General William Odom redefines "supporting the troops"

He did the latter as the former requires to much thought! :eusa_shifty: The ironic thing is that Odom was the Director of the National Security Agency and he has an understanding of what the Bush administration has started in choosing to go to war in Iraq. We will begin to see other people get the balls necessary to stand up to the Bush administration and to speak out against this war. I hope they do so because the supporters of this war are traitors and murderers. I also think Congress should pass a law that allows members of the Military Administration to speak out on policy issues relating to the war. Grant them immunity if necessary in Congress so they can testify before Congressional committees and watch as Georgie and his buddies in the White House cry.

Lets see, most soldiers go to Iraq willingly for multiple tours. That could be construed as supporting the war. I guess that makes them traitors and murderers. By the way, there is no "military administration".

It is obvious to me that you don't have a clue in matters relating to the military and all that you truly care about is punishing Bush and those who voted for him. too bad for you we don't have a purge every time we get a new party in power, isn't it.

What is it like to see the anti war left as they really are

The Anti-Protester

WW tests the limits of Portland's tolerance by sending a reporter posed as a war supporter to last week's antiwar rally.

March 21st, 2007] About 15,000 Portlanders spent last Sunday afternoon rallying against the war in Iraq. I know of only three people who came out to support the war. I know, because I was one of them.

Carrying a Day-Glo orange sign that said, "Osama loves PDX liberals" and "Real Americans don't cut and run," I posed as a war supporter who wandered into a sea of war opponents at the rally March 18 in the South Park Blocks.

(I wore a freshly ironed blue shirt and tie. The Oregonian, which noted my presence as a counter-protester in its next-day story about the rally, correctly quoted the sign but called the shirt color white.)

Why do it? Because in a town that claims to believe in free speech, WW wanted to see what happens to those who don't parrot the popular line.

What followed was an hour and a half of ridicule, threats and condescension—peppered by a few high-fives from antiwar marchers for "having balls."

Once in the crowd, I easily attracted controversy, constantly approached by people either bemused or irate. No one touched me, and I never argued or shouted back.

But the limits of some Portlanders' tolerance quickly became apparent from protesters' comments:

"I think you should get the hell out of here before you get killed."

"Why are you even here? Just leave."

"Look, kids, that's the guy who likes the war. He's bad."

"Nice shirt. Nice tie. Fascist."

"You look just like a fucking Republican. The only thing missing is your head up Bush's ass."

The most common suggestion was to enlist in the military and go fight the war. Dozens of protesters branded me a "chicken hawk," as did a local blogger who posted photos after the rally.

But some also clearly relished the opportunity to engage the enemy. Lines formed of people waiting to get a piece. They questioned U.S. foreign policy and my morality like they were talking to a stubborn schoolkid. They suggested I "do some reading."

for the complete article
http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3319/8693/

That's why we need to whip all these fuckers naked and howling into the wilderness and start with a clean slate.

I guess you didn't read the whole link yourself...or are you deliberately ignore the part where Odom says there are two solutions, one of which is to repair the damage done to the military force structure sone by Clinton. Of course, even if you did see that and understand it, you would arbitrarily dismiss it because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Troops live to complete the job given to them. They take great pride in accomplishing the work given to them. Victory and success is all that matters to them.

You figure out the rest - if you can

Just what the fuck would you know about being in the military? I never served with anyone who didn't take pride in the fact that we were serving our country. There was, however, always the expectation and trust that our elected leaders would spend out lives wisely and for just cause. The Bush administration has violated that trust and shattered that expectation.

Just what do you know about being in the military? I never served with anyone who didn't take pride in the fact that we were serving our country. There was, however, always the expectation and trust that our elected leaders would spend out lives wisely and for just cause. The Bush administration has violated that trust and shattered that expectation.

I understand the left has little use or respect for the military BP

The left has a long history of openly showing their contempt for the US military

No surpruise you do not understand how the troops look at their mission -and libs have to turn it into a Bush bashing thing

I guess you didn't read the whole link yourself...or are you deliberately ignore the part where Odom says there are two solutions, one of which is to repair the damage done to the military force structure sone by Clinton. Of course, even if you did see that and understand it, you would arbitrarily dismiss it because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Yeah, I did read it, and yeah, Clinton fucked around with the force structure in ways he shouldn't have. That, however does not excuse the misuse and abuse of that force structure by the Bush administration by sending our military into Iraq with absolutely no strategy for drawing down the troops and exiting after Saddam was taken down...No idea how to secure the peace after winning the war.

But you also neglected to mention that Rummy was looking for ways to make even deeper cuts in the force structure, and was fucking around with in ways he shouldn't have. There's enough blame to go around, and it's our troops who are paying the butcher's bill. The longer they remain caught in the meat-grinder that is Iraq, the higher the price they pay.

<blockquote>Sadly, the lack of wisdom in that change in force structure is being paid for not by President Bush or President Clinton but by the ordinary soldier and his family. They have no lobby group to seek relief for them. - Gen Odom</blockquote>

Yeah, I did read it, and yeah, Clinton fucked around with the force structure in ways he shouldn't have. That, however does not excuse the misuse and abuse of that force structure by the Bush administration by sending our military into Iraq with absolutely no strategy for drawing down the troops and exiting after Saddam was taken down...No idea how to secure the peace after winning the war.

