Georgia dad tracks teen daughter's phone location, shoots at boy he found her with, gets arrested

We don’t know all the details of this specific case, but let me ask you: Is it so awful for a father to protect his young daughter from some guy who wants to use and abandon her?
What if she's 18 or 19? An adult. . . .

I don't like it. She apparently went off with this kid or whomever on her own accord -----

If she was very young and he was older, that's one thing. But the story doesn't tell us that important set of details. If she was 18, Dad has no right to interfere.

We don't even know the race of either of the young people. That would be real interesting to learn.

What if she's 18 or 19? An adult. . . .

I don't like it. She apparently went off with this kid or whomever on her own accord -----

If she was very young and he was older, that's one thing. But the story doesn't tell us that important set of details. If she was 18, Dad has no right to interfere.
She’s 17.

Anyway women can be taken advantage of past childhood.

Last edited:
We don’t know much about the father either. Yet you seem eager for maximum punishment.

We know that he went hunting down his 17 year old at 10 in the morning. And when he found her he was violent enough to be charged with simple battery involving family violence, two counts of first-degree cruelty to children, two counts of third-degree cruelty to children, and two counts of recklessly causing harm or endangering safety.

And since some of those charges are "two" of each that means that he included his daughter in his violent rage.

Still. Pretty old for Dad to shoot her boyfriend.

He's one of these bad dads, I suppose. She'll move to the farthest-away state she can and never come home; that's what usually happens.
Maybe she’ll end up with a series of losers.

Should we demonize dads who are concerned about their daughters?

Don’t you think the current situation is less than optimal?

We know that he went hunting down his 17 year old at 10 in the morning. And when he found her he was violent enough to be charged with simple battery involving family violence, two counts of first-degree cruelty to children, two counts of third-degree cruelty to children, and two counts of recklessly causing harm or endangering safety.

And since some of those charges are "two" of each that means that he included his daughter in his violent rage.
Are you familiar with overcharging?

The father belongs in jail. Both boy and girl were 17 and appeared to be willing participants in whatever they were doing. You just can’t start shooting and hitting both of them.

We don’t know all the details of this specific case, but let me ask you: Is it so awful for a father to protect his young daughter from some guy who wants to use and abandon her?
Exactly. It's a father's duty to protect his daughters virtue, and shield her from impulsive behaviors that will adversely effect her future for the rest of her life. Sure, he went a touch overboard, but she's a minor. And that's his daughter. The Leftists are angry that this man may have prevented the creation of another blue haired, single mother, feminist to join their cause.

The father belongs in jail. Both boy and girl were 17 and appeared to be willing participants in whatever they were doing. You just can’t start shooting and hitting both of them.
The father shot at the guy and missed. I don’t know if it was a warning shot.

Isn’t It better to let civil society decide these matters rather than involving the police?

The transgendered have the right to punish those who misgender, but fathers don’t have the right to protect their daughters?

I’m not asking for government action to help fathers protect their daughters. I’m only suggesting the police focus on other matters.

Last edited:
Can we bring back shotgun marriages?

shotgun_wedding.jpg

Exactly. It's a father's duty to protect his daughters virtue, and shield her from impulsive behaviors that will adversely effect her future for the rest of her life. Sure, he went a touch overboard, but she's a minor. And that's his daughter. The Leftists are angry that this man may have prevented the creation of another blue haired, single mother, feminist to join their cause.
She was 17 years old --- I was 17 when I went away to college! Seems to me it was her business, not dad's. Father's don't OWN girls, to the point they can ping away at any boyfriends: that's not how to encourage lawful marriages.

Isn’t It better to let civil society decide these matters rather than involving the police?

The transgendered have the right to punish those who misgender, but fathers don’t have the right to protect their daughters?

I’m not asking for government action to help fathers protect their daughters. I’m only suggesting the police focus on other matters.
There is no such thing as a “warning shot”. The bullet has to go somewhere. To say the father used poor judgement is an understatement. The girl is 17 and was there by choice with a boy her own age. There’s no doubt the police should be involved…… arresting the father.

No, it is not. He committed a crime.

As I’ve mentioned. I live in Georgia. I spoke to my neighbor about this. To confirm my opinion was similar to his. It was.

The daughter is 17 according to the linked story in the OP. So is the boyfriend.

Given those circumstances. This Father is going to spend at least a decade in Prison. That is if he manages to get a sympathetic judge. Aggravated Assault. Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. All the charges. He’s going to prison. Period.

But I’m sure you all will continue to lionize the fellow.

Are you sure you want to ride that train? I wonder if you consider the next step. Without the cops getting involved. It becomes a Feud. You shot at my son. I kill you. I killed your brother. You come to kill me.

We have laws and police exactly for this reason. But if you want to go with that plan. I’m cool with it. The one with the biggest family and most friends wins. Might makes right.

Forum List

Back