Gay marriage is not a constitutional right

Sexuality isn't a choice, it's hard wired into the brain's structure. Doctors in Sweden have shown that the structure of gay female brains is the same of what it is in straight males, and the structure of gay male brains is the same as what straight females have.

Homosexuality in the Brain | Brain Blogger

So, the only way to "cure" someone of being gay, is to basically go in, restructure the brain, and they will be straight.

Only problem is, we don't have anywhere near the technology to do that, and even if we did, who would pay for something that might potentially erase you and replace you with another version?
Actually the brain has been shown to be neuroplastic and can change on its own. If anything "makes" people gay or transgender it's likely testosterone or estrogen imbalances which can be correct through natural means.

There is absolutely no evidence that can be done. But you are welcome to believe whatever you want, despite the lack of evidence.

But the "Constitutional" argument for forcing States to accept gay "marriages" is preposterous and obviously flawed. There is no right of "privacy" in the Constitution, and there are no "group" rights other than the right to "peaceably assemble" under the First Amendment. The very idea that a "couple" has "Constitutional" rights is ridiculous and totally unprecedented.

Couples don't have Constitutional rights- persons do- you frankly don't understand the ruling.

And certainly not 'unprecidented'- this is the fourth time the Supreme Court has overturned State marriage laws or regulations for being unconstitutional.

Equating two people of the same sex who cannot procreate with two people of different races is absurd and a misinterpretation of "separate but equal".

Marriage and sex are about procreation as far as society is concerned; the reason that states grant couples legal marriage privilidges is because it incentivites them to start a family which ideally will contribute to the economy and society.

Since gays cannot make children it defeats the whole purpose of offering them marriage incentives to begin with; therefore there is no reason for the state to do it; not to mention that allowing gays to adopt children puts the children in an unnatural environment which is likely harmful to them.

Therefore the Supreme court's ruling would best be overturned with a Constitutional amendment placing marriage solely in the hands of the states.

infertile hetero couples cannot procreate either, so should they be denied the right to marry?

before gay marriage was legal, same sex couples could have been denied the right to make legal decisions on behalf of their partner... been banned from visiting them in the hospital if that was the wishes of their blood relatives, nor could not enter into certain contracts only allowed for married couples.
anyhoo, that is not the basis for the 'institute of marriage'. try to learn true facts before posting something that is basically just your emotional opinion & personal religious hang ups.

History of Marriage: 13 Surprising Facts
By Tia Ghose, Senior Writer | June 26, 2013

"..."What marriage had in common was that it really was not about the relationship between the man and the woman," said Stephanie Coontz, the author of "Marriage, a History: How Love Conquered Marriage," (Penguin Books, 2006). "It was a way of getting in-laws, of making alliances and expanding the family labor force."

But as family plots of land gave way to market economies and Kings ceded power to democracies, the notion of marriage transformed. Now, most Americans see marriage as a bond between equals that's all about love and companionship. [I Don't: 5 Myths About Marriage] That changing definition has paved the way for same-sex marriage and Wednesday's (June 26) Supreme Court rulings, which struck down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and dismissed a case concerning Proposition 8. From polygamy to same-sex marriage, here are 13 milestones in the history of marriage.

1. Arranged alliances
[...]
2. Family ties
[...]
3. Polygamy preferred
[...]
4. Babies optional
[...]
5. Monogamy established
[...]

6. Monogamy lite
[...]
7. State or church?
[...]
8. Civil marriage
[...]
9. Love matches
[...]
10. Market economics
[...]
11. Different spheres
[...]
12. Partnership of equals
[...]
13. Gay marriage gains ground
[...]
13 Facts on the History of Marriage

Marriage under state statute is simply the merger to corporate entities with the state being the third party under the UCC. Should I ever get married again? I will not be obtaining a "license" to do something that is a God given right...it's not something I need permission from a benevolent "gubermint" to do. If queers want the state to recognize their unions? Whatever....but a REAL church would never , ever "marry" two people of the same gender in a house of worship and that is a fact.

So..............I guess that Hinduism (which is a religion, as well as has temples which equate to churches) who recognizes homosexuality isn't a "real church"?

Does that mean that Islam (which kills people who are gay) is a "real church"?