But you also neglected to mention that Rummy was looking for ways to make even deeper cuts in the force structure, and was fucking around with in ways he shouldn't have. There's enough blame to go around, and it's our troops who are paying the butcher's bill. The longer they remain caught in the meat-grinder that is Iraq, the higher the price they pay.

<blockquote>Sadly, the lack of wisdom in that change in force structure is being paid for not by President Bush or President Clinton but by the ordinary soldier and his family. They have no lobby group to seek relief for them. - Gen Odom</blockquote>

General Odom is in error. There are organizations all over the country that are donating money and time to "seek relief" for our troops.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM

Then you are all for rebuilding that military structure, particularly adding back the 40% Clinton cut? Perhaps if we had that 40% we would have the troops you libs said are needed over there.

Also, your quote about the soldiers not having lobby groups is just plain wrong. There are many many lobby groups for the military. The soldiers and their families are not victims...they vote. Of course, most Dems and libs don't like the WAY they vote.

As for Rumsfeld, he may have tried to change the structure but he didn't really try to cut it. Yes, he was and advocate of lighter leaner forces, but he also advocated going to a brigade based Army as oppossed to a division based architecture. More soldiers in more diverse units (diversity is good right?) to allow more flexibility. Truth is, the Clintons caused more casualties for our military than anyone since WW II.

General Odom is in error. There are organizations all over the country that are donating money and time to "seek relief" for our troops.

Makes you wonder just how in touch the good genereal really is...such comments certainly indicate to me that Odom has a political bent in his commentary.

I understand the left has little use or respect for the military BP

The left has a long history of openly showing their contempt for the US military

No surpruise you do not understand how the troops look at their mission -and libs have to turn it into a Bush bashing thing

<h1>YOU...UNDERSTAND...NOTHING!!!</h1>

I served honorably...My cousin served in an artillery battalion in Iraq...my brother-in-law just got back from Iraq. My family has served in the military since WW I, <b><i>SO DON'T PRATE TO ME ABOUT RESPECTING THE MILITARY YOU GUTLESS LITTLE PIECE OF EXCREMENT!</i></b>

It is people like you, and your fellow travelers, who show your contempt for the military and our troops by seeking to turn honest, forthright dissent about how they are being misused into some perverse, sick parody if not labeling it as outright treason. Since when is dissent treason in this country?

So, once again, just shove your Potemkin village patriotism up your ass, sideways, and crawl back under the rock you slithered from beneath. Mind the slime-trail though, the stench is enough to gag a plumber.

It's not for private organizations to care for those who have put themselves in harm's way for their country. It is the duty and responsibility of the government which sent them into harm's way to do so. The Bush administration has, sadly, neglected that duty.

I served honorably...My cousin served in an artillery battalion in Iraq...my brother-in-law just got back from Iraq. My family has served in the military since WW I, <b><i>SO DON'T PRATE TO ME ABOUT RESPECTING THE MILITARY YOU GUTLESS LITTLE PIECE OF EXCREMENT!</i></b>

It is people like you, and your fellow travelers, who show your contempt for the military and our troops by seeking to turn honest, forthright dissent about how they are being misused into some perverse, sick parody if not labeling it as outright treason. Since when is dissent treason in this country?

So, once again, just shove your Potemkin village patriotism up your ass, sideways, and crawl back under the rock you slithered from beneath. Mind the slime-trail though, the stench is enough to gag a plumber.

Like most libs, you show the same reaction to anyone who disagrees with you

http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3319/8693/

It's not for private organizations to care for those who have put themselves in harm's way for their country. It is the duty and responsibility of the government which sent them into harm's way to do so. The Bush administration has, sadly, neglected that duty.

Never the less---troops DO have those who actually support them by acting instead of providing lip service. Additionally there ARE goverment agencies providing them with all kinds of real assistance. The general needs to get out more or maybe read stuff.

Anti war peace niks showing support for the troops

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0anRyWT9nQg[/ame]

I have news for you. It wasn't just the Bush Administration that neglected that duty. As yo point out, there is plenty of blame to go around. That 40&#37; cut Clinton fostered wasn't just in baby killers ya know.

Saving American Lives? Not in my Name!
A surprised interviewer got a glimpse at the face of true evil last week when Vice peeResident SElect Dick "Torquemada" Cheney, whose daughter is a lesbian, boasted that he would dunk a terrorist in water if it would save "American lives" of all things.

American lives? I cannot place enough exclamation points at the end of this sentence to adequately express my outrage!!!!!!!

Put aside for a moment that fact that American lives are not Cheney's to save; but are they even worth saving? Does a society that would sanction the dunking of an innocent terrorist for the sake of self-preservation even deserve to exist?

As a patriotic liberal who spent the weekend vainly hoping his underwear would dry through his pants, I couldn't live with myself knowing that somewhere out there someone was going through the same unspeakable torture just to protect the lives of people who are vastly inferior to me. I encourage other progressives who feel the same way to join their shrill voices with mine and demand that that no more terrorists are dunked, doused, drenched, or moistened in our names. The lives of the American people are simply not worth it.
http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/socalled_terrorism/index.html

I'd like to point out that in this very thread it is one of YOUR "fellow travelers" labelling anyone who disagrees a traitor and murderer.

Forum List

Back