Zone1 Gender-neutral God to be considered by Church of England

most 'gods' are considered male, but 'god' made earth & spring time is rebirth ... which is inherently female. so why not both ... or neither?

why not it 'just is ' ?

most 'gods' are considered male, but 'god' made earth & spring time is rebirth ... which is inherently female. so why not both ... or neither?

why not it 'just is ' ?
It's a matter of convention. I don't believe God has a gender. It goes to reason that God, in Himself, contains both masculine and feminine natures but that doesn't mean gender I believe that God is incorporeal and the closest I can come to explaining that is that God is every extant attribute of reality.

Ann Barnhardt said, "If God possessed no feminine nature, then that would mean that women contained a nature that was completely outside of God. How could God create something which He Himself did not contain? Well, you might say, God doesn’t have an evil nature, but evil exists. No. Evil is merely the absence of good. Evil is not extant, just as cold is the mere absence of heat, and darkness is the mere absence of light. Femininity is an extant nature. Femininity is NOT the absence of masculinity. Femininity is an existential reality unto itself, and therefore God contains it in Himself."

The word, "Father" has more meaning than reproductive organs. Jesus himself referred to his "Father" in heaven, but of course the Church of England wouldn't be swayed by that detail.

Here we have a religious organization that figurative on Life Supports, reaching out to any possible device that will make it a tiny bit more relevant to its "woke" intended audience.

Good luck with that.

Nothing new here. Man has been making God in their image since the beginning. The world is on the road to destruction. Few find the truth to Life.

Nothing new here. Man has been making God in their image since the beginning. The world is on the road to destruction. Few find the truth to Life.
As Maimonides said, "If you remove all anthropomorphic content from your conception of God: you remove all content of any kind. In the end, you are left with a God whose essence is unknowable and indescribable. Of what possible value is such a conception either to philosophy or religion?"

Still sad , even though I detest their history ,to see a fast disappearing cult pander to populism to last a little longer

surly there is pleasure in the heavens - not so sure about earthly reproduction ... as not just mr big but everyone already there.

... on another planet must exist the opposite sex of the same person on earth and when they get to heaven they are combined into one being.

Forum List

Back