If given the choice between Hindu, Islam or Christian, I'd rather be Hindu.
Marriage under state statute is simply the merger to corporate entities with the state being the third party under the UCC. Should I ever get married again? I will not be obtaining a "license" to do something that is a God given right...it's not something I need permission from a benevolent "gubermint" to do. If queers want the state to recognize their unions? Whatever....but a REAL church would never , ever "marry" two people of the same gender in a house of worship and that is a fact.

So..............I guess that Hinduism (which is a religion, as well as has temples which equate to churches) who recognizes homosexuality isn't a "real church"?

Be "hindu"....knock yourself out..... but Christianity does not condone homosexuality as it is offensive to God, the father and His son Jesus Christ.

Got news for you, but Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality. Matter of fact, when He was asked what the greatest commandment is, He said "Love God above all else, and love one another as you love God".

Gender wasn't specified.

And.....................I also challenge you to show me in the Bible where it says that homosexuality is a sin. Got news for you, you can't.

However....................you CAN find a place in the Bible (namely the Old Testament, which is a Jewish not a Christian book), where it states that if one man lies with another it's an abomination. Got news for you, that is from the book that talks about the rules for JEWISH priests, not anything to do with Christianity. Leviticus is actually a manual for those who are Jewish priests, not Christians.

And by the way.................if a man lies with a woman on the same Naval command, she gets pregnant, and they decide to get married, that is also considered an "abomination" to the U.S. Navy, and one of those who are in the union have to be transferred to another command. You can't have a married couple serving in the same command in the Navy.

don't forget in the OT, the story of Sodom & Gomorrah- where a lot of zealots like to reference to 'prove' that homosexuality is sinful because the Bible 'says so'... usually tend to leave out the fact that the story also says Lot had sex with his 2 daughters. ummmm, does anybody find THAT sinful?

sex between 2 consenting unrelated same gender adults... bad.
sex between blood relatives... not?

Last edited:
Equating two people of the same sex who cannot procreate with two people of different races is absurd and a misinterpretation of "separate but equal".

Marriage and sex are about procreation as far as society is concerned; the reason that states grant couples legal marriage privilidges is because it incentivites them to start a family which ideally will contribute to the economy and society.

Since gays cannot make children it defeats the whole purpose of offering them marriage incentives to begin with; therefore there is no reason for the state to do it; not to mention that allowing gays to adopt children puts the children in an unnatural environment which is likely harmful to them.

Therefore the Supreme court's ruling would best be overturned with a Constitutional amendment placing marriage solely in the hands of the states.

Marriage is in the hands of the states. It is the states who issue marriage licenses

The federal government is concerned with equal treatment under the law...just like when states said that blacks and whites could not marry

Normal marriage is two people of the opposite sex having children and giving them shelter and place to grow until they are old enough to strike out on their own. Gays only have babies under manufactured mechanical circumstances. Thing is nobody CARES who screws WHO. Just don't make homosexually a broken form of sexuality, in need of parity with heterosexuality. Nice try, kids, but I am not buying it. Neither should you if you have common sense.

you do realize that any sexual acts between homosexuals is identical to heterosexuals. the only difference may be a matter of preference. nor does every sex act end in pregnancy.

Good luck with that.

Normal marriage is two people of the opposite sex having children and giving them shelter and place to grow until they are old enough to strike out on their own. Gays only have babies under manufactured mechanical circumstances. Thing is nobody CARES who screws WHO. Just don't make homosexually a broken form of sexuality, in need of parity with heterosexuality. Nice try, kids, but I am not buying it. Neither should you if you have common sense.

you do realize that any sexual acts between homosexuals is identical to heterosexuals. the only difference may be a matter of preference. nor does every sex act end in pregnancy.
No! A man has a penis that mates up perfectly with a woman's vagina.

Have you ever tried to plug the two male ends of two electrical cords together or the two female ends together? They just don't seem to mate up right.

Be "hindu"....knock yourself out..... but Christianity does not condone homosexuality as it is offensive to God, the father and His son Jesus Christ.

Got news for you, but Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality. Matter of fact, when He was asked what the greatest commandment is, He said "Love God above all else, and love one another as you love God".

Gender wasn't specified.

And.....................I also challenge you to show me in the Bible where it says that homosexuality is a sin. Got news for you, you can't.

