.

GO!

Under Pennsylvania’s constitution, only those qualified to vote may cast ballots, and voting must occur either (1) in person at a polling place or (2) by absentee ballot. Pennsylvania’s constitution permits only four categories of qualified voters to cast absentee ballots.​

§ 14. Absentee voting.

The flaw to your post is that the constitution specifically says the legislature can add new law, apart from that existing in the constitution.

§ 4. Method of elections; secrecy in voting.
All elections by the citizens shall be by ballot or by such other method as may be prescribed by law: Provided, That secrecy in voting be preserved.
(Nov. 5, 1901, P.L.882, J.R.2)

That other method was Mail-in ballots.

What the fuck are you talking about, fascist? Name one person Republicans are stopping from voting.
Willie D. Whiting, Jr.

OK, since you changed the subject, I accept your admission that no one was denied the vote by the Georgia law. Turns out you are a liar. At least you admitted it.

BTW, Whiting is a felon in Florida, not Georgia, dip shit
Since you didn't bother looking it up, he's not a felon in any state, and was denied the vote.

Voters such as Willie David Whiting, a Tallahassee pastor who has never been convicted of a crime, testified that they were denied their rights to vote because the lists conflated him with felon Willie J. Whiting.

The context of the discussion was the new laws in Georgia, stupid jackass.

Felons losing their voting rights has nothing to do with that.

How stupid are you?

Explain in detail, with cites from the statute, how this law "disenfranchises" anyone.

GO!
You thought Jim Crow was only about segregation, hence you didn't know their effect on disenfranchisement, without mentioning "race"

BTW, Whiting is a felon in Florida, not Georgia, dip shit
Voters such as Willie David Whiting, a Tallahassee pastor who has never been convicted of a crime, testified that they were denied their rights to vote because the lists conflated him with felon Willie J. Whiting.
The context of the discussion was the new laws in Georgia, stupid jackass.
I was responding to your question.

What the fuck are you talking about, fascist? Name one person Republicans are stopping from voting.

And instead of accepting the facts, you claimed the Pastor was a felon.

GO!
You thought Jim Crow was only about segregation, hence you didn't know their effect on disenfranchisement, without mentioning "race"
I never said it was "only" about segregation, liar.

Why are you spouting lies in a lame ass attempt to dodge the question.

Focus, Moron...

Focus, Moron...

Your memory is shorter than that of your avatar.

Re-read the above.

It's against the bible to make it illegal to help your fellow man.
Why can't they bring their own water? I do not understand this outrage?
This was just like what they tried on the southern border. Making it illegal to give water to illegal aliens in the desert.

A volunteer for an Arizona group seeking to prevent migrant deaths in the desert at the U.S.-Mexico border was arrested after giving food and water to undocumented immigrants, according to court records.
That asshole is helping illegal aliens to break our immigration laws. That has always been a crime, moron.

GO!

Focus, Moron...

Isn't it amazing how they cannot defend their agenda without lying?

No, the Dimwinger Jim Crow laws were racist.

But that has nothing to do with the fact you can't explain how this law in 2021 is "racist".

Wrong. Jim Crow laws specifically mentioned race.

I do not follow. No one forces people to stand in line? Bring food and water if you want to? Why are we giving illegals aid? Counterintuitive
Maybe I underestimated your ability to handle an analogy.

They made it illegal to give water to illegal aliens, in order to dissuade illegals from crossing the border.

They made it illegal to give water to voters in Georgia, in order to dissuade them from standing in line, and hence from voting.
Nope. It has always been illegal to help people break the law. There's nothing special about immigration law in that respect.

Focus, Moron...

Your memory is shorter than that of your avatar.

Re-read the above.
You still fail.

Cite the part of THIS STATUTE that disenfranchises anyone, Moron.

Failure to quote the statute from here on out is an admission by you that you are full of shit and a lying sack of shit.

GO!

Forum List

Back