However....................you CAN find a place in the Bible (namely the Old Testament, which is a Jewish not a Christian book), where it states that if one man lies with another it's an abomination. Got news for you, that is from the book that talks about the rules for JEWISH priests, not anything to do with Christianity. Leviticus is actually a manual for those who are Jewish priests, not Christians.

And by the way.................if a man lies with a woman on the same Naval command, she gets pregnant, and they decide to get married, that is also considered an "abomination" to the U.S. Navy, and one of those who are in the union have to be transferred to another command. You can't have a married couple serving in the same command in the Navy.

don't forget in the OT, the story of Sodom & Gomorrah- where a lot of zealots like to reference to 'prove' that homosexuality is sinful because the Bible 'says so'... usually tend to leave out the fact that the story also says Lot had sex with his 2 daughters. ummmm, does anybody find THAT sinful?

And that was also a sinful act, just as David's adulterous relationship with Basheaba was sinful. Nowhere in the Bible is Lot having sex with his daughter's portrayed as being acceptable.

Have you ever tried to plug the two male ends of two electrical cords together or the two female ends together? They just don't seem to mate up right.

what a man (or woman) does with another man (or woman) can physically be done between a man & woman.

Gender wasn't specified.

And that was also a sinful act, just as David's adulterous relationship with Basheaba was sinful. Nowhere in the Bible is Lot having sex with his daughter's portrayed as being acceptable.

it's called sarcasm. btw, not everyone has a religious hang up about sex, so to try & regulate it, as in what is 'morally' acceptable between consenting adults- is futile.

Gender wasn't specified.

what a man (or woman) does with another man (or woman) can physically be done between a man & woman.
Not unless one of the men has a vagina. An ass hole is not a vagina.

Gender wasn't specified.

so that particular sex act is never performed between a man & a woman? NEVER? NEVER EVER?

lol.

Gender wasn't specified.

You are not a vagina....but still an asshole

Gender wasn't specified.

Coming from you that's a complement.

Gender wasn't specified.

Using GLSEN, an offshoot of the LGBT, they are preaching the merits of faggotry to kids in grade school. Under Common Core, teachers are being encouraged to use queer couples as examples in teaching. Liberals really are sick motherfuckers. They will be jumping on the "Normalizing Of Adults Attracted To Children" bandwagon next...that move has already been played. Salon.Com has given a pedophile a platform from which to speak......

Gender wasn't specified.

so that particular sex act is never performed between a man & a woman? NEVER? NEVER EVER?

lol.
We have not yet discussed that PARTICULAR sex act. That being said, some sex acts between a man and a woman can not be performed by a man and a man because there is a different combination of body parts. If you don't understand this, I'm sorry, but I am not going to be crude enough to describe the details.

Someone somewhere is going to be offended that they can't marry as a sign of acceptance into popular culture. What's next, cannibal head hunting midgets are a new found minority that can't practice their form of lifestyle and need civil rights because they are being discriminated against? Think that's extreme? Satanist polygamist that practice human sacrifice? Absurd and extreme? Well, so is the need for gay marriage, extreme, unnecessary and inane. This is another example of political correctness gone awry.

Gender wasn't specified.

lol.
We have not yet discussed that PARTICULAR sex act. That being said, some sex acts between a man and a woman can not be performed by a man and a man because there is a different combination of body parts. If you don't understand this, I'm sorry, but I am not going to be crude enough to describe the details.

oh lordy. I am talking about sex with body parts that are the same regardless of gender.... but I think you knew that & are intentionally being ignorant. either way it matters not. know why?

same sex marriage legalized nationwide - Google Search

THAT'S why. And there ain't nuthin' you can do about it, so get over it already.

Someone somewhere is going to be offended that they can't marry as a sign of acceptance into popular culture. What's next, cannibal head hunting midgets are a new found minority that can't practice their form of lifestyle and need civil rights because they are being discriminated against? Think that's extreme? Satanist polygamist that practice human sacrifice? Absurd and extreme? Well, so is the need for gay marriage, extreme, unnecessary and inane. This is another example of political correctness gone awry.

wow. that was one of the best examples of an insane diatribe I have seen on this board. & that says a lot. kudos for you! :clap2:

Forum List

Back